12,425 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
x

TasteChaos's King

Duck

Dat huntersbow...
Take Hack and solo a wolf while you tank, much more effective.

Sorry for ruining your thread, you may delete this post after reading.

Omnipresent Warlord

I don't know if you're done or what. If you're not I can delete this post and repost again. I'm not sure why you'd say you hate "old-school tankers" when your ring set and play-style is practically identical to one

Quote:

What kind of tank wouldn't let people do solos? :
A tank that likes an efficient crew, but I know people who can kill a wolf faster than the entire crew combined. As for the damage the solo-er sustains, what harm will R1 wish do?

Having attackers solo is almost always a bad idea. You know attackers that can kill one enemy faster than 4 others can kill another? Great! You have 1 good attack and 4 terrible ones in your crew.

- Soloing is usually a bad idea because if they're attacking a vampire then it's regenerating health and that makes killing the enemy take longer than it has to.
- When you have 5 of your attackers attacking 2-3 monsters then you need to be able to heal all of them and with just one wish ring you're going to have to pick who to heal and who to not.
- Since people who solo right after entering a room when they follow a tank in steal aggro, having 1 or more people solo makes it harder for people to kneel for stamina because less of the room is safe now. People dazing is bad.

Quote:
What kind of tank calls in after two minutes :
It's pretty reasonable to call in your DPS'es in an NF room if they kill too fast, otherwise you wouldn't have time to heal enough and NF will go berserk, yes?Even so, two minutes is still a little too much. It's either that or they're new tank or a tank that plays it safe. too safe.

No "old school guide" recommends waiting that long. People who do that either learned tanking from someone else or are so bad that they need extra time to compensate.

Quote:
Do I level my meat? :
Nope. I think 2100 HP from 10.0 Meat and HP from 10.0 Fitness is good enough. It should give you about 2450 HP.

You do not get health from fitness. Read the description. You get health regeneration from fitness and you're telling people to make do with less.

Quote:
Fitness and Meat don't need to be levelled. you can swap Fortune's Favor for any 12.0 ring
This set will keep your ring on a flat 11.4

... only if you don't plan on going anywhere else in DMS. You will want a cl 12 fitness and meat if you decide to tank anywhere else and if you're an attacker in YM you will want your fitness at 11.4 at least. It doesn't make any sense to tell people not to level such an amazingly useful ring like fitness.

And hunters bow? Really hunters bow? Almost any other attack is more useful in YM and will do more for the crew.

Bloodthirsty Demon

24,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Noble Shade 100
Viette Cintare

#3) If it hasn't noticed you, it's not getting HtPts. This applies for all YM Monsters

Please, let me tell you why this is wrong.

In numerous crews, I've Tanked. YM, GM, you name it. Let's say you have about 6 mobs, and I aggro 5 of them. The crew mobs all 5 of them, but I stay in the same place that I originally chose. If I have held aggro well enough, not only can my crew safely attack the last enemy, but the enemy will not suddenly begin to attack them, either. It will remain quite passive.

Just because a mob hasn't noticed you, or aggro'd onto you, doesn't mean you aren't building aggro against it. If you need physical proof of such, allow me to take you on a YM Reg run sometime. I'll take my normal Tank set, and I'll purposefully not aggro everything, then allow the crew to attack it. I guarantee that said enemy will not attack, nor will it aggro onto me.
Omnileech
I don't know if you're done or what. If you're not I can delete this post and repost again. I'm not sure why you'd say you hate "old-school tankers" when your ring set and play-style is practically identical to one

Quote:

What kind of tank wouldn't let people do solos? :
A tank that likes an efficient crew, but I know people who can kill a wolf faster than the entire crew combined. As for the damage the solo-er sustains, what harm will R1 wish do?

Having attackers solo is almost always a bad idea. You know attackers that can kill one enemy faster than 4 others can kill another? Great! You have 1 good attack and 4 terrible ones in your crew.

- Soloing is usually a bad idea because if they're attacking a vampire then it's regenerating health and that makes killing the enemy take longer than it has to.
- When you have 5 of your attackers attacking 2-3 monsters then you need to be able to heal all of them and with just one wish ring you're going to have to pick who to heal and who to not.
- Since people who solo right after entering a room when they follow a tank in steal aggro, having 1 or more people solo makes it harder for people to kneel for stamina because less of the room is safe now. People dazing is bad.

if you read it you can see it says what kind of tank wouldn't let people do solos followed by a tank that likes an effficient crew she is saying that soloing is slower but can be more fun for some people

Quote:
What kind of tank calls in after two minutes :
It's pretty reasonable to call in your DPS'es in an NF room if they kill too fast, otherwise you wouldn't have time to heal enough and NF will go berserk, yes?Even so, two minutes is still a little too much. It's either that or they're new tank or a tank that plays it safe. too safe.

No "old school guide" recommends waiting that long. People who do that either learned tanking from someone else or are so bad that they need extra time to compensate.

it was probably an exaggeration

Quote:
Do I level my meat? :
Nope. I think 2100 HP from 10.0 Meat and HP from 10.0 Fitness is good enough. It should give you about 2450 HP.

You do not get health from fitness. Read the description. You get health regeneration from fitness and you're telling people to make do with less.

she is not saying you get health from fitness 2100 hp is what you get from cl 10 meat and 2450 is what you get from 12.0 meat

Quote:
Fitness and Meat don't need to be levelled. you can swap Fortune's Favor for any 12.0 ring
This set will keep your ring on a flat 11.4

... only if you don't plan on going anywhere else in DMS. You will want a cl 12 fitness and meat if you decide to tank anywhere else and if you're an attacker in YM you will want your fitness at 11.4 at least. It doesn't make any sense to tell people not to level such an amazingly useful ring like fitness.

many people have 2,3,4,or even more sets of rings some people have 3 sets of buffs with cl 1 non scales and cl 5.8 non scales too to manipulate cl to get attacks and heals at cl 12 in ym

And hunters bow? Really hunters bow? Almost any other attack is more useful in YM and will do more for the crew.

this i semi agree with if its going to be your only attack cl 1 hunters is good for activating room but otherwise cl 1 defib or a cl 1 fitness for stamina regen is better imo

the title also says under construction so noone should even be posting here right now to begin with because wording and content may not be finalized yet
Mage The Red
Viette Cintare

#3) If it hasn't noticed you, it's not getting HtPts. This applies for all YM Monsters

In numerous crews, I've Tanked. YM, GM, you name it. Let's say you have about 6 mobs, and I aggro 5 of them. The crew mobs all 5 of them, but I stay in the same place that I originally chose. If I have held aggro well enough, not only can my crew safely attack the last enemy, but the enemy will not suddenly begin to attack them, either. It will remain quite passive.

Just because a mob hasn't noticed you, or aggro'd onto you, doesn't mean you aren't building aggro against it. If you need physical proof of such, allow me to take you on a YM Reg run sometime. I'll take my normal Tank set, and I'll purposefully not aggro everything, then allow the crew to attack it. I guarantee that said enemy will not attack, nor will it aggro onto me.

the way it works is whoever gets vision aggro first is the only one who can build hate points on that enemy unless someone else attacks ALSO....
heals don't gain any hate points on an enemy that someone doesn't have vision aggro on
in order for a heal to gain hate points on an enemy you must already have gained at least 1 hate point on that enemy or you must heal someone else who has atleast 1 hate point on that enemy

cxnceited's Senpai

Omnipresent Spirit

17,900 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
>Tanking YM

Please tell me no one actually does this.

It's much more efficient to run sEB set with a few debuffs thrown into the mix (since by now, I doubt you'll ever have an all CL10 crew)

Gang up on one edge of the map locking a character to it, and just go to town. If absolutely need a heal tank, quote rainbow and have her teach you how to do it.

Rainbow Filled Nights
"I'm literally the greatest ever" --Paraphrased

Bloodthirsty Demon

24,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Noble Shade 100
ccatman
Except that's not true... At least, not in the case I mentioned. But, do feel free to prove me wrong with a little evidence. neutral

cxnceited's Senpai

Omnipresent Spirit

17,900 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
ccatman
Mage The Red
Viette Cintare

the way it works is whoever gets vision aggro first is the only one who can build hate points on that enemy unless someone else attacks ALSO....
heals don't gain any hate points on an enemy that someone doesn't have vision aggro on
in order for a heal to gain hate points on an enemy you must already have gained at least 1 hate point on that enemy or you must heal someone else who has atleast 1 hate point on that enemy

Backing Mage's post, here's how it actually works:

-When you enter a room, all the hostile (to you) mobs have added you to it's hate list.
-You gain hate points by healing allies + yourself, attacking that mob, or debuffing it in anyway.
-The user with the most hate points will hold the aggro (this is typically the tank)
-As long as other users aren't attacking the animated / healing the tank, they will never generate enough hate points to steal aggro from the tank.
-Everyone can go on about killing all the other animated while tank holds aggro

EDIT:
IIRC, you also gain hate points for "existing" in the vision field of the animated, regardless of whether or not it's aggro'd to you, it's just that you will never build enough hate points to counter the tank---and typically by the time you've actually begun attacking the animated, you'll also never generate enough hate points to steal aggro (before it dies, anyways).

sauce: I've only done it once against Mage, and I do believe he let me emo

Loyal Wife

15,625 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
A Random Act of Terror
>Tanking YM

It's much more efficient to run sEB set with a few debuffs thrown into the mix (since by now, I doubt you'll ever have an all CL10 crew)

Gang up on one edge of the map locking a character to it, and just go to town. If absolutely need a heal tank, quote rainbow and have her teach you how to do it.

Rainbow Filled Nights

o3o terror I'm flattered you think so
I tank YM cause i think it's fun and that's really all
A Random Act of Terror
ccatman
Mage The Red
Viette Cintare

Backing Mage's post, here's how it actually works:

-When you enter a room, all the hostile (to you) mobs have added you to it's hate list.
-You gain hate points by healing allies + yourself, attacking that mob, or debuffing it in anyway.
-The user with the most hate points will hold the aggro (this is typically the tank)
-As long as other users aren't attacking the animated / healing the tank, they will never generate enough hate points to steal aggro from the tank.
-Everyone can go on about killing all the other animated while tank holds aggro

EDIT:
IIRC, you also gain hate points for "existing" in the vision field of the animated, regardless of whether or not it's aggro'd to you, it's just that you will never build enough hate points to counter the tank---and typically by the time you've actually begun attacking the animated, you'll also never generate enough hate points to steal aggro (before it dies, anyways).

sauce: I've only done it once against Mage, and I do believe he let me emo

this is not correct if someone walks in vision range of kam but doensn't touch her and the tank toggles and uses bandage right in front of her she will not aggro to the tank

also the first part isn't true or at least isn't consistent due to lack of updates/maintenance done on the game
but if no one walks in vision range of an enemy the enemy won't have any hate points on anyone and a dpser can walk up to it at the end of a room and it'll go onto that person but again maybe this is consistent but i know 100% for a fact that it will happen at least some of the time

cxnceited's Senpai

Omnipresent Spirit

17,900 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Rainbow Filled Nights
A Random Act of Terror
>Tanking YM

Rainbow Filled Nights

o3o terror I'm flattered you think so
I tank YM cause i think it's fun and that's really all

don't feign modesty with me, mang emotion_donotwant

Guys, this right here, is literally one of the top 5 tankers on zOMG!

srsly emotion_kirakira

ninja But seriously, yall need to let me know when yer YMing

Bloodthirsty Demon

24,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Noble Shade 100
ccatman
But we aren't discussing Kamila. She has her own set rules on Aggro Vision range.

The scenario I described is that of the regular enemies located in YM/GM. It is possible to hold the aggro of a mob, and not have actually walked into its vision range, or even to have aggro'd it previously.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff