Welcome to Gaia! ::

Just to get an answer off this because I am a person of reason but, Why are the rings dumb? I'd just like to know why everyone thinks they're dumb.
funaggie
Forget it.

We are having rings.

If you don't want rings and rather have weapons.

Go play Runescape.

Right on! She's totally right. Want weapons and armor and such? go play World of Warcraft, Runscape, Adventure Quest, or whatever else! Just stop dissing what WE want.

Gallant Werewolf

10,150 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Battle: Knight 100
you have alot of good points there.... but... sometimes you cant have things your way.... Im afraid the ring system will stay.... I, as many including you, am disapointed that I will not be able to use weapon or even my own fists, but I am also sure that the gaian devs will make it a fun game to play, do not judge it yet....

Lonely Phantom

User Image
I don't even want to take the time to explain why there are no weapons, why there will be no weapons, why it's unfair to alot of people, etc.
I'm happy for those who have taken the time to point out their opinion to the long and tedious points you've pulled out.
The only thing I wan't to say is this:
Rings are to stay.
You can give your opinion, but unfortunately for you, we will not have weapons in the Battle System, and that's it.
It's not gong to change because:
1)Too many users support it
2)It's an original Idea
3) It balances out, letting people START at the same point.
4) We're going to have weapons anyway, They're called RINGS.
'First, the time that the oldbies have waited for the battle system, constantly expecting weapons (as in swords, bows, ect.) are going to be implemented, as shown in the demo release. It felt something as a betrayal that the mods suddenly turned their backs on all the feedback and did there own thing.'

THEY SED 4 LONG TYM DER R NO WEPUNZ

Beloved Sex Symbol

9,000 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200
Water Rouge
GenTrigger
Christ...

Think about it for a second okay? If you expect to be more powerful in the game at first because of weapons your just a lazy bum.

Oh no you don't want to go through the starter levels you want instant gratification.

Think of gaia as two planes of exhistence when it comes out, forums with the visual avi and the game with rings and stats.

If you were to... post 1000 posts on WoW.com before you played the game it'd be the same if you expected to start out on lvl 30 or 60. You have to log in actual gameplay to get better like every other game and it doesn't matter what you invested into your avi.

The point of avi's is cosmetic as is any items that are equipped.

So your just a lazy loser who doesn't want to actually play to get good.

I'm not putting my opinion into this but you seemed to miss what he was arguing. I don't remember a mention that current equip weapons make you stronger, just that they exist. Also, the mentioning of early power is for rich avis, not ones with weapons currently. The stated opinion was that rich avis will be able to buy their power early on instead of others having to fight for it. The profile did say you could sell rings on the market and it's quiet obvious thats what many a people will do.
For now on...please read, and think next time. It helps many...

I got this confused with the equally idiotic "we bought em so we should be able to use em!" arguement.

Though the battle team seems to have gone off with a much more different path which turns gaia battle from a bland MMO to something unique.
yes, gaia played up the whole weapons thing in the release of their first video but i think they just releasd it to appease the masses, to let them know that they were doing something. yes it was a mistake and you should feel a bit betrayed because it was false advertising....basically.

I think though that after they worked on the BS that they had first shown they realized that they would have to animate all of the weapons that exist on Gaia today. to animate them they would have to animate all of the diferent poses that all of the weapons had, and to top it off they would have to design a few different 'swings' for your weapon because how fun would it be to have the exact same attack every time: not very. so that is potentially 18 different animations (3 for each pose) for a single weapon. now imaginge how many weapons there are- quite a lot huh?

the choice they made, though unconventional, was a good one, but that is not to say that i wasn't disappointed at first. the rings will require only a single animaton and will get the GBS up and running much faster and with much fewer problems.

also the ring system is not directed towards magic users, it is directed towards no one. there will be a mantis ring (which i think is a sword ring) and a punching ring. knowing this i am sure that they will come out with plenty more 'weapon' rings. yes there is a fireball ring as well but all the others such as invisibility, and speed are often the abilites of other characters aside from spellcatsers so it is basically a free for all kind of thing. to make another point, in virtually all conventaional fighting systems the spell catsers have always had the greatest variety of attacks, warriors on the other hand have theleast need for this variety simply because they just attack.

gaia knows it's users and typically always have the best in mind for their users so i am sure they will do their best to please. have you heard of the loot system? loot is a collections of items and maybe even gold that is dropped by monsters. you can use the items found in the loot to upgrade or change your rings. thi will affect the powers and abilities of the ring and maybe even change the appearence of the ring's power (i.e. your weapon will look different)

i really hope that this is of help to you and i appreciate that you took the time to read it. if you want to talk more about this then i will keep a close eye on this thread or you can pm me, either way i'll try to help.
oh and kudos for making yourself heard. so many people hide in the huge threads where they know they can't be judged or whatever. it makes me glad that you would go out of your way to bring your opinions into the public eye smile

oh, i also apologize for any rudeness that has been shown by any other gaians regarding this topic.
Scipio243
funaggie
Forget it.

We are having rings.

Go play Runescape.

Right on! She's totally right. Want weapons and armor and such? go play World of Warcraft, Runscape, Adventure Quest, or whatever else! Just stop dissing what WE want.

yeah i support rings as well but you shouldn't act like that. just because you get what you want does not give you the right to tell others to stop voicng their opinions. what if you didn't get your way? what if at the last second gaia switched it up on you and went to weapons? you probably wouldn't be very happy. and think of all the thing you said to the people who don't support rings. you would have absolutely no right to have any qualms will gaia's last minute decision.

just because it is what 'WE want' doesn't mean that other people can't like it so

SHUT

UP

AND

DEAL

WITH

IT

if we get what we want then this is that sacrifice that we have to make, we have to hear what the people who don't support the ring system have to say. so make it easier for yourself and try to help them see it in a better light and not see the gaians who support rinds as bastards ok? ok.
Lumenaria
Scipio243
funaggie
Forget it.

We are having rings.

Go play Runescape.

yeah i support rings as well but you shouldn't act like that. just because you get what you want does not give you the right to tell others to stop voicng their opinions. what if you didn't get your way? what if at the last second gaia switched it up on you and went to weapons? you probably wouldn't be very happy. and think of all the thing you said to the people who don't support rings. you would have absolutely no right to have any qualms will gaia's last minute decision.

just because it is what 'WE want' doesn't mean that other people can't like it so

SHUT

UP

AND

DEAL

WITH

IT

if we get what we want then this is that sacrifice that we have to make, we have to hear what the people who don't support the ring system have to say. so make it easier for yourself and try to help them see it in a better light and not see the gaians who support rings as bastards ok? ok.
Spectral Assassin
I agree, rings seem like a dumb thing to do. We wouldn't have to ask for armor, they already gave it to us (Damascus and whatnot, everything could give a little armor bonus anyways) The battle system would be much better with weapons, I'd like to be able to use my Katana, since I bought it believing it would be implemented into the battle system later. GG Gaia Mods.

It'd be good if you knew how the avatar system works. The system does not hold information on all the individual items a player is wearing, once you click save it's saved as an image, theres no layering.

7,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
To those who oppse the ring idea don't you think that you guys are Judging it and not giving it a chance?

Other than that gaia is not going to make changes just for you. They are more than half way done building this game and they are not going to go back and change more than a dozen things. So no matter how much you have a fit to the BS the ring idea in there and will not go away!
no one cares... stare
My reply to the majority of the people who posted after I went offline:
READ THE FREAKIN FIRST POST!

If you don't have anything new or constructive to post, go away.

@Evil Reelando: You fail to see that I'm not asking for a total rehash of the battle system. I'm venting my anger/outrage in a civilised manner.

@Lumenaria: Actually, they shouldn't need to make a new pose for every single weapon pose. Maybe two, or at most three animations for each weapon. Also, your argument for the rings is something I think I've already addressed. You probably didn't see the thread I posted it in anyway. If you've played Diablo, or any other MMORPG, you'd know that even warriors have certain 'auras' and spells that they can cast. Not only that, but the ring system can be implemented fully and still be original along with weapons.

@Gentrigger: If you've read any of the first page, you'd know that I've already taken care of those issues.

@The King Raven: Weapons may also be balanced out. [Read first page.]

@Scipio: I didn't say rings are dumb.

@Mylian: Can you address the other points before I answer you fully?

@Rafuzan: ...Um... Spellchecker would b good.

@[Hyrule]: I'm not complaining about the ring system. Rather, I'm complaining about the lack of weapons.

@uncia_panthera: Your post is as pointless as drowning a fish in water.

@iMilk: ..Um... Yup?

[Sorry, posting in school. May be a bit rushed.]
Meh... I don't feel betrayed at all by the introduction of rings instead of weapon-fights. Personally, I think the current idea looks like fun, and has me more interested than the older concepts did. But hey, it's just me.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff