Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hmm chances are this probably came up already, but I didn't see it so i'm going to ask anyways.

So, will our avatars/characters have a base level that we can level up? or is our strength purely Dependant on rings?

Rage Rank is good for each ring, and Ring Fu is for the total rings, I get that...but that still means you're only as strong as each ring you possess.

I.E. If you only have 3 rings, that means you can never go past level 12?

Also, wouldn't that make grinding when you first start be pointless if there isn't base levels? If you don't get anything until you find your first ring drop? (or perhaps we'll all just start with a newbie ring?)

I went to a unofficial gaia panel at a con years back (2 years ago I believe?) it was held by mods and they said that each character already had a base level that was only visible to the admins or something. They were mods, but I still question the reliability of that information ^^; then again, maybe we did back then and the idea was scrapped?
RIGHT FIRST TIME

REPEAT THREAD

Heroic Phantom

Yes my thoughts exactly. Though, I think there should be a crappy shop that sold newb rings that practically sucked. I know they aren't supposed be shops for the BS, that's just an idea.
CrAze
Hmm chances are this probably came up already, but I didn't see it so i'm going to ask anyways.

So, will our avatars/characters have a base level that we can level up? or is our strength purely Dependant on rings?

Rage Rank is good for each ring, and Ring Fu is for the total rings, I get that...but that still means you're only as strong as each ring you possess.

I.E. If you only have 3 rings, that means you can never go past level 12?

Also, wouldn't that make grinding when you first start be pointless if there isn't base levels? If you don't get anything until you find your first ring drop? (or perhaps we'll all just start with a newbie ring?)

I went to a unofficial gaia panel at a con years back (2 years ago I believe?) it was held by mods and they said that each character already had a base level that was only visible to the admins or something. They were mods, but I still question the reliability of that information ^^; then again, maybe we did back then and the idea was scrapped?

I don't care, as long as I have Hide rings and Fire Bolt rings, I don't care!

Ring effects are bad ripoffs of RO skills.
I think there should be a base level for stuff like leveling up and natural attack power, maybe? I'd expect a lvl. 100 guy to be able to use a basic attack with much more strength as a level 1 person. Anyone remember ff7? It might be like that...

4,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Contributor 150
From what I can tell, our "main character level" will be our "ring fu."

To level up your ring fu, you must level up your rings.

And lv4 is the max lv for a ring.
I just think it'd be rather lame if a rich person could just buy 50 rings and play for 5 minutes, but be stronger than a person who grinded for hours unend to level up 3 or 4 rings. The base level would at least even that out somewhat.

Every ring starts off at level 1..so you'd basically just be able to buy levels. Which is..kind of lame. ^^; Had I known that, I would have considered actually saving up my gold instead of not giving a damn XP
My big questions about the battle system is will there be instanced quests on the battlefields, and will there also be some form of PvP play? Otherwise, what'd be the point in leveling at all?
R.S Darkblaze
My big questions about the battle system is will there be instanced quests on the battlefields, and will there also be some form of PvP play? Otherwise, what'd be the point in leveling at all?

Well if you have to earn the levels, then there's at least bragging rights ^^; If you can just buy them..then...there really is no point.
CrAze
R.S Darkblaze

Well if you have to earn the levels, then there's at least bragging rights ^^; If you can just buy them..then...there really is no point.

Agreed. I remember the bragging back when I played WoW... end of last year. Every time someone levels they'd post a "Ding!!", and everyone'd stop to say congratulations... but if you can just BUY levels, that'd be pointless and evil since then you'd have a truckload of twink noobs running around ganking everything for drops.

4,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Contributor 150
CrAze
I just think it'd be rather lame if a rich person could just buy 50 rings and play for 5 minutes, but be stronger than a person who grinded for hours unend to level up 3 or 4 rings. The base level would at least even that out somewhat.

Every ring starts off at level 1..so you'd basically just be able to buy levels. Which is..kind of lame. ^^; Had I known that, I would have considered actually saving up my gold instead of not giving a damn XP

Eh?

I think that if you kill a monster, then its exp is added to your rings and not some main character level.

Heroic Phantom

You can only have 12 rings equiped or something like that. (I can't remember off the top of my head)
make it like a mini WoW that'd be tight(world of warcraft)

Cute's Compadre

Philanthropic Tycoon

Jassica Simpson
RIGHT FIRST TIME

REPEAT THREAD
You're being a bit rude.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers