Welcome to Gaia! ::

Duck

I only started DMS after the public opening, but I really can't stand the complaints about the way of playing DMS. I hear people complaining that they don't want to listen to the crew telling him/her what rings they should bring, and they would tend to brag that as soon as they get to CL 12, they'll go solo with their favorite ring sets and "show 'em all". And everytime when I try to tell them that it wouldn't be a great idea, they would just say, "uhh you? a cl 10.1? you wouldn't know". I know I should ignore them, but I've met with so many of them, and some were even in our crew. :/ I'm just wondering if anyone met the same problem before.

Loyal Wife

15,625 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
Students always end up like their teachers.

Bloodthirsty Demon

24,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Noble Shade 100
I've seen this a few times, and that just teaches me who NOT to crew with. If you don't want to listen to the leader, especially if they know what the hell they're talking about, you're welcome to find a new crew.

Regular

You're definitely not the only one and and I agree with this

Mage Ragepunk
that just teaches me who NOT to crew with.

I actually had this experience a couple days ago. I was in a speed ym crew and this person (was cl 12 I think) would go off soloing and would get pissed when we started in on his kill. But it would be the last monster in the room so OF COURSE WE'RE GONNA KILL IT. Waiting on him to kill it by himself while we just sit there doesn't make it SPEED ym stare
And then he says he's gonna leave crew to change his avi and asks to reinvite him. Needless to say, everyone said NO

Girl-Crazy Sex Symbol

11,150 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Flatterer 200
/is afraid to DMS at this point because it's been free for so long, there probably ARE that many dumbasses like this at cl 12

Benevolent Gaian

9,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Brandisher 100
Tuffy Pillows

I only started DMS after the public opening, but I really can't stand the complaints about the way of playing DMS. I hear people complaining that they don't want to listen to the crew telling him/her what rings they should bring, and they would tend to brag that as soon as they get to CL 12, they'll go solo with their favorite ring sets and "show 'em all". And everytime when I try to tell them that it wouldn't be a great idea, they would just say, "uhh you? a cl 10.1? you wouldn't know". I know I should ignore them, but I've met with so many of them, and some were even in our crew. :/ I'm just wondering if anyone met the same problem before.

No one likes complainers... I've had that happen before. Either they leave because they get so upset or they get kicked. Might as well kick them to prevent them from robbing everyone else of a good time.

Stay away from those kinds of people... If they want go off on their own, so be it. Soon enough they'll find out how successful that is. rolleyes

Bitchboots's Prince

Girl-Crazy Man-Lover

I think a big part of it is that the rest of the game is so unchallenging. People don't want to work together, people don't want to change their ringsets, and even a year and a half after DMS opened, people are still floored that they can't bring AoEs and solo whatever they want.

Tipsy Businessman

8,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
I chase those types off and never get in trouble for it. twisted just ask Lad

Shameless Streaker

29,865 Points
  • Happy Holidays 2k13! 100
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
Bad crews happen, as do the more frequent bad players/ one or two people in a crew. When that happens, I'll either kick if I'm crew leader, troll them, or laugh my a** off at them.

That said, random crew experiences can be ....well, random. For GR, crypt,BL I usually just crew with friends only- but those friends I met in dms were mostly from random crews, or friends of friends. xd

Horrible and awesome crew experiences happen, so just keep playing with an open mind and try to make friends for future crews together. ^^

Adored Pirate

16,050 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
This is quite normal. It's not even surprising to me.

People tend to complain about DMS because ...

1) No gold earns ( well not enough as smob) and only Loots
2) Leaders will b***h about rings, when you carry a smob set to DMS. And person will refuse to change it.
3) In Speed: People Solo ( and yes i do this a lot because its fun. )
4) You daze a lot...
5) too much time. ( Oh and tuna crews. I cant get attuned stuff e_e)
and
6) power up waste, and part gold sink because of it.

those tend to be most common topics/complains around DMS.
Oh but that doesnt stop some of us. because we think it's fun.

It just tells you, that you're not with the right people.

Which is why i dont crew much with Random people as much, and or i become picky on who i crew with.

I just go onto Meebo crew 5 others that are reliable and willing. then ask for an Aggro/tanker/kiter and other other roles if needed. Less complains. but they were once randoms too.... I just find them awesome and great people to hang with.
So.... id say choose who you crew with carefully.

Invisible Friend

23,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Robotic Chibi-tan
/is afraid to DMS at this point because it's been free for so long, there probably ARE that many dumbasses like this at cl 12

There are just all of the smob and smeb dicks migrating over and making dms stupid <.<

Girl-Crazy Sex Symbol

11,150 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Flatterer 200
CBB1112
Robotic Chibi-tan

There are just all of the smob and smeb dicks migrating over and making dms stupid <.<

Thus I don't DMS. Well, that and homework. Holy hell Japanese V takes a lot of work. should be worth more than five credits!!

Sex Symbol

I've encountered those types of people...I've even encountered people who get the wrong buffs and go to the null to' change' their buffs and they stay up there for 10 minutes. Other people tend (CL 10.2-10.8 ) try to solo a group of vampires and end up getting dazed ALSO sometimes they don't have revives so the crew members have to wait for the other player to go to the null and comeback. I understand if you don't have revives but...don't solo unless you know what you're doing. Now, when I look at your situation, it sounds as if you tend to crew with a lot of stubborn people. You should avoid those stubborn individuals and DMS/YM with people you know, or people who actually know what they're doing. I mean...I can't stand the level 10's now, even though I used to be a CL 10.0 I listened to the advice of the leaders and my crew members which is what a lot of CL 10's don't do.

Angelic Sex Symbol

30,200 Points
  • Married 100
  • Winged 100
  • Generous 100
There's lots of people who do that. I have, but I don't tend to do it if the crew is moving slow.
Sometimes I will go off and start an enemy, when the one that's being attacked has less than 2000 health left.. simply because I always amp (unless told not to) and I know how quickly I can kill. smile

I don't mind when people do it, so long as they don't put the rest of the crew in danger of a wipe.. and I only let people go off and solo if they are amped.

Devoted Regular

I also have noticed DMS sucking more. People are too arrogant or stubborn. There are a lot of people who do it and have no common sense. It's common knowledge that noone takes Defib into DMS. It's also common knowledge that noone carries it anymore unless you're a noob (general term for anyone new to the game in general) and you're learning how to play.
A lot of 10's who try to get a DMS crew now either have not all of their rings or they haven't leveled them. I will not crew with a 10 who does not have all of their DMS rings at at least 10 including buffs. I dislike crewing someone and they tell me they don't have the buffs I assigned them. If you are going to DMS, you should know the rings you need and have them ready. The guides are in the forums for a reason and are a very good tool to get a general know how of how to do it.
A rule of thumb: If you see a 10.0 who has a TC below 12K, they don't have all their rings at 10. Some 10's even just level the 8 rings they use and expect you to take them with those. Even if they have AOE's on. If someone has a TC lower than that, that means they aren't a full 10 and/or they just grinded to get that high without learning how to play.
I had an 11.7 in a GR crew once who thought the soulbound lock on rings meant that they were dazed locked. He also did not know how to buff at all. He said he had never done it before. How do you get to 11.7 without learning how to buff or know the difference between locks? I have also had the displeasure of almost crewing an 11.5 who had a TC of 2K. Which meant he just bought his rings and didn't play. I ALWAYS CHECK TC'S WHEN I CREW PEOPLE to avoid problems like that. A TC is your Total Charge. It goes up by how many orbs/rings you've gotten. The higher it is, the more experienced the player is. The lowest I will crew is 12K TC if the person is 10.
With speeding, It is speed, but people don't like to listen. If you want to solo, the best time to do it is when you first get in the room or when there are 3 animated left. Don't choose to do it on the last monster. People don't want to sit there and wait for you to finish. You had the whole room to do it. When you're speeding, the key is to be a ninja. You don't want to aggro the whole room because only a few people bring heals. It's not you can divert the damage. People can only do so much. Don't move from the doorway until the monsters closest to you are killed. If you go a "FOR NARNIA!" people will get mad, and end up laughing and kicking you when you die for being that stupid.
My last "complaint" is about a person who only wears sets to aggro instead of the rings you actually need. She failed because she didn't aggro at all. She was arrogant and thought she didn't need them. When she got to BL and was "tanking" Kam, she couldn't keep aggro because she didn't have the right rings. She ended up rage quitting but before that, she kicked everyone so noone could do the instance.
A few words of advice:
ALWAYS crew with friends or a friend of someone you trust
If your tank or BU tells you to do something, they are prolly telling you for a good reason.
If you are a 10 and a CL 11-12 tells you something, please do it. They have more experience than you and are just trying to help.
If you don't have all of your DMS attacks or buffs at 10, please don't DMS until you do.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Take the time to play all of the game. Do the quests, learn the story and how to play. You will make everyone's life better.
When I first started playing zOMG back when it first came out, it took me 8 months of solid playing to get to CL 10. This was back when the ring and orb drops were like how DMS does it. Now that everything is dropped like candy, you can do the quests and everything and become a 10 in no time. PLEASE learn how to play all of the game before you decide to DMS. You will start to see all the hidden things that are in plain sight but you don't see because you didn't take the time to learn the story.
If you do all of that, you and everyone else will have a better experience in DMS and on zOMG in general. Thanks for reading this book. <3 XD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff