Welcome to Gaia! ::

Luthstar's Wife

Tipsy Fatcat

so right now im probably not taking advantage of the better rings i have. whee

my set up right now is : guns, fire rain, & solar rays for attacks and buffs i have : diagnose, divinity, iron will, improbability and bandage.

rings i have in my inventory are: defib, teflon, water balloon, hunters bow, knife sharpen, mantis, dervish, halo, wish, density, taunt, ghost, coyote, rock armor, and meat.

if anyone has any opinions or input on how i should set up my rings for the fullest attack/healings thatd be awesome. id super appreciate it.

im mostly a solo player too. heart heart heart heart
Here is a common formula for solo players. You need to balance your rings and pay some mind to how much stamina you use up.

2-3 attack rings (melee, range and sometimes an AoE)
    Bandage(solo)/ + Wish(crew)
    Buffs (Divinity, Meat, Ghost, Healing Halo, Iron Will, etc)
    Armor (Improbability Sphere, Pot lid, Rock Armor, Teflon Spray)
    Crowd Control (Duct Tape, Scardy Cat Quicksand,) - In place of an attack ring.(optional)

You probably want Mantis instead of Guns or Solar Rays. Bandage > Diagnose when soloing.
Meat is great for extra HP. Rock Armor is quite a steady and solid defense.

Feline Bloodsucker

Personally, when I solo I carry this set:

divinity / coyote / hack / slash / mantis / bump / bandage / fitness

The attacking rings are from hack to bump.

Bandage is for healing.

Fitness is there to increase my stats (such as stamina and health regen).

And the two buffs I have (divinity and coyote) help with increased stamina regen (div) and overall speed so I can kill more without walking and moving across screens too slowly + there's a luck bonus (coy) xD

You can carry meat if you want, to get a major hp boost.

You may find yourself wanting to bring halo instead of coy if you want faster hp regen.

And you don't seem to have hack, slash, or bump in your inventory :,( so you can substitute that with guns, solar, and I guess fire rain if you'll be killing mobs and not just individual monsters.

But please if you can: find hack, slash, bump, and shuriken rings ASAP as these rings are the top attacking rings used to kill individual monsters and will be used far more often later on in the game as you increase in level.

Edit: If using my set, pay close attention to your health since I don't particularly have any armoured buffs when I solo (farm).

Vicious Prophet

For the record, Bandage and Diagnose aren't buffs. They're heals. Buffs increase your stats.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I think this set might help you with your current rings. Here's an explanation:

Iron Will increases your Willpower and gives you some defense at r4. It's very important, especially for a solo player. High Willpower will keep you from getting affected by crowd control often. This is especially important in Otami Ruins.

Divinity increases your stamina regeneration, which is very important because that's what keeps you able to use rings. It also increases your luck at higher rage ranks, making loot easier to get.

Rock Armor is one of the best armor buffs. It will greatly mitigate the damage you take.

Meat will increase your hit points, making it vital for soloing bosses.

Bandage is the best healing ring for solo players. It heals over time, but heals more per stamina than Diagnose.

Mantis is one of the best attacks in the game. It has the highest rate of damage per second and uses little stamina. In addition at higher rage ranks it gives a Willpower rebuff, which means crowd control will be less effective against you.

Guns Guns Guns is probably the second best attack ring you have. It's not an amazing ring but it has high damage per second and at higher rage ranks an area of effect.

Solar Rays has nice range, which is useful for solo play, and it has a higher rate of damage per second than your other attacks.

Despite what others have said, I would recommend not using Fire Rain. It drains stamina a lot even if it is fun to use. Good luck! Once you get the chance, invest in Hack and Slash- They're fantastic rings, especially when used with Mantis.

Retro Punk

im soloing right now and i have .

Solar , mantis

Fleet , Coy , Sugar rush , Fitness, Integ , and Keen.
Then again im going for speed.

Avant-Garde Fairy

29,400 Points
  • 20000 High Score 500
  • 10000 High Score 300
  • 5000 High Score 200
I'm a bit of a brawler-melee-buffer type usually in solo farming.
So~ this is how I set up my rings

Heal, Ranged, Close, Close, Close AoE, Buff, Buff, Buff

You can use any buffs, but always keep Divinity on hand.
You may drop one buff/attack ring for a Crowd Control and/or Passive.
You can also vary your attack sets but it's better to have a mix of attacks like that above.
I tend to put the healing ring on either of the first two slots, so when I got revived, I can heal myself, ans I can also rage while healing. If you have Defib, then put it at the first slot as well.
As many suggests, if you solo, use Bandage, and if you crew, Wish. But if you want to do both without dropping another ring, then Diagnose.

Just suggesting though...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces