Welcome to Gaia! ::

10,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
So I live in North Carolina and we are getting our first hurricane, (Earl) of the season and I was thinking....Wouldn't it be kewl if we had some kind of weather type boss? Something that is kinda like a dark cloud descending on us out of the clear blue sky...Maybe have some weather related fluffs to attack us, like Hail Fluffs and Lighting Fluffs. smile

And then since I have bad dreams when there is a hurricane on the way( thanks to childhood trauma), I thought that we could have a Nightmare boss. Something dark and creepy but a bit out of focus since dreams are a bit like that. I thought that there could be lots of little "bad dreams" that combine to make the Nightmare boss so that when you kill the Nightmare you still have small mobs to fight off. Kinda like Gillroy. smile

Jubella's Fangirl

Unholy Slayer

I like these ideas!! Especially the nightmare boss, though the weather boss would probably be an easier concept to work with.

(& be safe in that hurricane!)

10,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
cajunvoodoo

I like these ideas!! Especially the nightmare boss, though the weather boss would probably be an easier concept to work with.

Thank you. smile

I thought with both of these they could really pop up any area, you know a true Free Range Boss.

14,325 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
i think there can be more bosses just than the weather boss... i think there can also be food boss and pet bosses

TEEHEE!~

10,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Autumn Lavender
i think there can be more bosses just than the weather boss... i think there can also be food boss and pet bosses

TEEHEE!~

Oh? What were you thinking with the food boss? Because I have posted about a instance in a bakery where the oven is the boss and we have a "food" fight with him.

And a Pet boss? How would he work?

Jubella's Fangirl

Unholy Slayer

Sensual Soul
cajunvoodoo

Thank you. smile

I thought with both of these they could really pop up any area, you know a true Free Range Boss.

Everyone loves to go after Buzzkill and Landy whenever they randomly decide to pop up so I think a true Free Range Boss would be equally as enjoyable to fight as those guys if not more so!

Jubella's Fangirl

Unholy Slayer

Sensual Soul
Autumn Lavender

TEEHEE!~

I have posted about a instance in a bakery where the oven is the boss and we have a "food" fight with him.

HAHA! That's an awesome idea too!
I like the weather animated idea. Maybe it could be a mini event that can happen anywhere instead of being stuck in one area like the mini events now? Or be a mini-event for the boardwalk or Gambino island. I'm thinking a Stormshark dropping Hail Fluffs over everyone . It could work kind of like how the Airshark works in Barton, except it would be beatable.

10,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
kota12
I like the weather animated idea. Maybe it could be a mini event that can happen anywhere instead of being stuck in one area like the mini events now? Or be a mini-event for the boardwalk or Gambino island. I'm thinking a Stormshark dropping Hail Fluffs over everyone . It could work kind of like how the Airshark works in Barton, except it would be beatable.

*Shake head* No more sharks, we have way to many as it is, lets come up with something fresh and new. wink But the rest sound like it might work.

Vicious Strategist

24,975 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Cosmic Healer 200
Sensual Soul
Wouldn't it be kewl if we had some kind of weather type boss? Something that is kinda like a dark cloud descending on us out of the clear blue sky...Maybe have some weather related fluffs to attack us, like Hail Fluffs and Lighting Fluffs. smile

I thought that we could have a Nightmare boss.

Nice ... i wish that there was that kind of a boss...
It reminds me of Kirby`s Adventures sweatdrop
I hope that Devs would come up with idea to make something of that kind, but alot cooler. Something like instanced castle in the sky biggrin

10,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Menares
Sensual Soul
Wouldn't it be kewl if we had some kind of weather type boss? Something that is kinda like a dark cloud descending on us out of the clear blue sky...Maybe have some weather related fluffs to attack us, like Hail Fluffs and Lighting Fluffs. smile

I thought that we could have a Nightmare boss.

Nice ... i wish that there was that kind of a boss...
It reminds me of Kirby`s Adventures sweatdrop
I hope that Devs would come up with idea to make something of that kind, but alot cooler. Something like instanced castle in the sky biggrin

You haven't heard about Sky City? Wait I'll go find a link!

Here!

Vicious Strategist

24,975 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Cosmic Healer 200
Sensual Soul

Here?

Thanks. It`s just my gaian age is 21 day -__-" But i`m trying to catch up smile

10,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Menares
Sensual Soul

Here?

Thanks. It`s just my gaian age is 21 day -__-" But i`m trying to catch up smile

Oh your a newbie! Welcome to the family! *huggles* Let me know if you ever need anything, zOMG! of Gaia. ^^

Vicious Strategist

24,975 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Cosmic Healer 200
Sensual Soul

Oh your a newbie! Welcome to the family! *huggles* Let me know if you ever need anything, zOMG! of Gaia. ^^

Uh... nevertheless i have some gaming experience ^_^, but thank you wink
Well let`s keep up on topic and hope that Devs would catch some inspiration to finish that area smile
A weather based boss would be quite cool, especially as a totally free-range boss (well, within reason - it would be odd to see him pop up in the sewers, for example). Nightmares would be sort of harder, as people's dreams differ vastly (my nightmares are not dark, creepy, or out of focus at all, so I wouldn't connect the two at all), and pulling out an animated dream is sort of pushing it razz .

Anyway, back to weather boss - I'm not sure what it would look like. Perhaps just a general cloudiness (maybe it only comes out in day, and plunges the map areas it is over into the darkness like the night time, just reusing that). Add in thunderous rumbling and such, maybe a simple rain animation...

The boss could be the "Eye of the Storm", except this time a literal eye that appears in the darkest, stormiest part of the cloud. Anyone using AoE in this square/squares would hit him, and he'd show up as a target in any of the squares that were considered his "territory" - the center of the storm, about (which would be the "body" of the boss, so to speak). The eye itself would launch a Willpower debuff attack against anyone who it caught attacking the body. The body would use AoE "thunder" attacks (small DoT and Fear) against enemies within the body region of the storm. There would also be lightning (straight out damage - not too much, and not especially frequent) attacks against any enemy no matter where they were on the map (and if they weren't in the Body region, they couldn't even fight back against these). Wind fluffs (basically Air Fluffs, scaled to the right level) and Hail fluffs (Sleep, perhaps? or Root? Maybe a cherry fluff style kamikaze AoE attack?) would drop randomly throughout the entire map, and would actively attack anybody. Anybody killing them would be added to the enemy list of the storm itself (thus subject to lightning and thunder attacks).

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff