Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tick tock tick.

Invisible Prophet

holy crap you just described the ring system

upgrade chip ..... hey that could be a battle ring
magic Gem thing..... what we call a battle ring
attachment for a avatar .... wow I wonder what that could be ... I know a RING

the RIng ICON IS A METAPHOR FOR A MMO ITEM SO WE CAN SEPARATE WHAT IS MMO RELATED WITH OUT COMPLETE MORONIC CONFUSION.

and how long have you been on gaia to notice that your little equip it to the cloth won't work due to the fact that people will cram as many Items on them self until there no more room to do so. and Guess what they can do now, fill your attachment to each of them

if you don't like the idea of the MMO related Items being a Ring then tough s**t you can find a better game to suite you needs
you know dispite what any of you say being you talk about how unbalanced it is/will be or not,

IT HASN'T COME OUT YET

so lets save these discussions for after it comes out for 24 hours and youve all played it then you all can talk about what could have been better, what could have changed, and all that.

(KNOWS deep inside I'm gonna get flamed for this)
Quote:
True Homo, Or whatever Orientation you are. Anything can happen in fantasy. There's one thing you are right about though despite your dickhead personality, This is support to be looked at from a DBZ view and not a Real war game. A saiyan can down a gaint R.R robot right? That wouldn't be normally possible. But why would he be unable to do use a basic punch.

As for modifieing 5000 + items it depends on how well organized the site source code is and rather they have the knowledge to make up that type of logic.

They should have every gaian item giving a name and placeholder number. If it looks something like this,

0000 "Nightmare headband"
0001 "Angelic Camisole"
0002 "Geta top"
0003 "Golden Wrist watch
0004 "Old boot"
0005 " Katata"

It would only require patients and a few days due to the long list if items, but if it's a disorganised mess of garbage where you have to search though it to find anything than it will be near impossible.

And again that may not be the best idea. maybe items doing nothing by default but having the option of finding a gem, Force chip, lapis to attach and upgrade the clothing item would be the best idea. like There being a defense version, a strength version, a accuracy version, A evasion version, Ect of each Gem and being able to upgrade any clothing item with whatever stat you want.But having only one upgrade per item.

you make programming an MMORPG sound like something anyone could do in between commercials and while talking on the phone.

Quote:
They should have every gaian item giving a name and placeholder number.

oh, right, sure. just a name and placeholder number.thats all we need for items -- no stats, no animation, just name and number. rolleyes

its nice to see you can come up with ideas to counter the ring system, but do you realize, to change all that, the devs are going to have to say "oh well, we did all this, but because this guy that we kept banning gives us the bright idea of starting from the drawing board to meet his demands, WE WILL!"

no.not really.not happening

i'm happy with the ring system.and so is 99% of Gaians that have played for more than 2months and took their time to read stickies and whatnot posted by Qixter and other players.other players with common sense, that is.

its not like we want you.if you dont want to play, then don't.stop bitching about it
LupEND
Quote:
True Homo, Or whatever Orientation you are. Anything can happen in fantasy. There's one thing you are right about though despite your dickhead personality, This is support to be looked at from a DBZ view and not a Real war game. A saiyan can down a gaint R.R robot right? That wouldn't be normally possible. But why would he be unable to do use a basic punch.

As for modifieing 5000 + items it depends on how well organized the site source code is and rather they have the knowledge to make up that type of logic.

They should have every gaian item giving a name and placeholder number. If it looks something like this,

0000 "Nightmare headband"
0001 "Angelic Camisole"
0002 "Geta top"
0003 "Golden Wrist watch
0004 "Old boot"
0005 " Katata"

It would only require patients and a few days due to the long list if items, but if it's a disorganised mess of garbage where you have to search though it to find anything than it will be near impossible.

And again that may not be the best idea. maybe items doing nothing by default but having the option of finding a gem, Force chip, lapis to attach and upgrade the clothing item would be the best idea. like There being a defense version, a strength version, a accuracy version, A evasion version, Ect of each Gem and being able to upgrade any clothing item with whatever stat you want.But having only one upgrade per item.

you make programming an MMORPG sound like something anyone could do in between commercials and while talking on the phone.

Quote:
They should have every gaian item giving a name and placeholder number.

oh, right, sure. just a name and placeholder number.thats all we need for items -- no stats, no animation, just name and number. rolleyes

its nice to see you can come up with ideas to counter the ring system, but do you realize, to change all that, the devs are going to have to say "oh well, we did all this, but because this guy that we kept banning gives us the bright idea of starting from the drawing board to meet his demands, WE WILL!"

no.not really.not happening

i'm happy with the ring system.and so is 99% of Gaians that have played for more than 2months and took their time to read stickies and whatnot posted by Qixter and other players.other players with common sense, that is.

its not like we want you.if you dont want to play, then don't.stop bitching about it

99%? More like 60.0% that are happy with the ring system, which is the majority! I didn't say I hated the ring system, I said I hated that gaian items did nothing. Like clothing items need to do things and weapons. As for the anims they already exist. Look in your customize avatar thing, You could have those poses in sequences in different orders/

Like this would be a no no, Katana

Damage = 60

Speed = fast

Attack Rate = 50

It should be like Accent Katana = long weapon

Long weapon plus 1 critical chance hit.

Long weapons = Ancient Katana, Oni Club, wooden Baseball Bat, Used Chainsaw

No weapon = Plus one rate of attack, + one for attacking speed. "this is what happens when you have no hand held"

Range Weapon plus 1 range point

Range Weapons = Demonbow, Vampire Hunter Cross, Executioner

Accuracy weapons plus 1 chance of hit point

Accuracy weapons = Darkclaws,

And you should only be able to have one upgraded armor for each body part.

As for stats they have to be defined and coded somewhere.

Like Accuracy Weapons, Adds 1 critical hit point to player stats

Then in these strings you'd put

AccuracyWeapon =Yes, The coding part would be hard but someone who knows what they're doing could do it no problem.

Then you just F3 the items then copy and past AccuracyWeapon =Yes in there.

So you can have an upgraded shoulder armor, chestplate armor, Upgraded hand item on at once. You should still be able to cram things on at once but only one upgraded armor peice per body part. So in short I'm kind of for the ring system but they should call it something else and they need more than just rings.
Ring with skills in the game are a great idea, Ring skills, Ring - Fu as the only/main fighting method idea would be terrible!

This is what gaia wants, Just rings, you'll have 10 rings, you'll basically walk up to a monster and use those skills until you run out of Sp then you're a goner. Although you do need to use strategy but there idea is flawed. They do need skill rings but alot more. Option to have armor do things. Like armor upgrades like I stated earlyer. A base, newbie move that works good early in game and against really weak monsters, so when you run out of SP. It should do only like 2 damage but have a super high successful hit rate. Keyboard buttons to jump back to suddenly dodge a final blow, jumping abilities,

Questionable Bunny

11,750 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
Is this all you do? You must have a lot of free time to try and make a simple game far too complex than needed. Evidently "Casual" is not in your vocabulary.
The Undead Suitor
Is this all you do? You must have a lot of free time to try and make a simple game far too complex than needed. Evidently "Casual" is not in your vocabulary.

I Do have to much free time yes. Do you want a shitting MMO with no strategy or something good?

Questionable Bunny

11,750 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
RadaralCutThemUp
The Undead Suitor

I Do have to much free time yes. Do you want a shitting MMO with no strategy or something good?

Now with that, its all a matter of opinion.

Distinct Warlord

Points of view.

I think that weapon system is an old cliché. I really LOVE the ring idea and the possibility of wear what you ******** want and not because of a bonus or anything.

Other people may choose have the heavyest armor in the world...And guess what! They can do that and use some original rings to seem a warrior or any class they want.

Is a WIN-WIN situation.

Dangerous Seeker

This stupid s**t has gone 26 posts too many. The fact that the game isn't out should be enough to warrent silence from the gaians, and controversy shouldn't be risen until the game has been tested by 'us'.

I hope this post is the last to be made so that the thread will die. There's nothing that's been said that hasn't been said already, and so nothing further need be said because now all we're doing is repeating ourselves.

It's all irrelevant twaddle, let's all shut the hell up and get on with whatever lives we had before this rediculous charade was born.
You want gaia to just be a mmo huh?

Really, if the mmo have faults, thats good, then the site won't be devoured by it, but instead cna stay well, gaia, instead of a full grown mmo. D;

Seriously, you want the mmo to be like shaiya, except with the stuff you don't liek removed, huh?

Gaia being a mmo would be a very saddening Gaia. D;

Gaia having a mmo is a diverse Gaia.

Do you get the difference?
im going to luv it

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items