Welcome to Gaia! ::

....It is a little like begging to be a part of the project....

NONSENSE! Its taking a very hands off approach while still stating your desires. 0.32051282051282 32.1% [ 25 ]
Yeah, it is, feel ashamed. 0.33333333333333 33.3% [ 26 ]
lol wut? 0.34615384615385 34.6% [ 27 ]
Total Votes:[ 78 ]
1 2 3 4 5 >

We all want to PM Q and explain in depth why we're good candidates for beta testing, but those of us with a brain refrain knowing his inbox is constantly filled with begging, asinine questions and comments, and newblet whining about how we don't get to use "weapons".

No one with any amount of intelligence wants to add to that with "PLZ LET ME BETA TEST! I B GUD CHOIS!"

However we are ALL dying to plead our case.

So lets do so here. Where Q and the gang are free to ignore us entirely and focus on other more important tasks and threads, but we can feel some satisfaction in knowing theres a small chance we might get noticed.

I'll go first since, for some bizarre reason, I was the first one to make a thread like this. (Seriously, wtf is up with that?)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Name: Red

I would make a good beta tester for several reasons; limited social life, extensive gaming experience/knowledge, a genuine desire to see this game do it's best, and as can be seen from my account history an utter and complete lack of desire to hide my e-presence.

I'm one of the most honest people you will ever meet. I feel lies and deception are the tools of failures that lack the personal strength to deal with the consequences of the truth. So bug abuse and keeping my finds a secret for exploitation wont be an issue.

On the same hand this should not be seen as an indication I pose a threat when it comes to leaking information. While I naturally will refuse to lie to guard secrets, I am a vicious, outspoken a*****e with an acid tongue and severe impatience for dealing with faggotry. Similar to what would be generated by imparting inappropriate knowledge.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Note, this in no way is an official drop off box for testing resumes, and as far as I can tell the beta testing phase is a long ways away. However. No harm can come from making a simple thread to quell our desires state our case for early beta testing positions.

Long-time Pumpkin

Yeah, I'd love to be picked for Beta, but really, who wouldn't want the first glimpses of real play, and the extra experiance of learning to play before the masses?!~ 4laugh

I would write a big CV on mai gaming experiance, and why I should be picked. But I am a tad lazy like that!~

------------------------------

Name: Lolicon!~

Why would I make a good beta tester for the Gaia MMO?!~

Simple!~

I've had experiance with many MMO's, quickly getting to grips with the controll systems as to get on with playing the game propperly.
As a player I tend to play nuker builds, learning as much information as I can pertaining towards strong OHK combos.
I get very into games which I enjoy, and after having waited for the Gaia MMO since 2003 I'm looking forwards to exploring it.
There would be no need to leak information, due to the fact that it gives me no advantage in the game if I give people tips on how to play from the very start.

So why would I make a good tester?!~

Because I would!~
------------------------------

See, small no?!~ 4laugh
I hope they do not make all those paying people do the beta like the did with market and others. Not that it matters, that game will probably be out soon after beta... Ne ways

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Name:Wx24
Blah: blah
blahblah: blah

I would make a good beta tester because the beta is often the most fun part of a mmo! I mean, I could help...make...stuff...good... >_>

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

But uhh, didn't they say they had people testing it already? D: Ofcourse... It is Alpha biggrin
WWWWWWWWWWWWVWWWWWWWWWWWW
But uhh, didn't they say they had people testing it already? D: Ofcourse... It is Alpha biggrin

How would they even be "alpha" testing if its barely off the artist's desk and with out a solid "core" ?

Hell even if they could, what would be the point since its not even half way through game engine development let alone anywhere near final debugging and adjustment phase?

Gallant Werewolf

10,150 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Battle: Knight 100
name: Lycan_knight

if I had a good reason to say why I would be a good beta tester I would say it, but to be honest Ive never tested anything...

still I guess it doesnt hurt to try...
Name: MG

I think I'd make a good Beta Tester because I'm incredibly attentive to minor details, so much so that I often edit my posts six or seven times just to fix minor grammatical trivialities, and I intensely scrutinize every aspect of the video games I play just to make sure I didn't miss anything. I'm available 24-7, and am online upwards of five to seven hours a day. I also enjoy being on Gaia and would love to do something special to help out.

Also, I'm awesomeness incarnate and I secrete pure, epic win through my keyboard. It's also good Feng Shui to have MG beta testing your game.

(See, I've already edited this post 4 times)

Captain Kat's Husband

Handle: Silver
Previous Beta Experience: City of Heroes, Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst, Tabula Rasa, Hellgate London.

Currently in my A+ Cert training, I think I would be a good and solid beta tester because I have played a wide variety of MMOs, both rpg and otherwise (otherwise being... well.. planetside, since that was one of the few games that really was cool in it wasn't a RPG per se). I've been on Gaia since midsummer 2004, and have enjoyed the friends and experiences I've had here. Also a fair reviewer, I do my best to detail all my accounts in any game.

System I will Probably be testing on:
Windows: Windows XP5.1 (Build 2600) Service Pack 2
Memory (RAM): 2048 MB
CPU Info: AMD Athlon 4400+
CPU Speed: 3003.3 MHz
Sound card: SB Audigy 2 ZS Audio [8C00]
Display Adapters: NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT | NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT | NetMeeting driver
Screen Resolution: 1280 X 1024 - 32 bit
Network: Network Present
Network Adapters: NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller - Packet Scheduler Miniport
CD / DVD Drives: F: SONY DVD RW DW-D22A | G: SONY CD-RW CRX230ED | H: YR5092B CND145Y
COM Ports: COM1
LPT Ports:
Mouse: 5 Button Wheel Mouse Present
Hard Disks: C: 232.9GB | D: 465.8GB | E: 465.8GB
Hard Disks - Free: C: 42.4GB | D: 330.3GB | E: 369.5GB
USB Controllers: 2 host controllers.
Firewire (1394): 2 host controllers.
PCMCIA (Laptops): Not Installed
Manufacturer: Phoenix Technologies, LTD
Product Make: NVIDIA nForce 590 SLI
AC Power Status: OnLine
Time Zone: Central Standard Time
Battery: No Battery
Motherboard: NVIDIA NVIDIA nForce 590 SLI
Connection: Road Runner High Speed, Speedtest from Dallas to San Jose: 7mbs download 768kbs ping 78ms

And I Might be getting either an 8800GT overclock or one of the New ATI cards, I'm tring to decide if it's worth it.
*Looks through Silver's post. * ...... ********. sweatdrop

Captain Kat's Husband

Well.. Now I feel bad.. damn. sweatdrop
Sir Silverwing
Handle: Silver
Previous Beta Experience: City of Heroes, Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst, Tabula Rasa, Hellgate London.

Currently in my A+ Cert training, I think I would be a good and solid beta tester because I have played a wide variety of MMOs, both rpg and otherwise (otherwise being... well.. planetside, since that was one of the few games that really was cool in it wasn't a RPG per se). I've been on Gaia since midsummer 2004, and have enjoyed the friends and experiences I've had here. Also a fair reviewer, I do my best to detail all my accounts in any game.

System I will Probably be testing on:
Windows: Windows XP5.1 (Build 2600) Service Pack 2
Memory (RAM): 2048 MB
CPU Info: AMD Athlon 4400+
CPU Speed: 3003.3 MHz
Sound card: SB Audigy 2 ZS Audio [8C00]
Display Adapters: NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT | NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT | NetMeeting driver
Screen Resolution: 1280 X 1024 - 32 bit
Network: Network Present
Network Adapters: NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller - Packet Scheduler Miniport
CD / DVD Drives: F: SONY DVD RW DW-D22A | G: SONY CD-RW CRX230ED | H: YR5092B CND145Y
COM Ports: COM1
LPT Ports:
Mouse: 5 Button Wheel Mouse Present
Hard Disks: C: 232.9GB | D: 465.8GB | E: 465.8GB
Hard Disks - Free: C: 42.4GB | D: 330.3GB | E: 369.5GB
USB Controllers: 2 host controllers.
Firewire (1394): 2 host controllers.
PCMCIA (Laptops): Not Installed
Manufacturer: Phoenix Technologies, LTD
Product Make: NVIDIA nForce 590 SLI
AC Power Status: OnLine
Time Zone: Central Standard Time
Battery: No Battery
Motherboard: NVIDIA NVIDIA nForce 590 SLI

And I Might be getting either an 8800GT overclock or one of the New ATI cards, I'm tring to decide if it's worth it.
Wanna know what my name means?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Not even gonna plead my case of how I'd be good for it, this guy's badass.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.-Corey-User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
It means I explode into flames randomly, cool huh?
As much as id love to beta test for gaia and is well over qualified for it; My gameing voodoo, personal superstitions and historical gameing exp tells me it is best if I dont watch/hear the game in action before playing the real deal.

I also limit how much I will read up on the game before it is released, luckly for me gaias vague responces and limited information drops have been well below the line of infringing my superstitions.

7,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Wall Street 200
I would dearly enjoy beta testing, i can promise the reactions of an average MMORPG player, time zone wise, i could probably test solo and mob aspects of the game, i get along well with others, and i am attentive to detail.
Name: Redforest
Previous exp: Runescape, Ragnarok, WOW, Starcrraft, several miniature online strategic games, diablo,

Captain Kat's Husband

at the very least, I think everyone should at least post their specs, just to keep on topic.
Sir Silverwing
at the very least, I think everyone should at least post their specs, just to keep on topic.

I'm not comfortable with that for a variety of reasons.
Sir Silverwing

Yeah, I'll pass. I will say that I'm using Windows XP and AOL 9.0 though.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff