Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fluff Powerhouse

16,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Jack-pot 100
CleoSombra
Found an MMO directory that doesn't have zOMG! in it. Would anyone like to contact the website and submit the game?

I'd be delighted!
Like them all <3

Fluff Powerhouse

16,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Jack-pot 100
Quote:
Screenshot: A screenshot of the game.
Genre: Adventure MMO
Name: zOMG!
Description: Gaia's zOMG! is a fully-functional battle system designed to allow users to engage in interactive battles against monsters that used to be inanimate objects (such as an alarm clock, a hat, or a purse). They do this using a variety of rings that harness the power of 'Ghi' (the energy source that flows all around gaia). When the user begins, immediately the plotline starts. Players can choose to either complete this arduous plot or stray off to do side missions.
Official website: www.gaiaonline.com/zomglanding/
Downloads: No download required!
Version: International

I'm currently trying to get a screenshot.
Does anyone have any full-screen shots of a boss-battle? Preferably NOT the End-Boss.
EDIT: Landy is acceptable. o3o

Familiar Lunatic

I have various glitch screenshots >.>
Pirate Captain Sushi
Quote:
Description: Gaia's zOMG! is a fully-functional battle system designed to allow users to engage in interactive battles against monsters that used to be inanimate objects (such as an alarm clock, a hat, or a purse). They do this using a variety of rings that harness the power of 'Ghi' (the energy source that flows all around gaia). When the user begins, immediately the plotline starts. Players can choose to either complete this arduous plot or stray off to do side missions.

Does anyone have any full-screen shots of a boss-battle? Preferably NOT the End-Boss.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/games/zomg/
http://www.gaiaonline.com/zomglanding/
Deazy
I've said this before, and I'll repeat myself.

One of the biggest untapped markets for zOMG is right here.

Gaia needs to link zOMG badges to Achievements, needs. People go nuts over Achievements and will more than likely pay for boosters to help achieve them quicker. Even better if we could use them somehow under our avatars - who wouldn't want to have "Alien Walker Mutilator" underneath our names or "Master of Evil" to commemorate killing Jack at the Ruins - and the only way to get that is by doing achievements, which in turn boosts zOMG use and much needed cash.

I agree with this so so much...getting Achievements is really addicting! To link ZOMG badges and Achievements, as well as create new ones...oh man that would be a blast!
Pirate Captain Sushi
Quote:

Sounds epically awesome =D
My sister and I are going around and doing boss battles, we'll have some screenshots for you very soon =) Note, we haven't finished the game yet (we've only just started Otami), but we'll give you what we can =)
Screenshots!!!
Papa Saw Battle--Mama Saw
General Mayhem, we're just chillin, but there he is xD

Hope these help some!!

Nerd

Doll Shrine and Papa Saw screen shots. : D

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee88/chrissy_a_33/Untitled-2.jpg

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee88/chrissy_a_33/Untitled2-1.jpg

Fluff Powerhouse

16,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Jack-pot 100
Loser Laili
Screenshots!!!
Papa Saw Battle--Mama Saw
General Mayhem, we're just chillin, but there he is xD

Hope these help some!!

gerardwaystwin
Doll Shrine and Papa Saw screen shots. : D

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee88/chrissy_a_33/Untitled-2.jpg

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee88/chrissy_a_33/Untitled2-1.jpg

These are great! Thanks for your help! whee

xMill's Partner

CleoSombra
Khrate
I'll spread the word outside of Gaia where I can, primarily on Grand Fantasia and site forums.

Just a thought: there are a ton of MMO directories online. MMO Hut, MMO Champion, MMORPG, MMO Site, etc. All of these sites have forums or pages for various games already established. A positive comment or two, or even better, a new zOMG! thread on a forum wouldn't hurt. I think you'd be surprised how many people check these sites if they're hesitant about starting a new game, or if they're already very experienced gamers and are looking for something new to try.

I know MMOHut has zOMG! on it. Would you be willing to go on some of those directories and submit the game for us? =D
Unfortunately, I just don't have the time to do that. Maybe during winter break. Sorry, I really would like to, but my studies come first. :' )

xMill's Partner

CleoSombra
I personally don't think a big portion of the site doesn't know about zOMG! We've had several announcements about it - it's release, the major holidays, and even the first April Fool's day. People know it exists. When asked "How do I make moar gold?" the immediate answers are "booty grab and zOMG!" People here know about the game, and there are good motives for playing it even if you're not interested in the content - the Halloween event was very lucrative, but Gaia only needed one additional server to compensate for the influx of users.

But yeah. I've seen VERY little advertising for zOMG, outside this site or inside. >.<
Butting in-- actually, I've met a pretty substantial number of people who didn't even know zOMG existed! Sure, they're more often than not to be new Gaians, but not everybody studiously checks the announcements. We've only had a few in the span of years anyway. ;D

A good indication of this is the zOMG! forum. Compared to many others, it's pretty slow, and I've also run into a lot of people in game who didn't know about developer meetups, game guides, etc.

So yes, more in site advertisement would be very, very good. The achievement idea is particularly clever, and additionally, I think it's a good idea to gently remind experienced users to help out newbies, or at least point them in the right direction when possible. We were all new at this game at some point. I've seen newbies become frustrated because of a glitch or a particularly hard task and just up and quit, and this might be prevented with a little community interaction.

Finally, what would be really great is if the zOMG developers could broadcast their updates more frequently. I'm not just talking about the holiday events or the new items-- I'm talking about in game changes and significant tweaks in the system. God knows we certainly get enough Gaians Gone Wild and other somewhat random linkage through announcements. D:

Also, the meetup thread seriously needs to get stickied, or at least featured in a single announcement. Word of mouth, dev status updates, and the thread can only go so far.

Suzaku Yo's Queen

Firebreathing Dragon

19,725 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Millionaire 200
well I know what I'll be spending the rest of my G-cash on. Those pets sound cool. I'll be doing all I can to support zOMG *salute*

6,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
EET MUST LEEV!!!

Gracious Flatterer

10,750 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Medalist 100
  • Olympian 200
That's some pretty dark news.
I'm not much of an on-line person beyond Gaia.
No FaceBook, no Twitter and not a member of any sites other than Gaia.
But I have some cash to spend on zOMG and will be sure to buy any and everything they make available come January.

Thanks for this news, as unsettling as it is.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff