Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you think a shop to spend our hoards of orbs is needed?

Oooh, YES! 0.8781512605042 87.8% [ 627 ]
Eww, NO! 0.1218487394958 12.2% [ 87 ]
Total Votes:[ 714 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 20 21 22 > >>

O.G. Lovergirl

6/13/12-This is obviously an old topic. zOMG! has gone through some changes. If you want to continue debating/talking about this topic, I leave that up to you. I may or may not respond to all of your posts.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We need an Orbs Shop. Why? Because for a lot of us, we have all our rings at CL 10 and continue to play for orbs, which continues to grow, sitting there, collecting dust.

I have close to 10,000 orbs, with absolutely no use for them. If we had an Orb shop, just as we do for the "Wing Stickers" we've collected for the past event, I would be more inclined to play zOMG more. The higher priced orbs, the better the item.

What are your thoughts on this?

NOTE: For those who are unaware, you can sell your Orbs for 1g each in your inventory.

I've created a petition thread about this idea as well, if you would like to sign, you can go here:

User Image

The Petition currently has 1300+ Signatures!

5,850 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Conversationalist 100
ICESYS

"We hope like hell they give us our devs back so we can use them on the Epics like they said we would."

18,875 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
I think it would be a good idea, not everyone is that curious about gaia's plot, but everyone likes nice items that can be purchased with stuff that doesn't cost real money. If they put the orb shop in the same bar as the other ones where people could notice it, gave it nice, beautiful and good quality items then people would probably be more inclined to play zOMG!, even if only for the items. The thing is that the items should only be purchasable with orbs. Gaia has been fond of releasing limited edition shops as of late (Cash Shop, D*C, Phing Phang and maybe the sticker shop as well), so maybe they could make some of the items in the shop limited edition as well.

Note: The following part is taken from another one of my replies:

But they should make items people will want! Since zOMG! is an adventure game with a lot of different places so they have a lot of themes. For Zen Gardens they could make more ninja stuff (weapons, I hope, will be included in the shops, nice looking weapons) or perhaps some Miko stuff, or some more kokeshi stuff (there's a black and a gold colored kokeshi yet we only get the kimono and fan from the red one...), maybe some lanterns and some taiko drums behind us, maybe even some falling cherry blossom petals and other things. For Village Greens they could make some cute ornaments or some more flower accessories. For Bass'ken Lake they could give us some fishing rods we could hold or just some special rods, they could also give us saws, wood sculptures,necklaces,etc. . For the Old Aqueduct, they could give us some ruins or rusty weapons or high tech weapons stolen from the aliens. For Gold Beach, maybe some more surfboards and some different kind of sand sculptures, maybe even a background with the lighthouse, and since buccaneer boardwalk is planned and seems to have a pirate theme maybe some mismatched pirate items (a blouse/dress with uneven sleeves, uneven pants, socks, boots, etc.). For the Otami Ruins, well, I guess some walls with anciend writting or those tops the twins wear (or something similar) would be nice along with some more jewelry and clothes. As for Swallow Sea, they could give us some more marine stuff, maybe the skin those water sprites (or however they're called) have, or the trident, or have the clams around your feet or other things. They could include some of the lab stuff as well, like coats and those things they go around in when underwater. For Bill's Rach,...to be frank I don't know about this one...but I guess more farmer/hill billy stuff. They could do something for "Dead Man's Pass" as well, like give us some creepy stuff, Ian says that an evil person once lived in the mansion in dead man's pass so maybe you could give us some stuff from there, along with some coffins and graveyard backgrounds.

Well, I hope I didn't leave any area out.

O.G. Lovergirl

Thanks Areishia_01 for your detailed ideas.

3,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
i agree that they should have an orb shop.

5,850 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Areishia_01
I think it would be a good idea, not everyone is that curious about gaia's plot, but everyone likes nice items that can be purchased with stuff that doesn't cost real money. If they put the orb shop in the same bar as the other ones where people could notice it, gave it nice, beautiful and good quality items then people would probably be more inclined to play zOMG!, even if only for the items. The thing is that the items should only be purchasable with orbs. Gaia has been fond of releasing limited edition shops as of late (Cash Shop, D*C, Phing Phang and maybe the sticker shop as well), so maybe they could make some of the items in the shop limited edition as well.

But they should make items people will want! Since zOMG! is an adventure game with a lot of different places so they have a lot of themes. For Zen Gardens they could make more ninja stuff (weapons, I hope, will be included in the shops, nice looking weapons) or perhaps some Miko stuff, or some more kokeshi stuff (there's a black and a gold colored kokeshi yet we only get the kimono and fan from the red one...), maybe some lanterns and some taiko drums behind us, maybe even some falling cherry blossom petals and other things. For Village Greens they could make some cute ornaments or some more flower accessories. For Bass'ken Lake they could give us some fishing rods we could hold or just some special rods, they could also give us saws, wood sculptures,necklaces,etc. . For the Old Aqueduct, they could give us some ruins or rusty weapons or high tech weapons stolen from the aliens. For Gold Beach, maybe some more surfboards and some different kind of sand sculptures, maybe even a background with the lighthouse, and since buccaneer boardwalk is planned and seems to have a pirate theme maybe some mismatched pirate items (a blouse/dress with uneven sleeves, uneven pants, socks, boots, etc.). For the Otami Ruins, well, I guess some walls with anciend writting or those tops the twins wear (or something similar) would be nice along with some more jewelry and clothes. As for Swallow Sea, they could give us some more marine stuff, maybe the skin those water sprites (or however they're called) have, or the trident, or have the clams around your feet or other things. They could include some of the lab stuff as well, like coats and those things they go around in when underwater. For Bill's Rach,...to be frank I don't know about this one...but I guess more farmer/hill billy stuff. They could do something for "Dead Man's Pass" as well, like give us some creepy stuff, Ian says that an evil person once lived in the mansion in dead man's pass so maybe you could give us some stuff from there, along with some coffins and graveyard backgrounds.

Tbh, I think it's a wonderful idea, especially given all the potential items you mentioned. It would go a long ways to gathering support for the game, but without devs we're just daydreaming.

If I may add to your post though, I would also like to see equip-able avatar poses of the ring animations wink

Devout Lunatic

25,125 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Nerd 50
Nurannoniel
ICESYS

"We hope like hell they give us our devs back so we can use them on the Epics like they said we would."

3nodding cool

quote finished, starting general reply...

I think it may be better to use on "epic items" than make a store itself.

As mentioned on posts there, it's an adventure game and as so may fit better to use the orbs to craft with the mentioned fail rates when discussed about those items.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/zomg-gaia-s-mmo/new-rare-items-in-zomg/t.59933899/

But if my memory is not wrong, there may be something new related to a store inside the game. so I think maybe it may be a weapon store for example, or maybe a "store", to go craft items with orbs as ingredients. The fail rates may jsut destroy the orbs used, but not the gold, so it's safe on the gold aspect, we were told. We won't lose the gold required to try the item craft, so if we are required 100,000 gold, and fail, we recover the full 100,000 gold. smile so no need to argue anymore about loosing gold in the fails.

Maybe, I hope, if the weapon shop is done like that, or similar, we may as well get a shop for clothes/armours too?

5,850 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Conversationalist 100
While that's true Ralph, that's still dependent on us getting out developers back! wink

O.G. Lovergirl

Nurannoniel
While that's true Ralph, that's still dependent on us getting out developers back! wink

Can you fill me in, what happened to our Devs? I've been in and out of Gaia for a while, due to computer problems and life stuff. Thanks.

Eloquent Tycoon

9,050 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
ICESYS
Nurannoniel

Can you fill me in, what happened to our Devs? I've been in and out of Gaia for a while, due to computer problems and life stuff. Thanks.

The devs were 'temporarily' pulled off to work on another project.

O.G. Lovergirl

Chokin
ICESYS
Nurannoniel

Oh k. Question: Do we need our zOMG Devs for the possibility of having an Orb store, despite orbs relation to zOMG?

18,875 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
Nurannoniel
Areishia_01

Tbh, I think it's a wonderful idea, especially given all the potential items you mentioned. It would go a long ways to gathering support for the game, but without devs we're just daydreaming.

If I may add to your post though, I would also like to see equip-able avatar poses of the ring animations wink

That's a wonderful idea! Healing Halo, Divinity, Ghost and Coyote all have some very nice and stylish animations.Especially at full range.

Eloquent Tycoon

9,050 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
ICESYS
Chokin
ICESYS
Nurannoniel

Oh k. Question: Do we need our zOMG Devs for the possibility of having an Orb store, despite orbs relation to zOMG?

Actually.. probably not.
It could all be done like the Prize & Joy shop.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff