hey guys, i kept experiencing the same thing, including avatar freezing

i think it happens when a window opens while you're imputing a control

i found that typing in the chat box, and entering fixes the glitch

Invisible Citizen

It's been nicknamed "rubber banding", and they've been working on it. 3nodding

It was a LOT worse during closed beta.
siperdude86
lol when i got dat glich all i did was close the game and re open it
dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine dramallama cheese_whine

I closed and reopened mine so many times I lost count. I even left it off for a while and came back. The problem seems to be gone at first, but after a few clicks it comes back. You must be lucky if you shook it off so easily.

Sparkly Genius

6,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • First step to fame 200
Are we all using Firefox?
I just opened the game in Internet Explorer and glitch disappeared...at least for now anyway.

Gaia isn't always FireFox friendly, I forget that.
sweatdrop

boisterously_silent, It's great to know they are working on this but this needs to be on the "Glitches I hate List" before I back down lol.
It's SOOOOO much worse then lag.
stressed

(but really it's great to know they are aware)

EDIT:

Reopening never fixed the issue. (I also started having it at like 4pm and then came back just now)
Typing in the chat box also did not fix the issue.

As of right now the only thing that did fix it is switching web browsers for me anyway....
Gamerguy11393
hey guys, i kept experiencing the same thing, including avatar freezing

i think it happens when a window opens while you're imputing a control

i found that typing in the chat box, and entering fixes the glitch

Talking in the chat box didn't fix it for me. I was pretty much yelling heaps in it screaming that my avatar ran away from me, and i can't find it lol. I was freaking out just a wee bit. It didn't change anything .I'm not even sure if people could hear me/read me.
And now I can't even get in. This thing ******** hates me.

4,600 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Full closet 200
This happened to me at the beginning, and I was really panicky. But, after I returned to the train station, it went back to normal and didn't bother me.
When I closed Firefox (v.3) and played from internet explorer, the glitch went away.
ZenBlend
When I closed Firefox (v.3) and played from internet explorer, the glitch went away.

I can't even get it to get past the loading Ui screen.
I am using IE with windows vista and having issues. Like you all, my avi runs away from me or just goes to a different map that I can't acess. Then I basically have to refresh the page.
I got it as well. I had it on Firefox. And everytime I restarted Firefox or the game,
it would keep doing it.

So I switched over to my IE and then back to Firefox and it seemed to work.

Maybe you need to wait it out or try another browser?

Sparkly Lunatic

12,425 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Distrustul Officer 50
heart People walk around pushing back their debts,
Wearing pay checks like necklaces and bracelets,

User ImageGah i hate this glitch or whatever >.> my avi disappears and i can see it traveling on the global map >.> to places im not allowed to go. they really need to fix this before fixing the lag because its easier to move with the lag <,<

Talking about nothing, not thinking about death,
Every little heartbeat, every little breath. heart

Inquisitive Bibliophile

This glitch sucks. It's the first one I've really had issues with. Makes it completely impossible to play. :

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff