Welcome to Gaia! ::

Familiar Lunatic

Formerly know as "Improving "My Level"- some suggestions."
In light of recent updates, I believe this needs updating : D
All that is Dark Red is new. Enjoy! Or die tryin'
~oOo~

For once, I'll try not to scare away people with high and mighty Walls of Text and/or rather numerous Ravenous Numbers.
Suppression/"My Level".
Wonderful feature. But I think it could use some small improvements:

-"+/-" button for fine adjustments, for when you just can't seem to get that "5.4" right.
Needing that .4 isn't a common occurence, the new buttons that alter your CL in full steps make perfect sense for that quick adjust to the area's/event's level. The ability to enter the exact CL covers the occasional stingy needs faster than these fine adjustment buttons would have. Go Devs!

-Custom Quick Level Change Buttons: for those places you visit often. (Greyed out if above your current level to avoid having people returning to their full power out of the Null.) (Think avatar outfits: you press button > you are Suppressed to that level you saved up earlier. If possible.)
I'd still like this, but all the other changes makes this really superflous.

-"You must be in the Null Chamber to return to your normal level.": or an equivalent message popping up in that familiar Red Text when a player tries to change to an higher level.
I love Red Obnoxious Text D: ... but the latest Level panel feedsback this important information in a better way. Finally. Love Devs!

-Auto-Supression: optional function that, if possible (only going down that is), adjusts your CL to a level appropriate for the Area you've just entered (as close as you can be to the average CL for the area) and/or makes it equal/as close to the CL of the leader of the crew you've just joined. Buffs are terminated each time this occurs. An "Easy/Normal/Hard" version could be unlocked upon defeating the EB. (This needs some work. Any suggestions?)
Shaky then, shaky still. They're able to adjust the Buffs now. Largely falls in overkill too, excepted that "New Game Plus" aspect. Just an idea ; D
~~~

Ugly Monochrome Visual Aid:
User Image
The latest iteration of the in-game panel could use some brush up.
The UI looks a tad odd, but it bloody works. So.
"My level" was a weird name.

~~~

Other people said things of interest:

Lobotryas
[...]
  • Giving players an "auto-suppress" option that would automatically suppress them down the max CL for an instance only when they enter. When the player leaves the instance (whether through a portal or death) they get immediately unsuppressed to their full CL. What can I say? They even adjust the freakin' buffs. Not an option, thought, but an option it needs not be. Bravo! Devs!
  • Shortcuts for a +/- function that would adjust your CL up or down by 0.1 when a shortcut is pressed. Allow us to hold down the shortcut for moving the slider instead of having to repeatedly press the shortcut button.
    Lobo clearly works for them D: The buttons don't scroll when you hold them down, but they don't need to: it'll take a while before clicking becomes too slow. Sadly.
  • Small text field where I can manually type in the desired CL and hit the enter key for the effect to take place.
    No? Really? You still need to click "confirm", thought.
[...]

~~~

SO, like the new Level panel?
Comments? Critics? Suggestions? Yes? No? Maybe? I don't know...
Were any of you confused, and/or scared, and/or utterly terrified by any part of this post? D: : D

EDIT: added some stuff for hopefully improved clarity.
RE-EDIT: quotes and some clean up.
RERE-EDIT: improved look.
RERERE-EDIT: in light of recent changes, BACK!

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
The +/- would be brilliant

Quick Levels I'm not so sure about... But then I don't suppress often enough to really justify it. It'd probably have only one value used xd

Auto-Suppression is certainly an idea that's been raised before. Yours is a good way to implement it.. Only thing would be, could it raise it when you enter a higher area automatically?
Valheita

Auto-Suppression is certainly an idea that's been raised before. Yours is a good way to implement it.. Only thing would be, could it raise it when you enter a higher area automatically?

No, it should remain the same way it is now, which is to manually return to the Null Chamber after you're done with the auto suppression.

Everything else, however, would make beautifil improvements to the zOMG! Battle System.

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
InuYasha 1291
No, it should remain the same way it is now, which is to manually return to the Null Chamber after you're done with the auto suppression.
Hmm. Any reasons why?

Familiar Lunatic

Valheita
InuYasha 1291
Hmm. Any reasons why?
To be consistent with other lowered level situations and to stay in touch with the story element behind suppression*?

*I think x P

Shy Streaker

Agree with val, +/- button would be lovely.
Custom Change Level Change Buttons, I don't quite understand this one. Explain in further detail?
You must be in the Null Chamber to return to your normal level, love this one. That would make less thread about bringing back level.
Auto-suppression, I 'd like it if yes, it was only optional.

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
gataka
Valheita
InuYasha 1291
Hmm. Any reasons why?
To be consistent with other lowered level situations and to stay in touch with the story element behind suppression*?

*I think x P
I forget the story element about suppression D:

Familiar Lunatic

@Jane Fallen Angel: you press button > you are suppressed to that level. The level was chosen and saved by you at an earlier point, think outfits for avatars. Clear?

@Val: I don't remember it either... one thing, thought, if you can only level down, you have to play the game in reverse if you try the "Easy/Normal/Hard" option. I think it would be fair to allow it in this particular case. I also think it would be best to stay consistent. Urg.

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
gataka
@Val: I don't remember it either... one thing, thought, if you can only level down, you have to play the game in reverse if you try the "Easy/Normal/Hard" option. I think it would be fair to allow it in this particular case. I also think it would be best to stay consistent. Urg.
Consistency is as good as anything I guess.

I don't much see why we can't change anywhere though. Instances all contain coding to stop it, mini-events do likewise.
gataka
I also think it would be best to stay consistent. Urg.

My thoughts exactly.

Familiar Lunatic

Valheita
gataka
Consistency is as good as anything I guess.

I don't much see why we can't change anywhere though. Instances all contain coding to stop it, mini-events do likewise.
Ummm... If you can't "break" out of the Auto-levelling out of the null and thus have your CL entirely established by the game itself, within the limits of what your ring set allows, would people be willing to break the story for better gameplay?
gataka: Thanks for bothering to make this. The sliding bar drives me crazy. I can never get it perfect when in a hurry. sad

And PLEASE YES! Add the red text about being in null. This is as bad as the (non-existant) tutorials.

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
gataka
Ummm... If you can't "break" out of the Auto-levelling out of the null and thus have your CL entirely established by the game itself, within the limits of what your ring set allows, would people be willing to break the story for better gameplay?
I wouldn't know about breaking the story. D:

I'm of the development stance that story can follow gameplay though.
gataka

If by story you mean the mini-events, that would break the entire purpose of playing the mini-events and would make the mini-events outplayed. I mean, look at the Spirit Pyre event in Otami, no one would play that because the Tiny Terrors keep popping out of nowhere during the last 20 seconds of the game. If that was to happen, no more dedication would be given to the game anymore, much like ppl farming in SS hard instead of going all the way to EB.

Shy Streaker

gataka
@Jane Fallen Angel: you press button > you are suppressed to that level. The level was chosen and saved by you at an earlier point, think outfits for avatars. Clear?

Clear. In that case, it's not a bad idea, for those who would actually want to use it. But I can't really think of when one would use it. If it could be saved and deleted, that would be good. But I still think that's it's a waster of the dev's time. Pretty useless, so many other suggestions made in your topic. yes, I think that it would more of a hassle to create this and have no one using it.

Hypothetically, let's say...

OMFG Jane really like's zen gardens and Jane likes doing Kat's doll. There would be a button that you'd click to be instantly cl 4.0, right?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff