Welcome to Gaia! ::

[Edited again for clarification!]

I've read about gaias MMO and there's many ways they could have made it better.

First of all there should be a base attack that uses no SP, has a high successful hit rate However it should do very weak damage.
Like let's say you have no SP, the enemys near death and you have slighty more health than him, You'll have a way to defend yourself. But for every one damage 1 you do the enemy does 8 or 12 depending on what move it's using. That could be a life saver if used right. It should be like a punch anim basically there as back up and for extra strategy and look/realism.

Next about Taking rings on and off, They want to have it so you have to be in a zone or town place. That's kind of dumb, What they should do is make it so you can't put rings on and off while in attack mode, but when you're not in attack mode there's a 4 second delay thing taking them off and putting them on.

Other balance ideas, Have the monsters after they kill everyone and return to there point regenerate very slowly, Don't be gay and make them unable to take any damage while returning and instantly heal like Shaiya does, But don't make them stay near death forever either. Have them regenerate lost health at the speed a gaian does.

Have different combat styles, make some monsters do nothing and let you kill them off one by one, Have others amedantly attack you when you get in your sight, Have others leave you alone but if you attack one of them they all gang up on you. Have some of them be really strong and slow, have others be really fast and weak.

Make it so there's party levels. If you're on a team and you have 7 members each of you getting 1/7 out of the exp for each monster slain have it so when you kill a certain number without losing and members You'll reach level 2. Have there a max of 4 levels, If your party becomes level 2 you all get 2/7 off what solo exp you'd get for each monster slain and so fourth. That way There's some motivation to party and at the same time partys don't level up too fast. And after the party is disbanded it will return to level one again. Like 80 monsters have to be killed to get to level 2 and negative 10 points for any member that dies.

Make it so you get exp points based on how much damage you do not who kills the monster. That will stop Kill stealing in it's tracks.

As for the ring system is should stay but it should be a side feature, Not a main combat source, but skills you'll need later in game. Like skills that are hotlinked in others MMOPRG, Basically back up, More powerful attacks that use SP or MP. They all use the same Stat in this MMOPRG,

Like your base punching will do like only 2 damage and the mantis ring would do like 40 damage making rings a must have but not the only thing.

What clothing you have on your avatar should do nothing by default but there should be a upgrade gem you can attach to them. Like the lapis in Shaiya, Force Upgrade Core in Cabal Online. There should be one that boosts Evasion rate by 1.2%,one that boosts Accuracy rate by 1.2%, one that boosts Defence rate by 1.2% and one that boosts Strengh rate by 1.2%.

Like Magic Ninja Gem, Magic Wolfe Gem, Magic Steal Gem and Magic Power Gem.

There should be a limit of one Equipped Gem per avatar body part. If you put anything else on it will have no in game effect.

So if you Attack a Magic Ninja Gem to a Angelic Camisole you'll get a Angelic Camisole Evasion Type. There will be no alterence in appearance when you equip the upgraded item just that it does something now and has a different name.

As for hand accossorys and weapons not doing anything they should do something.

But not this.

This would be a no no below

Ancient Katata

Attack = 100

Range = 1, 6

Attack rate = fast

This is what it should be V

Ancient Katata = Critical weapon

Critical Weapon, Plus 2 points added to users Critical Hit stat

Critical weapons = Ancient Katata, Wooden Base Ball Bat, Blade of angis, Hammer light saber ect

Then there should be Range weapons and Accurate weapons

Range weapons would be, every cross bow, gun, or anything that has long range in general

And Accurate weapons would be every claw or small knife weapon.

And no Weapon = Unarmed

Unarmed, Plus 2 points for attacking speed.

As for attack anims they could just use already existing ones. Like the Sword weapons, you could do that pose that puts a katata horizonal and then in the stabbing pose or fist one. Look in your avatar customization, there's tons of poses there they could use in sequences for attack anims.

Anyone have any ideas on how this MMORPG could be better?

Other ideas that I or others have had that have been proven no good

Next people have been mad about gaia clothing having no effect. The idea of someone in there underpants having strength equal to someone with heavy armor. But at the same time It would limit avatar creativity and everyone would just equip as much armor As possible and look like a blob. Theres a way to get past this. Make it so for each part of an avatar holds a stat, hands hold 2 movement point, upper arms 2 movement points each every spot that has an attach option has a plus 2 movement point and an extra two points that isn't attached anywhere. So if you attach an chest armor it gives you two defence points but takes away the two movement points so if you have armor everywhere you'd have only one movement point making you move very slow. As for assigning armor points nothing should go over One for balance issues. So like what you put on you take away in a since.

So like let's say a Mythrill Armor gave you 1 defence point You'd lose 1 movement points. so a naked avatar would move faster and a fully armored one would move slower but be stronger. Or if a Angelic Camisole gave you one Evasion point it would take away one movement point. And as for some items being really expensive and it not being fair you should make it so cheaper ones do the same, Like the Angelic Camisole should do the Same as the Blu Sport Swimsuit or Basic Black One Piece and the mythrill armor could do the same as the Black GetaGRIP Top or the Black GPD Protective or the Black Sport Vest ect. The only problem is with layer you can now have like two items in one avatar spot which means more stat pointed added and more having to be taken away. They could then proceed to make it so when your movement speed reaches one it will then degrade attacking speed, Neither attacking speed nor movement can fall below one so if there's no place to take away then the newest additions to your avatar will have no effect, It can't take away to it can't give since it can't give any.

Dedicated Genius

You haven't even played it yet, don't think you know what's good for the game.

Mind-boggling Fairy

16,775 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
as much thought as you put into that you forget the fact that gaia has over 5000 items and millions of difent combinations. the amount of time to code in stats for that many items whould take years plus having to make animations for that many difent clothing stiles...

partys: a simple everyone whos in the party gets an equil % of the exp per kill

as for kill stealing no word one way or another
Items.

Have.

No.

Effect.

On.

The.

Game.

Seriously. How many times do we have to say it? Shut the ******** up about using them, please, we've had to deal with this way too much. There are no items that your avatar can wear that will affect the game in any tiny way. Quit trying, even if you do compose a gigantic post to hide it.

Your other ideas sound like you've never played an MMO before. Monsters regen that fast when everyone is dead so there isn't a thing known as 'battle of attrition.' Experience is shared equally, etc.

Taking rings on and off in a specific zone keeps players from being able to instantly switch roles by zoning somewhere, changing their rings, then zoning back towards the groups as a newly-powered DPS.
Pandora Yurijoyu OLantern
as much thought as you put into that you forget the fact that gaia has over 5000 items and millions of difent combinations. the amount of time to code in stats for that many items whould take years plus having to make animations for that many difent clothing stiles...

Yeah and then it will get divided and no one will want to party. And in ones like Shaiya people will always solo because they don't get enough exp if they party. So there needs to be a bonus to make up for it, but if you get it right off the bat it will be to easy to level up.

As for recoding items. It would take some work and alittle time. Not years though. Like 3 days - 2 weeks. depending on how many hours a day they spend on it.

And as for a base kicking and punching move, they can just make it a punching move and use that one hand out pose for that anim.

And I've played many MMOPRG Thank you [Raid]. And you're so right. A newbie in underwear can so take as many hits as a armored robot and an armored robot can so run as fast as a person with light gear You should earn a medal. rolleyes And maybe you just ad a time limit on how often you can DPS. Like make it so you can only DPS every 2 minites and there's a 6 second delay.

Eloquent Tycoon

9,050 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
The game is not out yet.

You cannot tell if a game is balanced or not when you yourself have not played it. Or if no one else has played it.
I suggest not suggesting things you have no idea about.

The lead developer on the MMO team has been in the business for over 20 years.
I think he knows what he's doing.
Chokin
The game is not out yet.

You cannot tell if a game is balanced or not when you yourself have not played it. Or if no one else has played it.

True you don't really know until it's done and you get to play it but if you don't give them the right ideas while in production, they may make it bad, It could have good graphics and anims but poor balance and gameplay. From what I read off there site I see a runescape in the works with A Ranorok Online Graphics style. And if they make it bad they may not fix it after they release it. the gaian staff is lazy, selfish, greedy and incompetent!
Dude... its not even out yet. How the hell do you know whats balanced or not yet?
Moonasha
Dude... its not even out yet. How the hell do you know whats balanced or not yet?

Gaia battle system website, Stickys, I've actually been a member since 2004 but I've been banned alot.

Eloquent Tycoon

9,050 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
RadaralCutThemUp
Chokin
The game is not out yet.

Yeah and if you don't give them the right ideas while in production, they may make it bad, It could have good graphics and anims but poor balance and gameplay. From what I read off there site I see a runescape in the works with A Ranorok Online Graphics style. And if they make it bad they may not fix it after they release it. the gaian staff is lazy, selfish, greedy and incompetent!

Yes, because building an entire working MMO from the ground up in a year is lazy and incompetent.

Items will never be considered to be used in the game in the way you suggested for a very simple reason:
Gaia does not want anyone to compromise their individual style to be able to play a casual game.

6,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
Quote:
As for recoding items. It would take some work and alittle time. Not years though. Like 3 days - 2 weeks. depending on how many hours a day they spend on it.

We don't know how long it would take. Are you an experienced game developer? Do you do coding on a regular basis? How do you even know how long it would take to code all the 5000 + items to the GBS?

Quote:
And I've played many MMOPRG Thank you [Raid]. And you're so right. A newbie in underwear can so take as many hits as a armored robot and an armored robot can so run as fast as a person with light gear You should earn a medal. rolleyes And maybe you just ad a time limit on how often you can DPS. Like make it so you can only DPS every 2 minites and there's a 6 second delay.
The game is Fantasy based. Anything can happen. People can do anything in Fantasy.

From what it sounds like, the game will be very well balanced. Anyways, isn't Qixter an experienced game developer? I'm pretty sure he has thought of how to balance the game well enough.

Kid, or whatever age you are, quit trying to pick a fight with what people are saying. You don't have to play the game. If you've played so "many" MMORPG's, then you can crawl back to them, without criticizing this game.
Chokin
RadaralCutThemUp
Chokin
The game is not out yet.

Yeah and if you don't give them the right ideas while in production, they may make it bad, It could have good graphics and anims but poor balance and gameplay. From what I read off there site I see a runescape in the works with A Ranorok Online Graphics style. And if they make it bad they may not fix it after they release it. the gaian staff is lazy, selfish, greedy and incompetent!

Yes, because building an entire working MMO from the ground up in a year is lazy and incompetent.

Items will never be considered to be used in the game in the way you suggested for a very simple reason:
Gaia does not want anyone to compromise their individual style to be able to play a casual game.

True but if you read my above post currently you'd see that wouldn't be to much of a problem. But yeah a evasion swim suit verses a defence boosting armor chestplate could to that alittle. But there's also a speed degrading statigic if abused. And my idea was only an example.

You could have a Evasion version of each item, Like one Camisole could improve Evasion and there could be anouther version that boosts defense. It basically automatically assigns a permentant value. Or you could make it so they do do nothing but there's a stat boosting item you can like to it like a lapris in Shayia or a force chip in Cabal Online.

So like each item basically does nothing but you can link/attach a item to it that gives it a stat boost. Like a Camisole would do nothing but there could be a Evasion Gem, and a blacksmith you go to and he'll attach it to the camisole and it will become an Evasion Camisole. And each item can only hold one upgrade/lapis gem thing for balance issues. They'd be uncommon, not super rare but not something you find in a day. Or like A Defence Gem. So your clothing could do something but whatever you want it to. You see theres more to a MMO than graphics, clicking and cool attack anims. But yeah you don't want to make it so there's less avatar creativity and everyone looks bad either. So maybe a Upgrade Chip, Magic gem thing, Lapis attachment for avatar equipments would be a better idea?
Pandora Yurijoyu OLantern

The thing I'm seeing is the fact that they are going to be releasing armor and whatnot with the mmo, and these pieces could have effects on them and this wouldn't leave the devs in the lurch having to assign values for all the pieces of clothing in the game, it seems pretty simple to me.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff