Welcome to Gaia! ::

Somber Lunatic

Just ignore this thread. It's old and.... Yeah, ohh well, I have a better ring idea up so why don't you go there?

Yeah, people to told me to post suggestions here, so I did....
And I'm very sure no one had this exact idea before, it would be too strange for people to think about the same I do, but imagine the conversions though, seems nice....
Anyway..
History: While taking a shower yesterday I was thinking about veggies, with that meat, and then I thought, 'why isn't there another type of food ring like that?' [Sugar Rush doesn't count, I was thinking about buffs, not passives, and yes, I know I have strange thoughts and all, thank you...] And then I randomly thought of pudding, because I love pudding, I mean, who doesn't?! ♥ So I got the idea of a 'Pudding Ring'.
The concept is fairly easy, pudding has sugar, and because sugar is said to make people all hyperactive and what not, I think it should like fasten pace for a short time, faster than Coyote, but slower than Fleet, (fine, scratch that, as I said many times the idea of faster pace is because it fit the concept... But because people are hating on it and too lazy to read my previous replies I have to point it out here don't I?) I think it should also give like mass dodge boost, and accuracy, and like mega attacks, like 2x more than normal.... I think of the duration of it working like, a minute. Higher rage ranks can increase any type of boosts, or everything a bit, or like get an extra will boost, the time of loading I think should be like 2 minutes maybe? Sounds logical to me.... Also, i think it would make sense that when used in a crew only the person who used the ring should get the buff and all boosts, like meat and turtle, it makes sense to me....
I don't know what do you think? I think it's not a bad idea. But I don't know your opinion, I think pudding ring is a cute name too, sort of catchy, it's just sweet ♥ Because it's pudding.

Edit: Because people are too lazy to read what I say and what not and my replies and all, I shall point it out here again: Scratch the whole speed idea, it's only there because it fit the concept..... It's mainly all types of boosts to make your attacks more powerful for a brief time.....

Is it visible enough or do I have to make it red too?!

Sorry but how would you feel repeating the same thing over and over again because people don't listen to you? Well, not much different I assume......

Don't forget to read the comments, replies, might find something interesting to get back to, maybe we will get at least something positive out of this threat.....

Suggestion about orbs and S orbs → Here.
Suggestion for stamina raising ring → Here.

Bloodthirsty Demon

24,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Noble Shade 100
I would say to space out your paragraphs for starters. Trying to read that entire jumbled mess kinda hurts my eyes. Q_Q

Also, about your ring suggestion, be less vague about the stat boosts. Try giving some real numbers? "Mass Dodge Boost, and accuracy, and mega attacks" is a little vague to me.

Benevolent Codger

I suspect I should know better than to get between people and their pudding, but alas. redface

Firstly, you realise that the phenomenon you're basing this ring on is a 'sugar rush' - even if you consider it distinct from the ring Sugar Rush, the conceptual overlap between the two is almost absolute. What is it about Sugar Rush that you feel inadquately expresses that notion, and why do you feel that your Pudding Ring expresses better?

However, we can still examine the concept in a vacuum. Does the effect you've described accurately portray hyperactivity induced by sugar? Personally, I've always been rather dissatisfied with the way Sugar Rush represented it - having more energy doesn't make one capable of moving more quickly or dodging attacks more easily, it simply allows one to do it over an extended period of time; that is, it allows more stamina. I seem to recall zOMG! implementing some feature reminiscent of personal Stamina, but I can't seem to remember just what. sweatdrop

Back to your design, though: it's generally best when designs do less, rather than more - simply adding more functions onto a ring tends not to make it better. The one thing your design does uniquely is that - if I understood correctly - it reduces ring cooldowns to allow for faster attacks. This fits reasonably well with the notion that a 'sugar rush' makes one jittery or anxious, and leads to a mechanical resonance in that an individual under the effect would 'crash' - that is, run out of Stamina - relatively quickly thereafter (something that Sugar Rush misses). What's more, effects that increase ring speed are relatively common suggestions, meaning that a ring which focused on that effect would be potentially popular. It would be relatively difficult to balance (probably necessitating Turtle-esque duration-to-Cooldown ratios), but that's more a development concern than a design one.

All-in-all, I agree the concept is 'cute', and I think that your version would probably mark some improvement over Sugar Rush; however, I'd consider revising Sugar Rush's function before I'd consider implementing another ring to embody the same concept. Moreover, I think there are other ways to represent ring-speed increases, and that some of those interpretations may more naturally convey the concept, as well. Nonetheless, you certainly have some good ideas, and I hope you're willing to keep posting suggestions... 3nodding

Dapper Gawker

7,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Athlete 50
  • Medalist 100
um i should think they should add a Fireball ring and a ice barrage ring cause its cool

Somber Lunatic

Mage Ragepunk
I would say to space out your paragraphs for starters. Trying to read that entire jumbled mess kinda hurts my eyes. Q_Q

Also, about your ring suggestion, be less vague about the stat boosts. Try giving some real numbers? "Mass Dodge Boost, and accuracy, and mega attacks" is a little vague to me.

Sorry, It's just the way I write, I can't help it, you'll have to get used to it....

About stats, something like....
Speed, in between Coy and Fleet, no clue what number, pick one.
Will +5
Dodge +10
Accuracy +10
And yeah, attacks are 2x more powerful than normal, I think that's fairly obvious.

Stats on ring level 1.0

Red Kutai

I suspect I should know better than to get between people and their pudding, but alas. redface

Firstly, you realise that the phenomenon you're basing this ring on is a 'sugar rush' - even if you consider it distinct from the ring Sugar Rush, the conceptual overlap between the two is almost absolute. What is it about Sugar Rush that you feel inadquately expresses that notion, and why do you feel that your Pudding Ring expresses better?

However, we can still examine the concept in a vacuum. Does the effect you've described accurately portray hyperactivity induced by sugar? Personally, I've always been rather dissatisfied with the way Sugar Rush represented it - having more energy doesn't make one capable of moving more quickly or dodging attacks more easily, it simply allows one to do it over an extended period of time; that is, it allows more stamina. I seem to recall zOMG! implementing some feature reminiscent of personal Stamina, but I can't seem to remember just what. sweatdrop

Back to your design, though: it's generally best when designs do less, rather than more - simply adding more functions onto a ring tends not to make it better. The one thing your design does uniquely is that - if I understood correctly - it reduces ring cooldowns to allow for faster attacks. This fits reasonably well with the notion that a 'sugar rush' makes one jittery or anxious, and leads to a mechanical resonance in that an individual under the effect would 'crash' - that is, run out of Stamina - relatively quickly thereafter (something that Sugar Rush misses). What's more, effects that increase ring speed are relatively common suggestions, meaning that a ring which focused on that effect would be potentially popular. It would be relatively difficult to balance (probably necessitating Turtle-esque duration-to-Cooldown ratios), but that's more a development concern than a design one.

All-in-all, I agree the concept is 'cute', and I think that your version would probably mark some improvement over Sugar Rush; however, I'd consider revising Sugar Rush's function before I'd consider implementing another ring to embody the same concept. Moreover, I think there are other ways to represent ring-speed increases, and that some of those interpretations may more naturally convey the concept, as well. Nonetheless, you certainly have some good ideas, and I hope you're willing to keep posting suggestions... 3nodding

Well, yeah, I know that but come on, you always need any type of base for everything you do, even if not directly the idea must come from somewhere. It always has elements of something existing, no matter how much you try to be original. Plus, the Pudding ring, how I called has as concept a buff ring, not as a passive as Sugar Rush.

The hyperactivity is just a concept, I have a brother with ADHD that's why, and he seems to have quite good dodge and what-not, but of course that can be because I am just lazy and slower than him, being quite a bit taller and heavier than him and all, so yeah, it's just a concept, I tried to use terminology pretty much everyone would understand.

Yeah, I know maybe but I mean it would be handy for like DMS or something to have dodge and will and a more powerful attack and all, it's not something to use all the time, because I know it's annoying to have something with functions you don't really care about, it's mainly a power buff type of ring, I just added the speed because I thought it sort of fitted the description, that's it really. And yeah, I don't know, I think it's just a buff a la style of Fleet and Turtle, relatively short work duration, relatively long cool-down, that is my thoughts.

Yeah, but the speed is actually only there because it fitted the description, it's mostly just all types of boosts, mainly accuracy and twice as powerful attacks, since that can be very handy, and yes I know Keen is an accuracy buff but it still isn't created mainly for more powerful attacks, more like missing less attacks, so yeah. The speed of the ring loading is just because if it will load too fast people constantly use it to get done faster, and that would be too easy in my opinion, that's why I thought of it to have such long cool-down.

XxDarkHeavenSoulxX
um i should think they should add a Fireball ring and a ice barrage ring cause its cool

Fire rain has fireballs, when you R4 it, I know it's not what you mean but it would look sort of strange though shooting fireballs at stings, but I don't know, I mean if there was something like that from the beginning of Gaia it would look normal, but it's fairly ordinary, things like those can be seen in all types of shounen-anime, and what's fairly typical in Gaia/zOMG is that they use very ordinary, everyday items as a base for rings, and all types of items, seeking it's structure, and characteristics, or basing it of a known proverb. So, I know it would be nice, but, I doubt they will actually make any more rings, except maybe another event ring....

~~~~~~

People, come on, I came up with the whole base concept and all in in the shower gonk in like 3 minutes or less all by all, what else could you possibly expect? I was just wondering what people on here would think of it, I know it won't actually be made, Gaia won't make rings anymore, they work with sets here, so even if they'd make it they'll have to make 3 other rings and I don't know what they'll call the set but when I think of a Pudding Ring I think of a Sumo, and a Sumo ring sat seems so..... Very, very odd..... It's not that I'm really joking about it though, it would be nice, but come on, like that would ever happen.......

By the way I yum_puddi !

Dapper Gawker

7,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Athlete 50
  • Medalist 100
oh and forgot somethign else they should also make a another defib but wit a different name that revives and heals all the downed players

Charitable Giver

12,100 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
why would we be talking about new rings for zomg? zomg is in maintenance mode now......

Generous Gatekeeper

10,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
  • Generous 100
ya i herd about this new ring thing a friend told me and i was just asking him if it's real about this new idea for a ring but why a new ring not a new place.

Siylia's Wife

Tipsy Gawker

I thought you were going to say that the effects involved some kind of bouncy deflection of sugary goodness.
or some kind of zombie pudding summon that briefly attacks eats the other monster.

yum_puddi

emotion_drool

D:< Curse you pudding, Stop making me hungry!

Perfect Saint

A Mary Sue Ring? We need a back story.

Somber Lunatic

XxDarkHeavenSoulxX
oh and forgot somethign else they should also make a another defib but wit a different name that revives and heals all the downed players

Like Defib but then with range, like Wish, higher rage more range and higher heals? Something like that? Because for self reviving you have Revive (Regular), I heard from people using Superchargers heal you from being dazed as well, but I don't know I don't use things like that.....

secrets-n-lies
why would we be talking about new rings for zomg? zomg is in maintenance mode now......

I know it is, as I sad I just posted it because I wanted to know about what people think of the concept, since I know people wouldn't like the name from the beginning.....

joeboxer2012
ya i herd about this new ring thing a friend told me and i was just asking him if it's real about this new idea for a ring but why a new ring not a new place.

I just wanted opinions from people, I know it won't actually be used, I didn't think people would hate it this much.... gonk And zOMG has been ditched so I heard, so there won't be new area's coming, especially not soon, they just got DMS for a few months anyway......

MidnightCyan
I thought you were going to say that the effects involved some kind of bouncy deflection of sugary goodness.
or some kind of zombie pudding summon that briefly attacks eats the other monster.

yum_puddi

emotion_drool

D:< Curse you pudding, Stop making me hungry!

Yeah, maybe like some sort of creepy type of pudding that bites enemies, would be sort of funny actually, now I'm wondering, don't they have something like that.... Nahh, don't think so, probably was somewhere else I saw that, most likely on some anime.....

Myrielle
A Mary Sue Ring? We need a back story.

Well come on, I came up with it in like 3 minutes or less in the shower, what could you possibly expect? gonk

~~~~~~

Come on is it really such a bad idea people?! >.<'
I mean yeah, it's sort of messy, but it it really THAT terrible? It's because I came up with the concept huh?
Well I personally don't see the point of having another ring that does the same thing as coyote spirit, sugar rush, and fleet feet. Changing the stats to make it between those rings doesn't matter. In the end, it's the same as those rings.

[ JK ] had so many ideas for new rings, such as an ice-spike kind of a ring, and a buddy call ring. He wasn't able to implement his ideas of new zones and new rings because he was pulled from zOMG! and he never really had the help or the funding in the first place.

But zOMG! is in maintenance mode, which means that we will not see major updates (zones, rings) for a long...long time...

Benevolent Codger

x Before Birthday x
Yeah, maybe like some sort of creepy type of pudding that bites enemies, would be sort of funny actually, now I'm wondering, don't they have something like that.... Nahh, don't think so, probably was somewhere else I saw that, most likely on some anime.....

Not in zOMG!, but there's an archetypical enemy from the Final Fantasy series called a Flan, which occasionally have forms known as Puddings. Perhaps your suggestion ought to have been for a pudding-based enemy, though I'm not sure how many mechanics immediately lend themselves to puddings that haven't been already considered for Fluffs. sweatdrop

One possibility that does spring to mind is such an enemy that grants a 'sugar rush'-type buff when you defeat it - it captures the basic flavour, while doing something that most enemies (barring perhaps a Cotton Candy Fluff) wouldn't make sense doing. Given the right context, they could actually be rather interesting. 3nodding
Quote:
Well come on, I cane up with it in like 3 minutes or less in the shower, what could you possibly expect? gonk

Is it alright if I turn that question around on you? That is to say, what did you expect people to say about it, when you suggested it? Obviously our responses aren't meeting your expectations, either. redface
Quote:
I mean yeah, it's sort of messy, but it it really THAT terrible? It's because I came up with the concept huh?

I don't think it's a bad idea at all, and I hope my post didn't imply as much; but I think there's a lot of room-for-improvement between 'bad idea' and 'should be implemented'. The root idea certainly has value, and the concept is suitably whimsical for zOMG! - I just don't think the specific ring you proposed is really necessary or desirable. However, as I mentioned, there are other ways to interpret the concept, and I'd encourage you to keep re-examining it if you'd like to find something that might get implemented.

I'm not saying your ideas are bad or wrong; what I'm saying is that I think your ideas could use some improvement. I believe every suggestion deserves to be treated like it has a distinct possibility of being implemented, and that leads me to being particularly critical; however, I'm critical simply because I believe the idea is good, and deserves to be improved to the point that it could be implemented. Of all things, I certainly meant no offense...

Stubborn Werewolf

15,500 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Team Jacob 100
The idea sounds pretty cool, but I wonder if a power-up with that effect might be more of a possibility? cat_neutral

If they want to make zOMG! more popular again so maybe it'll get more funding, I think they should extend the storyline or something... cat_idea I mean after all isn't zOMG! an open beta which implies that it's a test/experiment or something? cat_neutral In which case, new ideas, I would think, should be submitted more often.... cat_3nodding

Somber Lunatic

La Adelita
Well I personally don't see the point of having another ring that does the same thing as coyote spirit, sugar rush, and fleet feet. Changing the stats to make it between those rings doesn't matter. In the end, it's the same as those rings.

[ JK ] had so many ideas for new rings, such as an ice-spike kind of a ring, and a buddy call ring. He wasn't able to implement his ideas of new zones and new rings because he was pulled from zOMG! and he never really had the help or the funding in the first place.

But zOMG! is in maintenance mode, which means that we will not see major updates (zones, rings) for a long...long time...

Copy pate from previous reply:
Yeah, but the speed is actually only there because it fitted the description, it's mostly just all types of boosts, mainly accuracy and twice as powerful attacks, since that can be very handy.

I guess everyone has some idea at some point, just most of those aren't posted because people can't deal with criticism, sadly none of them would most likely be used, since they'll have to make a whole ring set and all, and they ditched zOMG recently too, so....

Yes, I know they are, quite sad, but ohh well, at least they added DMS before ditching it.... At least something.

Red Kutai
x Before Birthday x

Not in zOMG!, but there's an archetypical enemy from the Final Fantasy series called a Flan, which occasionally have forms known as Puddings. Perhaps your suggestion ought to have been for a pudding-based enemy, though I'm not sure how many mechanics immediately lend themselves to puddings that haven't been already considered for Fluffs. sweatdrop

One possibility that does spring to mind is such an enemy that grants a 'sugar rush'-type buff when you defeat it - it captures the basic flavour, while doing something that most enemies (barring perhaps a Cotton Candy Fluff) wouldn't make sense doing. Given the right context, they could actually be rather interesting. 3nodding
Quote:
Well come on, I cane up with it in like 3 minutes or less in the shower, what could you possibly expect? gonk

Is it alright if I turn that question around on you? That is to say, what did you expect people to say about it, when you suggested it? Obviously our responses aren't meeting your expectations, either. redface
Quote:

I don't think it's a bad idea at all, and I hope my post didn't imply as much; but I think there's a lot of room-for-improvement between 'bad idea' and 'should be implemented'. The root idea certainly has value, and the concept is suitably whimsical for zOMG! - I just don't think the specific ring you proposed is really necessary or desirable. However, as I mentioned, there are other ways to interpret the concept, and I'd encourage you to keep re-examining it if you'd like to find something that might get implemented.

I'm not saying your ideas are bad or wrong; what I'm saying is that I think your ideas could use some improvement. I believe every suggestion deserves to be treated like it has a distinct possibility of being implemented, and that leads me to being particularly critical; however, I'm critical simply because I believe the idea is good, and deserves to be improved to the point that it could be implemented. Of all things, I certainly meant no offense...

Yeah, that seems nice, wonder what type of area to put it in though, maybe if they'd make another sub-area in Zen, something like a kitchen they can make you fight to all kind of Japanese and Eastern/Asian foods. The idea of it dropping specific rings sound nice too.

And yes I didn't expect anyone to like it, most people not really, but I didn't expect everyone to like it...... Well, maybe I did, but then still I would've hoped for people to see something positive in it as well >.<

I know it needs improvement, it's not perfect, it has flaws, but then still, a good and flawless idea doesn't just hit you like that, you have an idea, a base, a crude concept, everything's crude at the beginning, but except for focusing on all bad things about it you should focus on the good ones, and improve those. So that it's even better.

hogosha shido
The idea sounds pretty cool, but I wonder if a power-up with that effect might be more of a possibility? cat_neutral

If they want to make zOMG! more popular again so maybe it'll get more funding, I think they should extend the storyline or something... cat_idea I mean after all isn't zOMG! an open beta which implies that it's a test/experiment or something? cat_neutral In which case, new ideas, I would think, should be submitted more often.... cat_3nodding

Yeah, maybe a power up like that would be nice though, at least something worth buying I think, not that the others aren't, just that it's nothing for me...

I think they should extent the storyline and everything, would be very nice, also I always wondered when they would open up Aeka and Durem, I wonder what it'd look like, more quests there, would be nice, and I understand it needs a test period and what-not, doesn't everything after all? I mean for example you can't just sell medicine without first testing it effects and everything? People might die, or get seriously sick, or anything. Not that people would die of zOMG not being tested, but it's always good to know the flaws of something so you can improve them, not that you can entirely clear them, just lessen it, so the negatives are as minimal as possible.

I'll submit ideas whenever I get one, hopefully a better one, don't want to be such a disappointment again.... Or I just won't post any...... I'll see when I get there.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff