Welcome to Gaia! ::

Omnipresent Warlord

So we know that YM can be done by a crew of 10s. We had to do it when DMS came out. But what is the lowest CL a crew can be suppressed to and make it to GR.

Some conditions for what qualifies as "reaching" GR should entail

* 1 smallish room cleared. The kind with little room to tank without aggroing the entire room.
* 1 NF Room
* 1 BD room.
* No powerups used.
* Everyone in crew must be at the same CL.

What do you think guys? I'm thinking at the 9.0-9.5 range there would be some real problems both in terms of being able to put damage on enemies and also how iron wouldn't be able to avoid status effects. Also missing enemies.

Hot Bachelor

Who downvoted? C'mon guys. It's Omnileech, our z!god.

I wanna try. I'm a 9.5 now.

Wheezing Exhibitionist

★★★

--- I wasn't around for when DMS first opened, and now I'm curious... how did people do DMS back then? Was is the same tank/dps set up as now?

I would like a DMS history lesson please ; u ;

Bloodthirsty Demon

24,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Noble Shade 100
lukewarm pizza
★★★

--- I wasn't around for when DMS first opened, and now I'm curious... how did people do DMS back then? Was is the same tank/dps set up as now?

*Cough* *Wheeze* So, you want a history lesson, hm? Well, Billy, I've got one for ye!

Back in my day, we used Crowd Control rings like Scaredy Cat and Duct Tape to subdue the mobs, killing them one at a time, until we could work our way through the rooms. Originally, I never even saw someone ever try to Tank, until I met Aseres. One of the best darn Tanks of the day, in my opinion.

But anyway, we also used Knife Sharpen, to reduce the accuracy of enemies. Even then, we also would use Meat, and the Tank set was slightly different back then, with less passives, I believe, and more heals. A "Heal Tank", if you will.

*Cough* *Chortle*

Wheezing Exhibitionist

Mage The Red
lukewarm pizza
★★★

*Cough* *Wheeze* So, you want a history lesson, hm? Well, Billy, I've got one for ye!

Back in my day, we used Crowd Control rings like Scaredy Cat and Duct Tape to subdue the mobs, killing them one at a time, until we could work our way through the rooms. Originally, I never even saw someone ever try to Tank, until I met Aseres. One of the best darn Tanks of the day, in my opinion.

But anyway, we also used Knife Sharpen, to reduce the accuracy of enemies. Even then, we also would use Meat, and the Tank set was slightly different back then, with less passives, I believe, and more heals. A "Heal Tank", if you will.

*Cough* *Chortle*

★★★

--- Thank you grandpa Mage ; u ;

How did you guys tackle neffie/bd? o:

Bloodthirsty Demon

24,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Noble Shade 100
lukewarm pizza
Mage The Red
lukewarm pizza
★★★

*Cough* *Chortle*

★★★

--- Thank you grandpa Mage ; u ;

How did you guys tackle neffie/bd? o:

Biggy D was a joke, and still is a joke. I remember, in my very first crew, we literally just HF'd him to death from a ledge. Even then, if you got his aggro, all one had to do was *Kite him around the room. As for the NF's, it wasn't so simple. Nobody knew how to take them on at first, simply because they'd hit so hard, make ye bleed like crazy, and then he would place a Fear status on ye. Three things in one!

So the original Tanks of the day (Aseres, WaltDisneyHearts, and I forget who else) would use a method called the Aggro Trick. Really, it wasn't a trick, but just a practice. They'd either usually take 1-2 mobs left over in the room, allow themselves to be hit, and just Rage bandy and heal. Then, having the DPSers attack, but their stamina could only drop so low. Let's say, for now, that they could only attack to 50 stam, THEN they had to stop. Nobody was allowed to R4 any attacks. I can't remember if we could r4 Adren or not.... Been way too long. sweatdrop

*Running around the room, just so we're clear.

Wheezing Exhibitionist

Mage The Red

Biggy D was a joke, and still is a joke. I remember, in my very first crew, we literally just HF'd him to death from a ledge. Even then, if you got his aggro, all one had to do was *Kite him around the room. As for the NF's, it wasn't so simple. Nobody knew how to take them on at first, simply because they'd hit so hard, make ye bleed like crazy, and then he would place a Fear status on ye. Three things in one!

So the original Tanks of the day (Aseres, WaltDisneyHearts, and I forget who else) would use a method called the Aggro Trick. Really, it wasn't a trick, but just a practice. They'd either usually take 1-2 mobs left over in the room, allow themselves to be hit, and just Rage bandy and heal. Then, having the DPSers attack, but their stamina could only drop so low. Let's say, for now, that they could only attack to 50 stam, THEN they had to stop. Nobody was allowed to R4 any attacks. I can't remember if we could r4 Adren or not.... Been way too long. sweatdrop

★★★

--- Oh wow. I see! At what level did these early tankers start to tank? Or did they just have to be a certain level above the rest of the crew? o:

Bloodthirsty Demon

24,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Noble Shade 100
lukewarm pizza
Mage The Red

★★★

--- Oh wow. I see! At what level did these early tankers start to tank? Or did they just have to be a certain level above the rest of the crew? o:

The earliest I ever remember someone tanking at was 10.4-.6 I think? It's really been such a long time, that I hardly remember. I got to CL 12 in less than 2 weeks, personally, so yeah. Typically, everyone I crewed with was always around the same level, or super *loooowwwwbbbiiiieeee.

*Still CL 10 compared to a few of us who were blazing through the leveling process

Wheezing Exhibitionist

Mage The Red

The earliest I ever remember someone tanking at was 10.4-.6 I think? It's really been such a long time, that I hardly remember. I got to CL 12 in less than 2 weeks, personally, so yeah. Typically, everyone I crewed with was always around the same level, or super *loooowwwwbbbiiiieeee.

*Still CL 10 compared to a few of us who were blazing through the leveling process

★★★

--- Well thank you for all the information :'D

... and more on point, if anyone want to try super low level DMS I'd be more than happy to co-operate/follow instructions.

Omnipresent Warlord

Wow, people really hate the idea of suppressing below 10 for the challenge of it.

iiNikki's Husband

Pure-hearted Bloodsucker

I'd probably try it for lols, but I think it'd be fun. It's like reliving when DMS started.

Saxy Coder

Omnileech
Wow, people really hate the idea of suppressing below 10 for the challenge of it.
rofl I'm just reminded of a few weeks back when eliza was trying to get people to attack Epic Landy at 7.0 CL
People kept dying and complaining, then people just stopped listening and wouldn't suppress. Ruined the event and made her close it early.

I'm up for the idea -- bought a Bloodstone Amulet back in the day but never got to join an early crew because I was scared.
I'd love for the chance to re-live the old days ... like back when Gaia lied to us and showed screenshots of catted werewolves.
Mage The Red
Then, having the DPSers attack, but their stamina could only drop so low. Let's say, for now, that they could only attack to 50 stam, THEN they had to stop.

AHHAAHAAHAHAAHA. I REMEMBER THAT 50 STAM s**t.
this killed me. omffffffffff.
cat_rofl cat_rofl cat_rofl cat_rofl

Omnileech

what CL exactly were you thinking to qualify?
also, any ring choice restrictions?
ohhh, and i am amusing this will need to be streamed/recorded.

Omnipresent Warlord

lnnerlich Leer
Mage The Red
Then, having the DPSers attack, but their stamina could only drop so low. Let's say, for now, that they could only attack to 50 stam, THEN they had to stop.

AHHAAHAAHAHAAHA. I REMEMBER THAT 50 STAM s**t.
this killed me. omffffffffff.
cat_rofl cat_rofl cat_rofl cat_rofl

Omnileech

what CL exactly were you thinking to qualify?
also, any ring choice restrictions?
ohhh, and i am amusing this will need to be streamed/recorded.

It's up to the people attempting to challenge it. You could do cl 10 as a baseline and then have people try to to beat it. Only ring choice restriction I could ever think of would be not having SH because of how rare it is.

Party Gaian

20,425 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
Mage The Red

i still use knife sharpen to this day, it makes things a lot easier/quicker. people still scoff at me for bringing meat (it's so oldschool to me, i never really do take it off....) but at least i never had to bring CC. Some stuff didn't change too much, I think people just tweaked it a bit along the way, since most of them had an inkling of what to expect.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff