Welcome to Gaia! ::

Invisible Sophomore

According to their latest announcement about taking down the game, Gaia is performing maintaince "in order to repair a critical issue that could potentially affect every Gaians playing the game."

The 'bugs' on zOMG haven't been fixed SINCE RELEASE. Perhaps once, during the first few months when the game came out -- but that was it.

I would also like to know what 'critical issue' exactly. I've been on zOMG quite a bunch for years -- still just fine.

With Gaia's primary focus on items, recolors and GC and practically no new features recently whatsoever, I do not understand why would they take action in reparing a five-year-old feature that they could not care less about.

Also, turning some of the maps to Towns 2 and giving us a zOMG pin item or whatever it was, makes for nice closure, in a sense.

I honestly don't think zOMG is coming back, and that promising us that it would is a false that would later be revealed. I wouldn't be surprised when the announcement about them eventually having to drop the game comes.
Been there since the closed beta, and despite all the bugs in closed and open, I still love zOMG. But Gaia's track record with the game is still far from perfect, and it does seem really sketchy.

I hope them getting rid of the game isn't the case, but if it turns out to be true, I suppose it's been a long time coming and should be shocking to no-one. However, I think it'd be a really stupid move.

Perfect Saint

I haven't been playing zOMG for a couple of years or more, but I am still hopeful it'll come back. Despite the iffy track record of the admins, they still had this to say: Removal Rumor
I find zomg the most interesting game they've created so far so this made me sad :L

Girl-Crazy Friend

10,425 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
I hope so. If they don't I'm quitting. It was the last best thing about this site, nothing compares to old zOMG.
I'm a little pessimistic myself but Gaia did bring back the forum battle events so it's not that unlikely they'll bring it back.
i signed up on gaia before zomg was made and only recently re activated my account
zomg was the only thing anyone would play on it when it came out and it makes me sad that i cant play after coming back on sad sad i dont know what these bugs are that everyones talking about? i dont think they were in it when i played (im not old so you know)

Invisible Sophomore

eletricblue 10126
i signed up on gaia before zomg was made and only recently re activated my account
zomg was the only thing anyone would play on it when it came out and it makes me sad that i cant play after coming back on sad sad i dont know what these bugs are that everyones talking about? i dont think they were in it when i played (im not old so you know)

You mean the bugs that don't exist? There are a few and the game has always been laggy IMO, but Gaia pointed out a "critical issue that might affect every Gaian playing the game", but wouldn't specify what it was -- on top that there probably isn't one. I've been on zOMG for years and I am not familiar with a significant issue that caused me harm sometime during my stay -- and same goes to other players.
omg ive missed out on so much i think its been 6 or 7 years since ive been on gaia haha i started when i was like 8 or 9, but i defiantly hope they don't shut it down its like the only thing i used to do on it.

Lupine Gatekeeper

6,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Gaian 50
and further down the rabbit hole we go.

Familiar Lunatic

This is indeed on the shady shady end of the shade spectrum, but I think they're honest in intent.

Will they do what they say is another matter :U

Manly Girl

I'm fine with people spreading these rumors then maybe the non-soulbound event rings will drop in value on the MP and I can afford to buy them back (I was an idiot to sell of them in the first place)

7,350 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
I hope they dont really shut down ZOMG...its the main reason why i log in on Gaia... crying crying crying

Pchooo's Husbando

High-functioning Lunatic

It's a shame that they don't give zomg the attention that it deserves. It was, by far, the most ambitious undertaking in Gaia history and really had the potential to draw a lot of interest to the site... if they had continued development after release.

It's still an enjoyable game even without support, but every time I play it I can't help but think how wasted it is by the Gaia team.

Hope they finish up with maintenance soon at least.
Vegan Cupcakes_x
I hope so. If they don't I'm quitting. It was the last best thing about this site, nothing compares to old zOMG.

I feel the same way.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces