Welcome to Gaia! ::

1 100.0% [ 22 ]
Total Votes:[ 22 ]
1 2 >

Q is smart enough to include a shut off button for the music and sound affects separately right?

I mean hes an experienced game maker after all! He must know that sound affects can help with game play, but not everyone is going to want to hear the music... Right? ..... RIGHT!?

I mean the function is included in cards so of course it'll be here... What a stupid question...

....Seriously though... Stupid question right? ninja

Oh and speaking of source code and stupid questions:

Are they seriously writing the entire thing in action script?

I don't have any experience writing flash myself so I'm unaware if you could, perhaps, write and compile programs on/as/through more appropriate software and just let the flash program it's self be little more then a GUI.

Its just that writing a huge program like this in nothing but action script seems alot like making and writing an entire OS in VisualBasic to me.

But then I am a newb to such matters.
A button to shut off music but not sound effects would be ideal.
The Right Honorable MG

I find it indispensable for some games. For example; Command & Conquer.

I hate alot of the music in any of the C&C games, but its near impossible to play with out the sound effects and voice.

So naturally I love the feature that lets you decide the volume of all three individually.
I guess their would be a button to turn the music and the sound effects on and off.

I'm don't understand code but like most 2D games, they use flash so I guess they are using actionscript as the source code. sweatdrop
Eirika Xiloscient
I guess their would be a button to turn the music and the sound effects on and off.

I'm don't understand code but like most 2D games, they use flash so I guess they are using actionscript as the source code. sweatdrop

Most 2D games are NOT written in action script. In fact most commercial games in general tend to be written entirely from scratch.
Redimus Prime 9
The Right Honorable MG

I find it indispensable for some games. For example; Command & Conquer.

I hate alot of the music in any of the C&C games, but its near impossible to play with out the sound effects and voice.

So naturally I love the feature that lets you decide the volume of all three individually.

Exactly my point. 'Sides, it's just not the same slaughtering monsters without all the painful yelps and grunts.
Redimus Prime 9
Eirika Xiloscient

Most 2D games are NOT written in action script. In fact most commercial games in general tend to be written entirely from scratch.

As i said, I'm no good as it comes to code but i see that your right that most commercial games create their own code.

Long-time Pumpkin

Lucky I have NUUU idea whut cuu all talkin' about 4laugh

If there is no shut off button, simple answer:

Mute speaker + MP3 player = Win 3nodding

Prove meh wrong cool
Lolicon Jr
Lucky I have NUUU idea whut cuu all talkin' about 4laugh

If there is no shut off button, simple answer:

Mute speaker + MP3 player = Win 3nodding

Prove meh wrong cool

Don't own an MP3 player. Also, just because you don't want to hear the music doesn;t mean you don't want the sound affects.
Yeah, I usually prefer my own music to any MMO's I'm playing. x___x

And I dunno about the actionscript thing. I know of another game written in it almost completely, I'll see if I can find it.
Dofus is an MMO written entirely in actionscript, but I haven't met anyone who likes it and it was a dull game for me.

Beloved Sex Symbol

9,000 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200
Don't the games have that right now where theres a music shut off and a master sound shut off?

I would find it hard to believe that they wouldn't have it here.
Ok, Currently I'm in School studying Computer Information Systems, and I have dealt with Java, even though I hate programming. Writing an entire program like for a game, doesn't mean its ALL in action scripts. They can code many things into it, and a button to turn off the background music/music sound, is actually a very good idea. It's rather annoying to listen to a song over and over when you are trying to get gold. On other games I usually turn off the background music and stream music from online sources such as radioblogclub.com
Yeah I'm with Gen on this one, all the games we currently have have music and SFX on different toggles I don't see why they would change that pattern with battle.

6,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Consumer 100
There will probably be a shut off button for either the music or sound effects or both. They do have it in all the other games so there should be one for the battle system.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff