Welcome to Gaia! ::

gosh, i thought this was settled once and for all 6 months ago.

If 'weapons' were implemented, a lot of Gaia wouldn't be able to play effectively, due to the high cost of most 'weapons' while i agree that old members should get something for being here all this time, making Gaia 'weapons only' would suck. This is coming from someone who's been around gaia for some time, but not exactly an Old or a New member.

Rings are a great idea. It gives everyone a chance to play-and be themselves. Rings seem much more flexible-and since we can 'create our own classes', skill combination possibilites will be endless.

the core of the 'anti-ring' argument is that old players have to start on the same footing as new players. I think players that have been here for, lets say 2+ years should get a special ring, player's who've been here for 4+ years get another special ring, and so on.

Girl-Crazy Shoujo

15,500 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Tycoon 200
  • Mark Twain 100
The ring system was most likely put in so players could keep there avatars looking exactly the way they wan't, without sacrificing power.

Second, don't rich players already dominate the game? If your talking about real world cash, then listen to this: even on the first month out, collectibles can go somewhere near 20k a pop. The OMFG Box goes about, maybe 13k. If its gold, then rich player have tons of it. It, may, however, provide a normal player with a chance to sell rings so they don't have to play the market.

Third, if their rich, and there were no rings, wouldn't they just buy the best weapons and armor?

Fourth, it would be a HUGE pain to switch between battle armor and your forum clothes frequently.

Fifth, if they were going to use weapons, but then they suddenly switch away, it means they had a better idea.

Sixth, you may still get you wish with the weapons. I've heard they are coming out with an item creation thing. Who knows, you may be able to get a Zapuma Bone and Steel Ore and make a Surge Blade.

Seventh, the rich may not feel like gathering the supplies himself/herself, and buy the materials or finished product from the average Gaian.

Eighth, they would always tie in a melee attack to a ring. Like one that simulates a sword strike, a dagger puncture, an arrow from a bow, a club smash, ect.

Ninth, its buisness. If they are not on an equal plane in the MMO, the intrest in monthly collectibles might fall, and with it, the company's profits.

Tenth, programing time that would have been spent on programing weapons, armor, and associated game mechanics can be spent on other things. Like rings or quests.
eeeehhhhhhh?

Liberal Sex Symbol

6,650 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
I like the argument that there are not that many swords. I hate the people who keep saying there are thousands of items when clearly there are not.

What are there like 9 swords and 5 types of armor?
They should make rings for every sword and every metal armor in Gaia. It would NOT take that long.

Sword of Aegis, Fire whip, Ice whip, G-blade, Flame sword, Ancient Katana, Fire gauntlet, Ice gauntlet, Demonic pitchfork,

Mythrill, Damascus, Ookami Armor, Lost Odyssey (Kaim's Armor), Jack's 2k7 Armor Plate,
chibi sailor iris
oh boy not another of these treads rolleyes the devs already decided with the rings. there no turning back for such thing, plus i doubt they goona restart everthing in the BS, just bacuse some measly weapons

QFT
I think part of the reason they put rings was to put originality to the battle system. Apparently it's impossible to have something different other than swinging a sword around. Excuse the devs for being creative.

250 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
ring is stupd
Melois Koro is Missing
Black rose shika
Hey here's a post. I just ruined your little idea! I mean come on do people go to your threads and say "Yeah...Nobody post and the thread will fad from existance" neutral This is America, have you ever heard of freedom of speech ? I f he wants to rant let him rant !

DO YOU READ ******** POST DATES?!?
Yes actually ido
Black rose shika
Melois Koro is Missing
Black rose shika
Hey here's a post. I just ruined your little idea! I mean come on do people go to your threads and say "Yeah...Nobody post and the thread will fad from existance" neutral This is America, have you ever heard of freedom of speech ? I f he wants to rant let him rant !

Yes actually ido

Well, maybe if the post dates date back to almost a year ago, and the situation was solved about a year ago, maybe you don't need to bump it...

Seriously, isn't it against the TOS to bump thread that are several months old that have no reason to actually be bumped...
Bolto The Mage
Black rose shika
Melois Koro is Missing
Black rose shika

Yes actually ido

Well, maybe if the post dates date back to almost a year ago, and the situation was solved about a year ago, maybe you don't need to bump it...

Seriously, isn't it against the TOS to bump thread that are several months old that have no reason to actually be bumped...

Yes.
IF YOU DONT LIKE THE FREAKIN GAME GO TO GOOGLE AND SEARCH FOR ANOTHER MMORPG! IM SO SICK! OF PEOPLE WHINGING "I WANT WEAPONS..... COUES, IT WOULD BE LIKE... SO AWSOME!!!!!!" omg, i suggest every time we see these threads, ignore them and let them die -.-
S1Genocide
I like the argument that there are not that many swords. I hate the people who keep saying there are thousands of items when clearly there are not.

They should make rings for every sword and every metal armor in Gaia. It would NOT take that long.

Sword of Aegis, Fire whip, Ice whip, G-blade, Flame sword, Ancient Katana, Fire gauntlet, Ice gauntlet, Demonic pitchfork,

Mythrill, Damascus, Ookami Armor, Lost Odyssey (Kaim's Armor), Jack's 2k7 Armor Plate,

way more then 9 weapon like items on gaia.

I don't know about armor, but as for weapons I actually went threw my collection of crap and came out with over 40 different items that are considered weapons. argue with me and I pull out my chainsaw ~_^ (full list in my journal)

Interesting Hunter

Im not sure if this has been brought up in this thread or not .. but in my opinion if they were to make it so that weapons would be implemented from the existing itms for your avi and give them stats and stuff that evry ones avi's would start to look a lot alike just because evry one would want the weapon with the best stats to compete ... which would eventually be a downfall to the site itself

Liberal Sex Symbol

6,650 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
Draco the Dog of War
S1Genocide

way more then 9 weapon like items on gaia.

I don't know about armor, but as for weapons I actually went threw my collection of crap and came out with over 40 different items that are considered weapons. argue with me and I pull out my chainsaw ~_^ (full list in my journal)

I am not counting "guns" or Halloween items. There should be no guns in the MMO. And the Halloween items would be cheesy and weak in game anyways. So if you have 40 items post the list from tek tek. Theres no way I get 40 weapon items.

Eloquent Lunatic

15,500 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Gender Swap 100
Naitomare
gosh, i thought this was settled once and for all 6 months ago.

It was. Somebody necro'd the thread.

S1Genocide
I am not counting "guns" or Halloween items. There should be no guns in the MMO.

Why the hell not? The MMO is supposed to take place in Gaia, if there are are guns in Gaia why shouldn't there be rings that simulate guns in the MMO?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff