Welcome to Gaia! ::

Bloodthirsty Demon

24,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Noble Shade 100
Whispers of Delusion
When you say the first 2 rooms, do you mean the first screens before you actually enter the YM? Or legit rooms?

I'm glad someone was able to at least verify that I'm not crazy about this. 3nodding

TasteChaos's King

Duck

Mage The Red
Whispers of Delusion
When you say the first 2 rooms, do you mean the first screens before you actually enter the YM? Or legit rooms?

I'm glad someone was able to at least verify that I'm not crazy about this. 3nodding

With first I mean the lobby, it did not work there.

TasteChaos's King

Duck

You can just skip through most of it cause it's a long video because 2 members were afk, one of the 2 did not R4 keen and had adren.

Shy Cutie-Pie

Whispers of Delusion

whelp that video does prove Mage's point but there was that ledge //shrugs
I'm wondering now if it is because of the ledge or not

i would argue Mage's point cuz i swear I've seen that happen (exactly what he was talking about) when i used to tank but that was so long ago ahahahaha rofl don't feel like i have the right to argue something with old faded memory ehehe

Vicious Prophet

Viette Cintare

Hunter's Bow: I really didn't plan to do damage with this in my set of course lol. but I'll add in optional ring to pick when tanking along with hack, slash, solar, etc. I just use this to quick start a room and for no other purpose whatsoever.

Why not actually help your crew aside from healing? It speeds things up a lot.

Quote:
Fitness: I didn't have much knowledge about fitness except that it added to overall stats, based on that I assumed it added to health, but apparently it doesn't so I should've edited that out (I did sleep before deciding to re-edit this in the morning) the health increase must've been from CL rather than fitness. Sorry for this SLIGHT misunderstanding.

Maybe you should have taken the time to understand the rings you're using before making a guide.

Quote:
Soloing: It's not like you can stop them from soloing once they've started, and it is your job to heal regardless. You just tell the soloer to suck it up and kill what they aggro.

Or they could actually do something beneficial to the crew. It's much faster if no one solos.

Quote:
"
Please, let me tell you why this is wrong.

In numerous crews, I've Tanked. YM, GM, you name it. Let's say you have about 6 mobs, and I aggro 5 of them. The crew mobs all 5 of them, but I stay in the same place that I originally chose. If I have held aggro well enough, not only can my crew safely attack the last enemy, but the enemy will not suddenly begin to attack them, either. It will remain quite passive.

Just because a mob hasn't noticed you, or aggro'd onto you, doesn't mean you aren't building aggro against it. If you need physical proof of such, allow me to take you on a YM Reg run sometime. I'll take my normal Tank set, and I'll purposefully not aggro everything, then allow the crew to attack it. I guarantee that said enemy will not attack, nor will it aggro onto me."

Mage, I can't experiment on this, but from how I've tanked previously once they begin to attack it regardless of my healing, It still goes berserk on them. and I count my heals as much as i can. Again, a tank doesn't have a choice but to heal the people that get hurt.

I can personally vouch for Mage; he definitely knows what he's talking about. Have you been healing the crew the entire time?

idk Leas' guide is still my favorite tanking guide and Omni's is a close second.

TasteChaos's King

Duck

Puddle-of-Snapple
Whispers of Delusion

whelp that video does prove Mage's point but there was that ledge //shrugs
I'm wondering now if it is because of the ledge or not

i would argue Mage's point cuz i swear I've seen that happen (exactly what he was talking about) when i used to tank but that was so long ago ahahahaha rofl don't feel like i have the right to argue something with old faded memory ehehe

I know there is a ledge, but I don't see why that would affect anything, if you come too close to the ledge the vamps will just fly off, they always do. Even wolves come closer to you when you do, I did not walk into their vision.

TasteChaos's King

Duck

Because some people said "But the vamps were on a ledge"
I joined another YM crew and tanked for them, in toilet room at the far upper left was a wolf that I did not aggro when coming in, I still kept him at the end of the room.
Proof you don't need to walk within vision in YM.
tested it again further in depth and it turns out enemies have 2 vision ranges 1 vision range is the "lure range" and then the 2nd range is the "vision range"which is how far away you can be without luring and still build aggro so its dependent on how far away the enemy is from you

so.... vision aggro gives you 1 point of aggro but does not require you to actually lure them because the distance you need to be to actually obtain vision aggro is further then they can lure to you from

Shy Cutie-Pie

ccatman
tested it again further in depth and it turns out enemies have 2 vision ranges 1 vision range is the "lure range" and then the 2nd range is the "vision range"which is how far away you can be without luring and still build aggro so its dependent on how far away the enemy is from you

so…. vision aggro gives you 1 point of aggro but does not require you to actually lure them because the distance you need to be to actually obtain vision aggro is further then they can lure to you from

xD gotta love this
in the end both are wrong and right at the same time
well this was a great read c:

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out