Welcome to Gaia! ::

3,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Consumer 100
Honestly, Tay. I think there's something inherently wrong with using the term "tank" in zOMG! where everybody always has the same defense, provided they don't run off during buff checks. The only real way for a single person to protect their crew in this game is to crowd control or stay out of the animated's range..
Now I'm curious about this single point of hate you get for going into the line of sight of an animated.If the animated sees you first, is that enough hate to get badge points?

O.G. Noob

Nice job guys. Very Nice. smile

@ Tango: As I understand it, any hate at all is enough to count towards badges.

Shirtless Sex Symbol

7,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
are you sure that all healing works the same cuz i could use bandage on some 1 and get very little agro but if i use wish on some 1 i tend to get it much faster

PlumpGerty's Significant Otter

tangocat777
Honestly, Tay. I think there's something inherently wrong with using the term "tank" in zOMG! where everybody always has the same defense, provided they don't run off during buff checks. The only real way for a single person to protect their crew in this game is to crowd control or stay out of the animated's range..
Now I'm curious about this single point of hate you get for going into the line of sight of an animated.If the animated sees you first, is that enough hate to get badge points?
That's why I put it in parenthesis with a question mark razz

@Jac: Thanks for the list!

@IX_DEATH_XI: Wish heals at a much faster rate than Bandage. One Bandage generates more hate than one Wish, but if you're using both these rings multiple times, Wish will usually generate more hate (especially if you use it RR2+).

Oh, and about Papa Saw, I actually think that would be a poor place to practice this stuff, because the Saws there die so quickly. Not really enough time to have a decent exchange of aggro.
Hmm...today I tried testing HWB again..well here's the result.

HWB does around 90~100 damage.

1) I used CL 9 rr1 hot foot, 4 ticks 14 damage. and CL1 hunter bow 9 times to get aggro, that's 65 damage. (HWB did 90 damage)

2) I used the same method again. Counting both misses and hit. 4 ticks of 14 damage, 11 cast of CL 1 bow, and 6 misses. Damage 67. (this one i think HWB dealt 100+ damage)

3) Taking too long, just using CL 7 (or 6?) Hot foot, 4 ticks of 1 damage each, i cast 21 times. (HWB dealt 100 damage) Didn't count the misses this time, but no higher than 10.

Result: I keep coming up short damage, but then I still get aggro; I didn't heal, only buff myself for keen and div. So...my reasoning would be...maybe all attacks also have a default hate value?

x--Jac
Hmm...today I tried testing HWB again..well here's the result.

HWB does around 90~100 damage.

1) I used CL 9 rr1 hot foot, 4 ticks 14 damage. and CL1 hunter bow 9 times to get aggro, that's 65 damage. (HWB did 90 damage)

2) I used the same method again. Counting both misses and hit. 4 ticks of 14 damage, 11 cast of CL 1 bow, and 6 misses. Damage 67. (this one i think HWB dealt 100+ damage)

3) Taking too long, just using CL 7 (or 6?) Hot foot, 4 ticks of 1 damage each, i cast 21 times. (HWB dealt 100 damage) Didn't count the misses this time, but no higher than 10.

Result: I keep coming up short damage, but then I still get aggro; I didn't heal, only buff myself for keen and div. So...my reasoning would be...maybe all attacks also have a default hate value?
A CL 1.0 Hunter's Bow equipped to a player who still cons purple/blue/green/yellow will do more than 1 damage per hit.

But really, I wouldn't bother testing it. We're already positive that 1 damage = 1 hate, and your testing methods aren't very accurate (I used suppression, not rings with different CLs. I also used Adren and Knife Sharpen to deal one damage at a time, because they never miss.)
OMFG Taylor
A CL 1.0 Hunter's Bow equipped to a player who still cons purple/blue/green/yellow will do more than 1 damage per hit.

But really, I wouldn't bother testing it. We're already positive that 1 damage = 1 hate, and your testing methods aren't very accurate (I used suppression, not rings with different CLs. I also used Adren and Knife Sharpen to deal one damage at a time, because they never miss.)

Yea, i used suppression too, all my rings were CL 10, I was talking about the CL of my player when I cast the ring.

x--Jac
OMFG Taylor

Yea, i used suppression too, all my rings were CL 10, I was talking about the CL of my player when I cast the ring.
Ahh, okay. Not sure what to say then. I need to confirm this, but I believe a miss generates one hate.

O.G. Friend

7,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
x--Jac
Okay, let's consider a sweeper (4 AoEs; Heavy Water Ballon(Assuming it generates 0 additional hate), Fire Rain, Slash(assuming the mob is very closed together to all get hit by it), and Dervish(assuming knock back in this case, won't decrease efficiency in dealing damage))
Fire Rain: 240 at rr4
Ballon: 80 at rr1
Slash: 100 at rr1
Dervish: 80 at rr1

So you would be firing off Fire Rain at rr4, while spamming the other three, in rr1. That's 500 hate generated PER animated, if you fired them all at once. (Assuming you magically have enough rage for rr4 just by casting attack 3 times)

Now, let's look at healing rings. Let's say it's a 6 people crew (close together as well). Here's how easy a healer can get the same aggro.

Diagnose: One rr3 cast. (assuming everyone can be healed for 200 hp) Or two rr1 cast.

Bandage: Two rr4 cast, as long as the target has that much hp to be healed.

Wish: Probably the best aggro drawer hands down. One rr2 cast.

And I am not sure if you notice it or not.... It is ONE healing ring comparing to FOUR attack rings. This is not taking account of the fact that, the healer would have more than one heal, and the healer can also attack the animated.

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. I end up having to spam like crazy with my attack rings just to get the animated the heck off of my healers. It's a royal pain in the arse..

O.G. Friend

7,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
And good point about PS Tay, bummer because it's an otherwise safe environment for people to test things... =P

Girl-Crazy Raider

OMFG Taylor
Oh, and about Papa Saw, I actually think that would be a poor place to practice this stuff, because the Saws there die so quickly. Not really enough time to have a decent exchange of aggro.

That's what I was figuring my problem was. The saws die quick after or even while quicksanded, and unfortunately that means my healing was doing only that, with no saws sticking around to draw aggro from.

Would that make attacking the best way to draw aggro in PS, then? Since you have to get it quick or nothing, and healing people on a hate list wouldn't work so well when there's not much of a hate list.

Unbeatable Genius

Wow, so basically there's no way to have an independent tank class in zOMG.

In that case I'd suggest a double-healer crew. One healer acting as a tank also, with rings like quicksand to keep all aggro on them (and meat of course), the other healer focussing as much as possible on healing the first healer.

O.G. Friend

7,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
I'm down with that, but I'm stuck with mostly offensive because I still haven't had the chance to level up my healing and buff rings.
OMFG Taylor

Ahh, okay. Not sure what to say then. I need to confirm this, but I believe a miss generates one hate.

Don't worry about it, after counting the misses, I am able to produce similar damage. I guess I missed a lot while doing those tests earlier. sweatdrop

Beginner Warrior

How do you know the point value of each ring? I mean, is it inside info from the devs, or was, for example, the figure of 320 for quicksand arrived at from careful observation?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff