Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Businessman

8,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
I'm back because I finished my towns quest. My meat is a 10.2 O_o

How do you guys remember to use Adren, Knife, or when someone thinks Tape is useful? I don't really want any ''Omg you don't need those'' responses, as I am not the one doing the assignments. I just need some tips on remembering to use them when someone gives me them. I put them in slot 4 and consider putting them in slot 1.

Angelic Elder

19,875 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
Well, nowadays you dont use tape and cat anymore, but back in the days when dms started its first steps, we used to tape wolves and cat the vamps biggrin good old times those were!

Wheezing Phantom

17,900 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
Adren/knife is usually in my fourth slot right after my three attacks. I guess its a habit if the debuff isnt there i put it there. o3o

Tipsy Businessman

8,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
ToshiTo-chan
Well, nowadays you dont use tape and cat anymore, but back in the days when dms started its first steps, we used to tape wolves and cat the vamps biggrin good old times those were!

I wasn't around for the cat days. When I first started they were still using tape but yeah I see that's died off. I thought adren and knife would had because I've been gone a month and DMS is always changing but nope, I just got assigned knife!

Shy Noob

If you have Adrenaline always use it on a monster before you attack.
Since Adrenaline lowers dodge you have to really be on top of using it so the crew can kill things quicker. Rage it as high as you can whenever you can, it's quite a bit of work.
sweatdrop

Knife sharpen lowers the enemy's accuracy, so when you use it they'll miss a little more.
Generally with knife you wanna spread r1 over as many things as you can... probably mostly Blood Bats in green rooms, since in YM if you have a tank you want stuff hitting them.

You want to r4 knife (or the highest rage you have) if a Big Dog / Night Fright starts to attack you. Also on other big hitters like Counts and Kamila.

The reason a lot of people drop knife is because it's usually just as good to sacrifice the couple extra misses to kill things faster.

Tape is very helpful if your entire crew is low leveled, like under 11.0

It can be difficult though, because it requires a little bit of coordination.
You want to tape the Werewolves and Vampiresses and kill the Vampires first. Then you decide which to kill next. If you have a couple people with tape and a couple people with wish it is very possible to not have a tank. (1 person should bring along bandage to aggro the Night Frights)

Shameless Streaker

29,865 Points
  • Happy Holidays 2k13! 100
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
What strapping said. ^^

I got used to adren and knife by thinking of them as attacks. (Note; they are debuffs, NOT attacks) but in my head, I treated them as my #1 attack that i used first on an enemy. It was just a mental thing I did to get used to using them- even though they are not attacks, as already stated- they are used on the enemy, hence my mind made that leap. xd )

Knife is not essential but its still nice to know how to use. Adren, it is very useful. I've been in crews that have assigned no knife but 2 adrens.

Most crews I'm in don't use knife (I even know people who scoff at it xd , just saying') but I've been in the odd occassional random crew who wants knife.

Loyal Wife

15,625 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
I will ask new tanks to take tape until they get used to everything. I took tape and when I eventually got used to it, I dropped it.
Knife in YM isn't exactly needed, but for lower levels it can make a difference.
Didn't I teach you how to DMS, kady? emotion_donotwant

cxnceited's Senpai

Omnipresent Spirit

17,900 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Knife can be used at your discretion in YM or GM.

But keep it primarily on NFs and BDs.

Keep it up on Counts in Crypt.

And any good Tanker for Kam should tell you when to apply knife.

Friendly Shapeshifter

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
Eh, I disagree just a little with Random.

I'm not a big fan of debuffs when I'm tanking, or when I did tank.

It does help significantly, but it also increases the chance of gaining aggro from the tanker, so if NF does act up at the time you do adren/knife, take it down a notch on how often you use debuffs (adren/knife) on NF.

Don't use them as attacks. Unless the crew, and the tanker are okay with spamming them, go for it. But when I do attack, and I am assigned those rings, I don't spam it. I rather use it once in awhile when the targeted monster is no longer under the affect of the rings. You will see that under the information of the monster when you "Q" on it.

Edit: Also, I rather not use them as weapons because it's just stamina being used unnecessarily.
c: I mean, you can use them as attacks, but they hardly cause the damage you see in your attack rings. emotion_yatta

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff