Welcome to Gaia! ::

I hope to hell that the battle system doesn't allow KSing.

As we all know, Gaia is freakin huge with a lot of people. Meaning, when the battle system comes out, what will happen when you are innocently beating the crap out of a monster, when some jack@$$ comes along and steals your kill.

How would you like it if it took you forever to whitle down one monsters health, and it turns out someone can deal the final blow and get all the credit?

Does anyone know if the system is going to allow multiple people attacking a single target? Because I hope that it doesn't.
Have you thought of the idea that maybe multiple people can attack the same target and all share the exp for killing said target (similar to pokemon or final fantasy). Then all you have to worry about is assholes coming in and just mooching of your fighting.
Even if we can share the experience, I sure as hell don't want to share the items.

If those items are dropped and free to grab, I'm going to be pissed if someone else beats me to my reward, even if they can only be picked up by whoever killed them, I'm still not up to sharing.

What if the monster drops a hell of a lot of common items...but only 1 rare? Whoever doesn't get the rare is going to murdalize the other.
I hear you on that. KS'ing has been a big problem since the first MMO came out. It would really work out that if the first person that attacks a creature is the one to get exp. and items. You might get a few KS'ers just people being jackholes and whatnot, but it would help solve the KS problem.

Though then that would also mean there would be a good amount of power levelers as well. So it's pretty much a good give and take as to what they want to include.

Though it will also be safe to say that they'll probably still be working on the thing once it's been launched.
I think the devs have thought of that while creating the Battle System. And who knows it may be that you can only attack the same monster unless your in a party.
Have any of you played Monster Hunter. They have a good system. why can't gaia just adopt that.
thaey should make it that only people in your party can share your RREXE.
All that would really be needed is a tagging system. Hit a monster first and you have all rights to the kill and the loot, even if some one else goes about killing it as well.
May be the monsters will be like the bugs in Towns. Only you can catch them, no one else. Though not being able to see other monsters that other people are fighting makes you feel a bit lonely =/

3,550 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
WooOOo kill stealing!!!
Why not just use percentages? If you dealt the most damage you get the most exp and the rare item is given to you. The common items are distributed among whoever else fought, and they would also get their smaller share of exp.
I hate KSers, and they should be ashamed of themselves. I'm trusting Gaia right now to deal with it.

Sparkly Wizard

10,725 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Novice Mage 100
Railx22
I hear you on that. KS'ing has been a big problem since the first MMO came out. It would really work out that if the first person that attacks a creature is the one to get exp. and items. You might get a few KS'ers just people being jackholes and whatnot, but it would help solve the KS problem.

Though then that would also mean there would be a good amount of power levelers as well. So it's pretty much a good give and take as to what they want to include.

Though it will also be safe to say that they'll probably still be working on the thing once it's been launched.

But then one person could just attack all the monsters in a area and then wait for someone to kill them for the person. :C And the person who did all the work wouldn't get anything.
Rushlight`'s muleh~User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
yeah, that would suck but they probraly just add places where you can ksing and places where you cant
Somehow, I expect the ring's to level after so many uses of the ring, and not after a certain number of kills... I dunno, that just seemed like it would make the most sense. I mean, certain rings would be leveling in different ways and at different speeds, and the rings you used more would get stronger because you were using them. I mean, if you have a ring just sitting on your finger doing nothing, it shouldn't get stronger unless you lift that particular finger. ((An exception applies to inherrent stat increasing rings, of course))

If the rings level up in this way, then the only thing one need worry about would be loot stealing, not Kill stealing...

Ahh well, let's just wait and see what comes next.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff