Welcome to Gaia! ::

The amount of "The Battle System of Gaia is sucky" threads is staggering. And, well, the arguments aren't very good either. My question is - is why do these people feel the need to say it? Yes, I know that this forum is to discuss it, but just sitting around complaining seems very counterproductive. jeez, do you think that rather than complaining, you could make suggestions on how to make it better? Then again, you can't really judge it, as its not even OUT yet.

It will ruin gaia. Everybody will be playing the Battles and not be going on the forums.

This is really quite a silly argument. For one - just like owns, Cards, Slots, Fishing, and all of the other games, the Battle System is only a feature. So far, it seems that you won't have to download anything other than Flash player, which you'd need for the other games anyways. Not everybody's going to play it, because if things really worked that way, nobody would be in forums now. They'd all be running around in towns. And it is not likee interaction in the new Battle System will be impossible. jeez, there's a chatbox, just like towns.

So no, not the entirety of Gaia's seven millin + users will be in Battle Systems, leaving you alone in the forums, or other games.

It looks crappy and cheap! The monsters are stupid!

This is of course, likely, you comparing the screencapped parts of the Battle System to actual MMORPGs. Comparing it to WoW, RO, and some of the others. Hell, even Runescape. However, the Battle System is not the same as any of these. For one, its just a Battle System. The main features of Gaia, where most activity will be, will remained, always the forums, the avatars, the shopping. Games are just features.

As far as graphics go, you have to compare the Battle System to other MMOs which don't actually require you to download a client, but rather, simply require you to play it via your browser window. Already, it looks much better than Runescape. It doesn't take up memory on your computer, so why complain?

As far as the monster's go, they're very obviously supposed to be jokes. These are also, likely, the n00bish monsters. There will be more, but these are the initial cutesy/n00bish ones.

All in all, critics are acting as if you CANT ignore the Battle System. But Jesus, you can! its no reason to quite Gaia. I mean, you'll only have to deal with it if you come to this forum, and play the game itself. Perhaps an occasional thread in the GCD?

Yeah, I don't understand why people are acting as if this is so Gaia-changing/ruining. Gaia's done drastic changes before, and its still doing fine. And this shallow enough to leave the site over a game/feature it adds, are even more fail than those who leave over changed layouts.

biggrin

Random Info

Weapons Handheld avatar weapons, such as swords and staffs, will not be usable as weapons in game. At least, at the moment.
I completely agree, but have nothing to add.
I thank you, Person with the same Head as me.

Eloquent Explorer

I'm just starting to dislike the fact that it's a MMORPG> When I first heard about it, my initial thought was King of Fighter, Street Fighter, Tekken, Virtual Fighter.

A battle System that worked like those games.
Tankie Sakoya
I'm just starting to dislike the fact that it's a MMORPG> When I first heard about it, my initial thought was King of Fighter, Street Fighter, Tekken, Virtual Fighter.

A battle System that worked like those games.

A mod himself said the initial purpose of the Battle System was to be PvP. So, it can be both MMO, or, Battle eachother/Tekken sort of stuff. I mean, its possible to go on for the purpose of fighting other Gaians? I'm sure there would be a PvP area, as that was its initial purpose.

Its still being developed, so, nobody can be sure of what features it will include.
Kuya-Kun!
I thank you, Person with the same Head as me.

rofl
well i agree everyone rofl
heart
Really? xD
Wow. Good job! I couldn't have said it better.

Nor would I have tried in the first place. xd
Kiyone Ayamori
Wow. Good job! I couldn't have said it better.

Nor would I have tried in the first place. xd

There's just so many threads bashing it, and its going to be months before its even out. xD
I myself am qutie excited over it. Seeing as how its been in the works since shortly after Gaia's birth.
this is going to be so radical
THANK YOU. heart
And as dumb as the rings sound- because really now, I'm going to kill you with my rings- it's sort of a genius compromise so you don't have to be rich to have fun, and you can have one character but still do a variety of things.

lizbot's Kouhai

Wicked Shadow

You are my hero. Thanks.
amen to that 3nodding
I agree with the OP. It may not look impressive, but hey, which game was 100% impressive on it's release day? None.

You may not like it now, but over time, and with user feedback, it'll evolve into something most of us will enjoy.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff