Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dertey's Bae

LOL i actually play zomg on my ipad ......
All you need is a flash enabled browser (I use Puffin)

So idk if there really is a market to make an app to play it....
rolleyes

Undead Extinguisher

13,100 Points
  • Master Slayer 200
  • Bitter Sandstorm 200
  • Conventioneer 300
Omnileech
You're not going to get a major influx of people to a multiplayer game without new content.

Take this game for example.

Would anyone seriously expect a revival?

Secondly, the game is a drain on batteries. Hell, on a laptop it drains my batteries. Not as bad as Heralds of Chaos but it's close.

Third, it's not realistic to get people to play one game uninterrupted on a phone for 15 minutes straight let alone the 30+ minutes for End Boss or anything relating to DMS.

Not expecting a revival just more players from markets playing worse games.
The app would not be for phones but tablets, laptop batteries suck always have my laptop is plugged in to use or it dies in 5 mins. comparing the two is idiotic. tablet batteries last for hours omni, zomg is not a drain on its life.

Tablets are built for Gamers now, and i play it for longer than 15 mins more like hours at a time. confused

User Image
User Image

The spec on this tablet for being my cheapest costing only £70 that's $117. can play the whole way throughout dms and bloodlusts no problem. And not melting down like my laptop by that time sounds like a helecopter about to take off.

Undead Extinguisher

13,100 Points
  • Master Slayer 200
  • Bitter Sandstorm 200
  • Conventioneer 300
Kewty

rolleyes

You play zomg on your ipad so you know zomg exists, for people who don't an app letting them play. with better controls than puffin would get them to play too dont you think?

Myrielle
How's the battery drain if you play on a tablet? Good enough for a tuna? A SEB?

around 6-8 hours even longer if i plug in this
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Undead Extinguisher

13,100 Points
  • Master Slayer 200
  • Bitter Sandstorm 200
  • Conventioneer 300
Salaura
Speaking from firsthand, zOMG on Puffin's a pain in the a**. You can't rage easilly, using that controller-esk addition's good for movement, but leaves only 4 slots for hotkeys. for me, that's 3 attacks and ` for targeting.

and forget trying to chat. I have a Logitech bluetooth keyboard for the iPad, and for some reason, in all the flash spaces but towns 1, the keyboard won't type in flash chat spaces.

This goes again for not having enough hotkeys for zOMG.

I'm not saying that I woulden't LOVE to see a mobile version of zOMG, I'm just saying that for me on the iPad with puffin, it's a no-go.

You got all the annoying things right on the head, they piss me off too apart from i can type with external keyboard.
This is exactly why it need its own app, so it would work. That and to obviously tap into all the users of both the ios and droids market.

Ps have you tried using a ps3 or xbox 360 controller instead on the on screen controller? you have a lot more buttons to map to keys this way its what i do.

If i was to build a ui to bring zomg into a flash iframe inside my app , what would you like to see change from puffin. The same controller but more buttons to map? would a floating keyboard be useful or not?

Undead Extinguisher

13,100 Points
  • Master Slayer 200
  • Bitter Sandstorm 200
  • Conventioneer 300
Mazelle
I can barely see the game as it is. Tiny zOMG! does not appeal.

Is this big enough for you? hdmi cables are wonderful things. 3nodding
User Image

Rainbow Filled Nights
what kind of android tablet is that? I have a tab3 or something like that, i wonder if it'd work.

A cheap versus touchtab running the old jellybean, pretty sure yours will work too. seeing as i can run it from a htc desire mobile /cell phone. lol.

Undead Extinguisher

13,100 Points
  • Master Slayer 200
  • Bitter Sandstorm 200
  • Conventioneer 300
Kewty

rolleyes

That's exactly all they need to do is make a flash enabled app with a touch screen UI.
It's more simple than building a whole browser like puffin, it's just a basic user interface and an iframe to zomg. I could build the app in no time at all myself but only for android i don't code nothing for apple. confused

The ui floats on top of zomg to give it touch screen and extras like a joypad or keyboard. Then it can be launched into the stores as a mmo game. zOMG is a great game and it would be that simple to tap into that market and bring in new players that don't know it even exists.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff