Welcome to Gaia! ::

We need a name for DMS permanent public access! What should it be?

PermaPublic 0.11475409836066 11.5% [ 7 ]
The Great Publicness 0.098360655737705 9.8% [ 6 ]
The Opening 0.24590163934426 24.6% [ 15 ]
The Horror 0.44262295081967 44.3% [ 27 ]
Other that I'll wedge in my post somewhere 0.098360655737705 9.8% [ 6 ]
Total Votes:[ 61 ]
1 2 3 4 5 >

Girl-Crazy Sex Symbol

11,150 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Flatterer 200
I'm asking all the people who DMS'd before PermaOpen (Do we have a word for that? I vote PermaPublic then. Or just PP). Now, I don't really wanna discuss the legitimacy of elitists and newbies and permapublic and blah blah blah, but I had a related question, which came from an experience I had today.

Experience was this:
Went to the gate (was happy to see Zealand there! Missed her lately), saw this 11+ (higher 11+, too) complaining about "stupid 10.0s" and how they were automatically n00bs. Zealand and I tried to explain the whole n00b =/= newb thing, but he was just adamant on his point, so we were like okay, whatever. Ended up making a crew, which, for lack of people, I invited him to. As soon as I started buff check he was ******** around and trolling. Not lighthearted sense of humor trolling (I can take that... I'm friends with zothaq for ******** sake), but "I'm going to ******** this crew over with my stupidity" trolling. So I kicked him before we even finished buff check.

I don't think I would have been so quick to kick in my earlier DMS days. Towards the end of closed DMS, I probably would have, but I find since PermaPublic, I am much less hesitant to do these things. Something about the greater numbers and availability of DMS players, coupled with the sheer number of ignorant people who complain about everyone but can't back up their talk with anything more than "THEY WANTED ME TO GET TWO BUFFS HOW STUPID IS THAT?" have worked together to make me feel much less guilty or hesitant when it comes to kicking people that I know will be detrimental to a crew.

I'm not trying to say that I've found MORE of these people since permapublic access, but I have definitely kicked and ignored more of them. I guess I'm more of a hardass now? I just wondered if anyone else feels this way, and if they felt this way before DMS was made permanently public, or if they think it has come after the great publicness. Oooh there's another good name. The Great Publicness.

Darling

Girl-Crazy Sex Symbol

11,150 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Flatterer 200
Electric Melody
no

Why not? Were you already good at spotting the people that needed to go? Or just smarter than me and waited for other ppl to come along instead of crewing them? Admittedly a facepalm on my account. emotion_facepalm

Darling

Robotic Chibi-tan
Electric Melody
no

Why not? Were you already good at spotting the people that needed to go? Or just smarter than me and waited for other ppl to come along instead of crewing them? Admittedly a facepalm on my account. emotion_facepalm
smarter than you emotion_hug

Shirtless Flatterer

10,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
Ive crewed with mage for dear god and he rage quits. The people that seem to be going into dms just begin to be more and more stupid and trollish of late. I agree you should give the 10's a chance but some of them you just can't help. i spent 2 ******** hours trying to explain to a 10.0 that his rings were wrong. Yes i was dedicated deal with it. The other problem ive had with dms is the tc. Now i don't ever judge by tc as long as its over 10k cause that means all your rings are 10.0 for sure or that the level they should be... saw a 11.9 with 3k tc..../died alot inside. Do you just level the rings you need for dms now? Don't even enjoy the story. I mean ive memorized all the lore of all the games i player.(nerd) but really as of late everyone just goes to dms for the recipes. I'm just tired of dms period. should really just spend time playing gw2 instead :/

Girl-Crazy Sex Symbol

11,150 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Flatterer 200
Electric Melody
Robotic Chibi-tan
Electric Melody
no

smarter than you emotion_hug

gonk Very true.

Although now that I think about it... when I used to take newbie crews before permanent access, I was always okay working around a lacking buff or two, but now I say before I make a newbie crew that the newbies must have all buffs at 10. My criteria has gotten a bit higher, which I think is partially to save time (so many newbies, so little time. Not that I do a lot of newbie crews anymore) and partially because I know there are always others out there that could use the help and are more ready, ring-wise (and arguably experience-wise also). I feel like in general, having permanent access has made me feel that it's okay to have higher standards, because with permenent access, there are more people that meet them now.

I guess it's affected me more than I thought. THE ELITISM IS CATCHING. OH NOES! rofl

IRL Cat

#roboticchibitanproblems

Blessed Wife

Has open DMS made you more strict?

Yes and no.
Yes, because sometimes 10s are really stubborn and refuse to listen.
No, because I crew with my friends most of the time. Although I help 10s once in a while.
But ever since DMS has been open to the public, it's a lot harder to find smob/smeb crews nowadays. IT'S HARD TO NERF! gonk It's like they all migrated to Bill's Ranch and abandoned the beach.
On topic, I really don't give a ********. As long as the noobs/beginners listen, I don't mind helping them. s**t just gets real if they don't. cool
As for the trolling, experienced people just find it funny, I guess. I've never done that to the 10s though, but a lot of my friends have and still do. If you really think about it, it's a way of showing to them that those rings are not meant to be used in DMS. Then there's another way how they troll- going to GR and getting them stuck lol.

Bitchboots's Prince

Girl-Crazy Man-Lover

I still mostly crew with randoms (because I'm online at odd times and I'm lucky to catch one or two regulars). T/CL doesn't matter so much and I'm even willing to help newbies and people that haven't learned basic stuff like self-raging. I find that even when I don't have the crown, I tend to take leader role and "assist" with buff checks and give every crew the same helpful tips (10s in back; don't take damage; don't drop buffs; heal the tank if there is one; don't bring meat if you're CL11.5+ etc).

That being said, I'm pretty tolerant of horrible attitudes and personally distasteful areas of chatter as long as the killing gets down and I get my orbs. Mostly out of not wanting to go through the song and dance of getting someone else when few people are available.

Shirtless Flatterer

10,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
MistressMinako
don't bring meat if you're CL11.5+ etc).

scream F that i like my high health and the tank does mess up sometimes D<

Sweetheart

18,425 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
No I haven't. In fact I think I have upped my tolerance level. I think it's important to train newer people so we have good players later. However I have kicked more people for stupidity, simply due to sheer numbers and there will always be people who will refuse to take buffs or just flat out be a jackass or whatever. I also have suggested to some of the nice ones that they really do have to level up more rings before they attempt DMS.

Questionable Perfectionist

14,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Survivor 150
Hasn't affect me, but then again I haven't really played much lately due to a laggy connection. Oh well.

Bitchboots's Prince

Girl-Crazy Man-Lover

Digitalgod17
MistressMinako

Well you get a special exception, but when we're talking about CL11s doing speed... yeah no meat. I like ~3 minute YRs thank you very much.

Shirtless Flatterer

10,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
MistressMinako
Digitalgod17
MistressMinako

Well you get a special exception, but when we're talking about CL11s doing speed... yeah no meat. I like ~3 minute YRs thank you very much.

ohhh yeah no meat on speeds for sure.

Sparkly Prophet

7,250 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
I dunno, nothing's really changed for me much except now that there's a plethora of tens I get asked to tank frequently. This is a bad thing.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff