Welcome to Gaia! ::

im confused in this matter. Have they mentioned anything about player vs player? If so, we guild roleplayers are gonna have one grand slam of a time.
if they do have player vs player, would it be a duel type thing? like an accepted duel? or would there be areas where people could fight each other. Or people could choose to have a pvp battle character, or a normal status character. Any ideas? or thoughts on this matter?
There will be PvP but not at launch. We don't know how it'll work.
they will have pvp but they have to see how the system goes like if they have any lag glitchs then when they fix everything then pvp will start and in pvp they will make a areana so the high level kids dont go off killing all the noobs like crazy lol
is there going to be a pvp?
i hope it will be in a place called pvp territory so i wont die anywhere
The only thing we know for sure is that it will not be available at launch, we don't know anything else, I repeat nothing else is known about it.

I wasn't trying to be rude I've just seen some people passing off rumors for facts.
some good things for pvp would be...idk, how bout using guidelines from other games, take runescape for example, that u can duel, and go to special areas where you can roam around and fight special monster, but u can also get hunted and killed by other players. There "wilderness" is where this takes place. Depending on how far you go in, the level of pvp requirement raises. meaning if your a lvl 10 and your in wilderness lvl 5, a lvl 5-15 could attack you, and at that wilderness you could attack a lvl 5-15 too.

or we could run by eudemons rules, which is a major pvp game, once you reach a certain level, you can be attacked by other players, and in certain areas there is a no pvp, like in towns, or low level areas.This is to prevent ppl from going pvp happy, and to stop noobs from dieing. however once you reach that certain lvl the training wheels comes off the bicycle...and then you ride a motorcycle without any training at all! u could be a lvl 20 and a lvl 100 could come over, kill you and just walk off. SOme do not like this, others, really do.

or you could just put in a duel system, where you can challenge other players in game to a pvp match. all that would happen is, a msg pops up, "person1 requests a duel." Yes, No?
person 1 sees "person2 accepts your duel, or person2 declines your duel" after that a counter could come down, like 3, 2, 1, FIGHT.
now both players have the ability to target each other with there attacks, and once the other player dies, the duel is done. Oh and a barrier comes up stopping the players from running until the duel is over. Like a certain area limit to move during duels. This way, only the two duelers stay in the box and fight, while every1 else is outside the box watching or killing monsters.
The idea of the Wilderness is good, but won't be able to be done. In the Gaia MMO, there won't be combat levels like there is in Runescape. The individual rings will have levels, yes, but there won't be an overall level to judge people on. My guess is that they'll do something similar to what's in the Rally game, with a lobby where people can chat and whatever and there can be challenges that people can accept or decline.
Maser Shakesula
The only thing we know for sure is that it will not be available at launch, we don't know anything else, I repeat nothing else is known about it.

I wasn't trying to be rude I've just seen some people passing off rumors for facts.
No one in this thread is passing off rumors as facts. The only fact anyone has made is that it won't be available at launch then they state their ideas of what it might be.
that would be fun
Dueling Princess
Maser Shakesula

No one in this thread is passing off rumors as facts. The only fact anyone has made is that it won't be available at launch then they state their ideas of what it might be.

First off *points to jeremyb130's post,* also I was not only reffering to the people in this thread.

Second off, I posted this in another thread way back, but it has since died, anyway here is my input on this topic:

I have a couple of ideas, I have thought quite a bit about this as I plan to one day become a game programer:

1. You could go to an area and there would be two NPCs. The first NPC would teleport you to a free-fighting area for those who want to run rampant and kill senselessly. The second NPC however would handle more organized battles like PvP PartyvParty and of course CvC.

2. They could have two seperate servers one where PvP would be alowed everywhere, except maybe towns. Then you would have a normal sever where there would either be no PvP or on the normal server you could have it to where people could challenge each other to 1 on 1 duels.
Maser Shakesula
Dueling Princess
Maser Shakesula

First off *points to jeremyb130's post,* also I was not only reffering to the people in this thread.

Second off, I posted this in another thread way back, but it has since died, anyway here is my input on this topic:

I have a couple of ideas, I have thought quite a bit about this as I plan to one day become a game programer:

1. You could go to an area and there would be two NPCs. The first NPC would teleport you to a free-fighting area for those who want to run rampant and kill senselessly. The second NPC however would handle more organized battles like PvP PartyvParty and of course CvC.

2. They could have two seperate servers one where PvP would be alowed everywhere, except maybe towns. Then you would have a normal sever where there would either be no PvP or on the normal server you could have it to where people could challenge each other to 1 on 1 duels.
Let's look at his post shall we?

jeremyb130
they will have pvp but they have to see how the system goes like if they have any lag glitchs then when they fix everything then pvp will start and in pvp they will make a areana so the high level kids dont go off killing all the noobs like crazy lol

Appears to be an idea to me. Granted, the grammar is rather bad, the "like if" part starts it off as an idea nonetheless.

Anyway, your ideas are ok, but I doubt the second one would happen. Servers cost money, a lot of money, and if they got separate servers for PvP they would need some way of off setting the cost, which would probably mean it would cost money to play and they already said it would be free to play. Your first one is basically what I said, a lobby where the option of PvP is available.
it would be very cool ahahha
Dueling Princess
Let's look at his post shall we?

jeremyb130

Appears to be an idea to me. Granted, the grammar is rather bad, the "like if" part starts it off as an idea nonetheless.

Anyway, your ideas are ok, but I doubt the second one would happen. Servers cost money, a lot of money, and if they got separate servers for PvP they would need some way of off setting the cost, which would probably mean it would cost money to play and they already said it would be free to play. Your first one is basically what I said, a lobby where the option of PvP is available.

Actualy no it does not start off an idea it is reffering to the possibility of "lag glitches." He was stating the PvP system as fact.

Familiar Gekko

5,150 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items