Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wealthy Shopper

9,150 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Profitable 100
So I'm not the best tank ever because well...I'm new o.o I'm usually doing okay I've done it 5 or 6 times but last night I went into the room and right when I got in big dog was right in front of me face to face... I tried to keep moving away while healing myself till he reset but then all the monsters ganged up on me and killed me. My crew wasn't mad but I was kind of embarrassed. I won't stop trying but idk what I should do. One of the crew members didn't R4 rock either and couldn't self rage so I let it go and said R4 it when you rage on the monsters inside. Maybe that was it? She also didn't have all the buffs and so happen to have iron so I switched with her and I took keen.

My ring set for aggro is-
Bandy, iron, defab, diagnose, wish, meat, fitness, and hack.

If you have any advice/tips that may help please tell me!

Rogue

Why hack as your attack ring? D:
next time bring hunter bow instead. You can lure monsters from your current spot after you reset BD.

And defib...?

Anyway, what do you do when you encounter NF/BD? Don't panic! Just follow these steps!

1. remember where it was
  2. attack it at first instance
  3. keep healing your self while running from one corner to another to reset it. Remember, corner is your best friend!
  4. keep healing yourself as the rest of monsters should be attacking you by now
  5. tell your DPSers to come in
  6. let your DPSers know that they can kill vamps and wolfs
  7. ask them to clear all the monsters leaving NF/BD as last while you swap rings around for and heal yourself

If you lose aggro when your crew members attack BD, don't panic! do the following thing!

1. ask them to g on bd
  2. go g on bd as well
  3. click the person in your crew panel with lowest health
  4. spam r1 - 2 diag and r3 - 4 wish on that person
  5. occasionally heal yourself with bandy

My normal ringset would be:
band || diag || meat || wish || fitness || buff || HB || Taunt

Wealthy Shopper

9,150 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Profitable 100
Leasfy
next time bring hunter bow instead. You can lure monsters from your current spot after you reset BD.

And defib...?

Anyway, what do you do when you encounter NF/BD? Don't panic! Just follow these steps!

1. remember where it was
  3. keep healing your self while running from one corner to another to reset it. Remember, corner is your best friend!
  7. ask them to clear all the monsters leaving NF/BD as last while you swap rings around for and heal yourself

If you lose aggro when your crew members attack BD, don't panic! do the following thing!

1. ask them to g on bd
  2. go g on bd as well

Yeah I usually bring defab in case newer players die o___o I'd rather bring turtle shell instead of defab but people usually want me to bring it anyway. Hunters bow huh? I shall give it a shot.

Rogue

BloodRain900
Leasfy

And defib...?

1. remember where it was

1. ask them to g on bd
  2. go g on bd as well

Yeah I usually bring defab in case newer players die o___o I'd rather bring turtle shell instead of defab but people usually want me to bring it anyway. Hunters bow huh? I shall give it a shot.
It's a great ring to tank because you can lure from so far away without having the need to move from your spot.
Oh, what a good tanker. I tend to tell my crew to revive if they die >_>

Wealthy Shopper

9,150 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Profitable 100
Leasfy
BloodRain900
Leasfy

And defib...?

1. remember where it was

1. ask them to g on bd
  2. go g on bd as well

It's a great ring to tank because you can lure from so far away without having the need to move from your spot.
Oh, what a good tanker. I tend to tell my crew to revive if they die >_>

Yeah I'm WAY to nice at times. o.o' even if I'm not tanking I do what I can to make sure my team members won't die....unless they are useless xD

Omnipresent Warlord

Hot foot is the more practical attack to ring, because there is no lag between using it and the target enemy taking damage, has a decent distance, and has an AoE dodge debuff like adren when raged. It also does more damage than HB.

Don't tank with defib. All the enemies are going to be attacking you so if you defib anyone while enemies are alive then chances are they will just die again immediately.

Wealthy Shopper

9,150 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Profitable 100
Omnileech
Hot foot is the more practical attack to ring, because there is no lag between using it and the target enemy taking damage, has a decent distance, and has an AoE dodge debuff like adren when raged. It also does more damage than HB.

Don't tank with defib. All the enemies are going to be attacking you so if you defib anyone while enemies are alive then chances are they will just die again immediately.

Ok I'll be sure to ditch defib o.o I don't revive anyone while the monsters are alive I wait till all the monsters are dead first. I will still get rid of it though

Eloquent Glitch

Hey, nothing wrong with defib! I bring it on my mules to tank since they don't have Integ. dramallama
Sure, you don't use it as much, but it's a lot better to r4 Defib someone than wait for their rings to unlock after using just one revive.

But I agree with Omni - Hotfoot is the most useful.
Close-range attacks are kind of useless (unless you're using Bump to get things away from you). Long range is the best for aggros (and don't worry about Solar - grue is rarer than a two-room YM)
And Leas just loves Bow ninja

For Big Dogs - you will have the easiest time resetting them if there is a ledge in the room. If so, just get on the level that the BD isn't on and stay there, pointing and laughing while you spam your aggro-y heals.
Otherwise, Leasfy's instructions cover anything else.

I have a few other tanking tips on my guide (which I'm too lazy to re-type) if you're interested~

Wealthy Shopper

9,150 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Profitable 100
Lady Saxophone
Hey, nothing wrong with defib! I bring it on my mules to tank since they don't have Integ. dramallama
Sure, you don't use it as much, but it's a lot better to r4 Defib someone than wait for their rings to unlock after using just one revive.

But I agree with Omni - Hotfoot is the most useful.
Close-range attacks are kind of useless (unless you're using Bump to get things away from you). Long range is the best for aggros (and don't worry about Solar - grue is rarer than a two-room YM)

For Big Dogs - you will have the easiest time resetting them if there is a ledge in the room. If so, just get on the level that the BD isn't on and stay there, pointing and laughing while you spam your aggro-y heals.
Otherwise, Leasfy's instructions cover anything else.

I have a few other tanking tips on my guide (which I'm too lazy to re-type) if you're interested~

Thanks! I'll be sure to read it as soon as I'm done typing this! 4laugh
and there wasn't a ledge for me to go on at that time crying I would have done that though. I'm not afraid of Neffy because I had to solo him once. Big dog on the other hand....I fear him right now o.o

Intellectual Lunatic

Don't be scared!

When you lure BD, don't go too near it, just go enough to get its attention and run far away.

Try raging bandage on yourself as you go in the room if you can't handle healing while you position.

Bloodthirsty Demon

24,650 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Spirit Hoarder 500
I'd follow Omni's advice, honestly. And Defib's only really useful at the end of a room.

You should make sure that your crew is always rebuffing every 10-13 minutes, too. Most likely, ye died because Rock fell and you aggroed too many mobs.

Rogue

Lady Saxophone
-not important so I deleted it -
Its all thanks to del for the eye opener of the beauty of Bow

Tanking sounds like work already
so if I could, I don't wanna move around too much
so much effort Dx

ps. op, pls don't be lazy like me

Vicious Prophet

Switch out Defib for a second passive. Sugar Rush provides extra willpower which should help against Root. If your crew members are dying, Wish them. Switch out Hack for a long range ring like Shuriken.

R4 Bandy before entering if you're worried about dying. If the Big Dog is by the entrance, run to the other side to make him reset as soon as possible. Spam heal with R4 Bandy and R1 Diagnose. If you really need to, use powerups, but use superchargers sparingly as they do make you lose aggro.

Wealthy Shopper

9,150 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Profitable 100
Pan Twardowski
Switch out Defib for a second passive. Sugar Rush provides extra willpower which should help against Root. If your crew members are dying, Wish them. Switch out Hack for a long range ring like Shuriken.

R4 Bandy before entering if you're worried about dying. If the Big Dog is by the entrance, run to the other side to make him reset as soon as possible. Spam heal with R4 Bandy and R1 Diagnose. If you really need to, use powerups, but use superchargers sparingly as they do make you lose aggro.

I wan't sugar rush REALLY bad but I don't have the money for that yet. emotion_8c
I'm saving up though.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces