Welcome to Gaia! ::

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
I'll start out by explaining my analogy. You, the players, are a team of horses. Your continued payments for pets etc.. are you pulling the carriage. The carriage here being zOMG! "development".

To keep you pulling the carriage, they tempt you with juicy carrots. Undermountain, Buccaneer Boardwalk, Durem Mines, Isle de Gambino, Epic Recipes etc...

My question is: How many of you are still pulling the carriage, in desperate yearning for those delicious carrots which you'll never get >.>;; ?

Also, I'm curious as to how much longer you're willing to pull the carriage, if you haven't given up already.

Gracious Hunter

11,800 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
It varies, but carrots are tasty...

I plan to buy only when I like the buddies, but I'm staying with zOMG as long as I can.

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
Kitteh Fluff

I plan to buy only when I like the buddies, but I'm staying with zOMG as long as I can.
Oh yes, these carrots are particularly tasty too.

High-functioning Flashback

17,250 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Hellraiser 500
I like carrots.

Gracious Hunter

11,800 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Valheita
Kitteh Fluff

Oh yes, these carrots are particularly tasty too.

mhmm, they are always out of reach though T^T

10,200 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Hive Mind 200
I plan on sticking with zOMG! as long as I can, but I don't buy anything to help pull the carriage :/

Winged Storyteller

62,425 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
If it weren't for those carrots you wouldn't see me around Gaia anymore.

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
Berryfarmer
You must really like your carrots o.o
I've bought a few things. (Revives, some of the buddies and a boardwalk pass)
and by bought, I mean, I did offers to get gaia cash. (I will never buy pixels if I can help it)

I play the game, I go to dev meets when I'm able. I am part of this community, and I keep pulling the carriage when real life allows it.

Conservative Wrangler

14,175 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I like the analogy. 3nodding

This horse got sick of waiting for the carrots out on the stick long ago, and sometimes forgets to care if she ever gets a taste of them...I also might wander off into grassy areas on occasion...but the carriage is still firmly attached...

Winged Storyteller

62,425 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Valheita
Berryfarmer
You must really like your carrots o.o

They just keep me coming back, but I tend to pull the carriage from the marketplace. I've made some good friends and the ones that matter I've found other ways of keeping in touch with.

Butterfly Prince

Bought two board passes. Every Buddy to date.

Am very glad to support the zOMG community.
I'll only help "pull the carriage" more for two reasons:

1) On the very unlikely chance that they may create something I like. Like a new ring, or hell they may even surprise me with a buddy I like. But the latter is almost impossible seeing as I have my favorite animated already. Fluff <3

2) It instantly leads to new content, none of this "buy it now, we give you new area we won't have time to finish for several months later".

I'll try to play zOMG as much as I can, but I only go on for events and crewing with my friends anymore.

Benevolent Codger

Now, you are just begging for this analogy to be drawn too far. whee

That said, I have every intention of bearing my yoke for some time to come. I bought myself a Boardwalk pass, and one of each pet thus far (excluding the OMG, but I bought two Kikis - it evens out), and plan to keep buying pets as long as they keep releasing them. I may not be the hardest-pulling horse, but I have every intention of being one of the longest-pulling ones. 3nodding

Finally, I leave you with a bit of advice that is frighteningly consistent in its relevance: any analogy which equates people with livestock is inherently troublesome. Just watch out for that... sweatdrop

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
Red Kutai

Now, you are just begging for this analogy to be drawn too far. whee

That said, I have every intention of bearing my yoke for some time to come. I bought myself a Boardwalk pass, and one of each pet thus far (excluding the OMG, but I bought two Kikis - it evens out), and plan to keep buying pets as long as they keep releasing them. I may not be the hardest-pulling horse, but I have every intention of being one of the longest-pulling ones. 3nodding

Finally, I leave you with a bit of advice that is frighteningly consistent in its relevance: any analogy which equates people with livestock is inherently troublesome. Just watch out for that... sweatdrop
It was intended to be a troublesome one to provoke thought. xd

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces