Welcome to Gaia! ::

If you have any questions on the Battle System, feel free to ask, I will supply you with informative answers to any question. (To the extent of the information Gaia has released)

Here, with the FAQ, I will post answers to some frequently asked questions, please look here before posting a question to see if Its already been answered it.

.::FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS: :B::.

.::1) When will it be released? The last announced time at the last Gaia Expo was August, but that has changed. Qixter has stated now there is no Estimated Release Date. ; 3;

.::2) How will we battle? The Battle System will use a Ring system. You can have a total of Eight rings equiped, four on each hand. These rings are your attacks and abilities. Ranging from Fireballs, invisibility, healing etc.

.::3) Can I use my weapons (Like the Ninja Star)? The weapons currently on Gaia will not effect gameplay what soever. This was decided so the rich Gaians wouldn't be better then the poor just because they can afford all the weapons.

.::4) Will it be fullscreen? DEV's have not yet stated a yes or no to this. Best guess is yes, or it will have an option for Fullscreen or Windowed.

.::5) Will we have to download it? Current information suggests its an off-the-site MMO, you will have to download the updates like most MMO's (Update process) But you don't really have to download it to your desktop.

.::6) Will there be PvP? At the launch of the Battle System, there will be no PvP system. They want to test it out for a while with just PvE. Ya know, get their footing. A PvP system WILL be added at a later date though. So be patient :]

.::7) Will there be a Class System? There was a slight hint given towards something class like, but I can not give out more information until DEV's give OUT more information. Terribly sorry =P

.::8 ) Will we be able to get gold or items in the Battle System? Why yes! Yes you can! They drop off of monsters as loot. Items can range from trash, to rare exclusive Battle System only items. Bet you want to know what they are? ... So do I

.::__________::.

If the answer to your question is not within this FAQ, please, feel free to ask to your hearts content.

If I do not answer right away, I may be doing something. Giving me a friendly reminder is always nice.

750 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Market Browser 100
Well... they will update it periodicly, right?
Also, will there be an armor rating or resistance or something that would help protect against attacks? Will there be health and/or magic meters?
wat is the general idea of the battling system??
kottonkitsune14789
Well... they will update it periodicly, right?
Also, will there be an armor rating or resistance or something that would help protect against attacks? Will there be health and/or magic meters?
Updates will be added often, yes.

The current monsters they posted are just the beginner monsters, a DEV has confirmed their is more.

There is a Health and Magic (Or Action) bar.

Certain rings provide certain powers. Some rings have a shield ability, and others can have other protective powers. So yes.

Doesen't the farmers sons name
sound a little dirty? [Purvis]
L1N0
Gaia Developers have stated there is a background theme, or story to it. Yet, they are keeping the exact story secret till a later date.

The Battle System has been planned for years, and was very likely spawned by the admins love of Ragnarok Online. Expect some similarities.
L1N0

To Get your status up?
your question is like asking
what is the point of WOW?
[PumpkinQueen]
Yes rofl

Newbie Noob

how will the weapon system work...
Thdark
[PumpkinQueen]
Yes rofl

Im not sure what dirty word
i relate it too but i swear it is
really similar to one of them.
Do you know what one?
mine was the best questiong
<3
when will it start?
evlbb2

Your weapons and defences
will depend on the rings you
wear. heart
evlbb2
Battle System will use a Ring System.

Your avatar can have a total of 8 rings equiped at one time. Four on each hand.

These rings are your powers and attacks. Some are fireballs, some are invisibility, or healing. Heh, some can even be Pirate or Ninja related.

Current weapons on Gaia, like the Ancient Katana or Flame sword, will not effect anything in the game, you can still wear them to look cool, but they won't make you stronger.

They decided to do this, because if weapons DID make you stronger, all the rich Gaians would be better then the poor, and thats not fun.
My qeustion is how will we get our first rings.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff