Welcome to Gaia! ::

Skilled Hunter

19,700 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
  • Partygoer 500
It might be a foolish chance to see zOMG and this topic would basically be moved or deleted some quite while by the mods/admin or most of you would say this is basically nonsense sh*t or "things that your already know" and it's pointless to say these or I could get banned for this or whatsoever, but here are things that got my interest while digging deep into Gaia's tainted ground.

User Image

1. zOMG is still a feature.
And what they did to HoC or Monster Galaxy or Frontier Skies has already happened; shutting down the game and then later afterwards erasing it entirely, but this time, they'll wipe out anything zOMG related...slowly but surely.

User Image
2. zOMG is still in Maintenance not "REMOVED".
So Gaia, when did you actually say that you put down and removed zOMG? November 6,2014, right? The moment you said that...you shut it down permanently. I actually thought it was real but then I looked for the brighter side and here's what i came up to.

User Image
User Image

3. zOMG's servers are actually Accesible.
Yeah, that's right. I tried finding the game codes to run the game entirely(assets, code, etc.) through my browser cache and I was amazed I can still access these files that are supposed to be "deleted"(Not actually violating Gaia's ToS, these files are already in my browser's cache). As i said in No. 2, we couldn't run the game actually but I do know that the site is just disconnected to the server. If the server is really shut down, it would look like this:
User Image
Meaning to say, it doesn't exist.

Please, it is not my intention to spread rumors or mockery through this topic, it is just a reaction to what had happened(more like a reply to a forum thread like this).

So what do you think about it? Is it the truth or just a big hysteria for me? gonk

Thanks z!F for being such a great community! smile

Barton Citizen

20,340 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Tipsy 100
There are .00000001% chances that zOMG! return because some stuffs still lurking on the site but maybe one day when Gaia has finally have funds now, they will bring this game back or a new game (hoping not another junk games again)

Skilled Hunter

19,700 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Partygoer 500
Baron Byron
There are .00000001% chances that zOMG! return because some stuffs still lurking on the site but maybe one day when Gaia has finally have funds now, they will bring this game back or a new game (hoping not another junk games again)

Right. The question is..."How much would it take to bring zOMG back again shiny and new with new features, etc.?"

P.S- glad to have u back. How's life? smile

Barton Citizen

20,340 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Tipsy 100
Marcelio Sanchez II
Baron Byron

Right. The question is..."How much would it take to bring zOMG back again shiny and new with new features, etc.?"

P.S- glad to have u back. How's life? smile

That's depend on how the "He-who-must-not-be-named" CEO and Gaia staffs will get their s**t together to revived this game ..

And I was summoned back to Gaia by a friend sweatdrop who told me that zOMG is gone forever....

RandiHoney's Partner

Rainbow Lunatic

18,275 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Brandisher 100
You can look upon it one of two ways, either they are too damn lazy to clean up the site codes or they are simply waiting.
Regardless of what they have announced or said it is always a remote possibility that some long term plan for zomg in some fashion is still on the table.
I am not saying this to raise hopes false or other wise, it is simply how a company works. Always retain your assets and keep all options open.
They are also slowly converting the zomg assets over to use in the towns 2 environment with... well dubious results imo. SCALE? Hello?
I'm a bush league html and javascripter and i could have re-purposed those assets better. SHeesh guys!
Sorry, i'm just a long term Gaian and it upsets me to see some of the things that are going on here.
I guess what i'm saying is who knows?
I would love to see Zomg somehow make a stunning come back. At this point however the chance of it just don't seem to be in the cards.

btw?
nothing that you have done violates the tos.
you are not tempting to reverse engineer compromise the servers.
In fact nothing that you have done is any more intrusive that what each and every browser that... well Browses dose. That being the requesting and interpenetration of information for the purpose of display and assimilation.
I grab assets from the net all the time just to poke my nose in to them and to learn all i can.
Codding is cool!

Skilled Hunter

19,700 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Partygoer 500
Belinda Aster
You can look upon it one of two ways, either they are too damn lazy to clean up the site codes or they are simply waiting.
Regardless of what they have announced or said it is always a remote possibility that some long term plan for zomg in some fashion is still on the table.
I am not saying this to raise hopes false or other wise, it is simply how a company works. Always retain your assets and keep all options open.
They are also slowly converting the zomg assets over to use in the towns 2 environment with... well dubious results imo. SCALE? Hello?
I'm a bush league html and javascripter and i could have re-purposed those assets better. SHeesh guys!
Sorry, i'm just a long term Gaian and it upsets me to see some of the things that are going on here.
I guess what i'm saying is who knows?
I would love to see Zomg somehow make a stunning come back. At this point however the chance of it just don't seem to be in the cards.

btw?
nothing that you have done violates the tos.
you are not tempting to reverse engineer compromise the servers.
In fact nothing that you have done is any more intrusive that what each and every browser that... well Browses dose. That being the requesting and interpenetration of information for the purpose of display and assimilation.
I grab assets from the net all the time just to poke my nose in to them and to learn all i can.
Codding is cool!

I can't just...take the reality of it. It just hurts...IT HURTS. emotion_facepalm

And also, Finding the zOMG assets is harder than it used to be. I'm like salvaging every bit of code or assets for purpose of preservation. Maybe like doing it for zOMG? Idk.

RandiHoney's Partner

Rainbow Lunatic

18,275 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Brandisher 100
Marcelio Sanchez II
I can't just...take the reality of it. It just hurts...IT HURTS. emotion_facepalm

And also, Finding the zOMG assets is harder than it used to be. I'm like salvaging every bit of code or assets for purpose of preservation. Maybe like doing it for zOMG? Idk.

Of course it hurts. If for no other esoteric reason than something was given then taken away after time and time again of promises that the powers that be could and would make reparations.
I realize some look upon these things blandly and are unaffected, 'of course zomg was just a game!'
No one needs to make that sort of asinine statement.
Zomg was just a game in the same fashion that any ambiguous object was something.
It was also something more in the way that everything gains that distinction, by way of the people that dreamed it, by those that toiled over its creation and by those that played it.
It is a joyous thing that at some point, something which was only lines of code and connections across networks became something more.
Zomg became a place, with all the nuances both great and small which that word embodies.
Ultimately it is those of us that cared who must morn its passing as one always must with the loss of something precious.
If it helps, at the very least remember the old adage though while sad still rings true...
'Misery loves company'. You do not grieve alone. emotion_hug

Beloved Muse

8,725 Points
  • Smooth Operator 100
  • Small Blind 100
  • Deal Me In 50
Hm, not sure if lazy or just secretive. It would explain why the zOMG! logo in the bottom right corner of the screen still said "zOMG! beta" even in its final years of activity.
Once again, unless an admin or gaia employee confirms it, its nothing more than speculation.

RandiHoney's Partner

Rainbow Lunatic

18,275 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Brandisher 100
onetaills
Hm, not sure if lazy or just secretive. It would explain why the zOMG! logo in the bottom right corner of the screen still said "zOMG! beta" even in its final years of activity.
Once again, unless an admin or gaia employee confirms it, its nothing more than speculation.

Confirms what? that they took zomg down for good? they did.
Some zOMG! Clarifications

As far as the what where and why of Zomgs demise? that's not speculation.
I don't have all the specifics on tap but there are other Gaian's that do.
From where they laid off most of the zomg devs and reassigned everyone else leaving only a few that even understood the code.
I'm frankly amazed that they allowed the game to continue in the condition it was for as long as they did.
Not that THAT makes what happened any easier to take.
Personally, it just seems to me that Gaia is going backwards. As someone that actually used to give a damn about the place, I think it's only a matter of time before a final collapse, mores the pity.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff