Welcome to Gaia! ::

5,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Regular 100
i looked around and didn't find a topic abou players ideas for rings so i'm posting mine...if u know one plz add a link^^

1-shock
category:buff
When an animated attack you with that buff activate,it take some damage.

2-cheer up!
Cheer your allies.Increase dogde and willpower(weaker than any other buff that increase just one of them)

3-cleave
category:attack
Summon a axe that slash your enemy in two.No area effect.

4-fake love(no better idea fot he name)
Make yourself really sexy and all animated will like u.Increase agro when acting.(for ppl who don't know agro is the chance that an animated have to target you).

5-rifle
category:attack
stronger version of guns,guns,guns with more range but take more time to use again and u might get really tired when using it.
How about elementally themed rings? We've sort of already got some, such as hot foot, solar rays, fire rain, and perhaps quick sand, but how about winds buffs, or water healing rings, perhaps electric and earth attacks? Just something I'd be interested in seeing.

3,850 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
clone
attack
copies yourself to make a crew of just u ( takes longer to charge than defib)

blaster cannon
attack
fires a laser at the opponent

black hole
buff
summons a black hole to absorb surrounding enemies attacks

begger
buff
increases the orbs u get from enemis

5,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Regular 100
I The Wizard I
How about elementally themed rings? We've sort of already got some, such as hot foot, solar rays, fire rain, and perhaps quick sand, but how about winds buffs, or water healing rings, perhaps electric and earth attacks? Just something I'd be interested in seeing.

what about it?
1-sweet juice
2-boulder crush
3-recycle
4-fast as wind

1-heal yourself (only yourself) over time(weaker than bandage)
2-summon a rock which fall on an area of enimies.
3-remove debuff from allies
4-increase dogde and speed but reduce wight.

5,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Regular 100
jhon67890
clone
attack
copies yourself to make a crew of just u ( takes longer to charge than defib)

blaster cannon
attack
fires a laser at the opponent

black hole
buff
summons a black hole to absorb surrounding enemies attacks

begger
buff
increases the orbs u get from enemis

i liked the blaster cannon but clone and black hole not and the begger i think just another buff that increase luck will do the same...hm...what about my "fake love" increase luck at higher rage rank?

3,850 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
yeah i was just throwing ideas

Benevolent Codger

This thread has been added to the zOMG! Ideas Repository. Thanks for contributing your ideas to zOMG!

----

I rather like the "Shock" ring (and it's the suggestion I've posed for a while for the much-sought-after "electric" ring); I always posited it as Static or Wooly Socks. whee

"Cheer up" increasing two stats rather than one seems almost irrelevant; in case you were unaware, most buffs provide a second boost with Rage. While Ghost (the Dodge buff) is an exclusion, Iron Will (the Willpower buff) does grant a Deflect bonus with Rage, which is more-or-less the same thing. Dodge bonuses are generally unattractive, and weakening one for a Willpower bonus (which is also generally inapplicable) doesn't make an awful lot of sense.

"Cleave" is Hack, with an axe. What were you trying to add here? neutral

Question: why does "love" make the animated wanted to kill you? Someone having relationship problems? emo Anyhow, the idea of a buff that increases the amount of Hate you naturally generate is interesting, but I'm not certain it wouldn't overlap poorly with Taunt. As for a theme, something that makes them dislike you sounds more appropriate, doesn't it? sweatdrop

Guns, Guns, Guns is already the strongest ranged ring out there; I'm not sure if there's necessarily room for a high-cost, high-range, pure-damage ring, but I suppose it's possible...

5,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Regular 100
jhon67890
lol...come on ontinue thwronwing ideas^^is good^^

Red Kutai

1° about cleave,i just thoughta ring with another weapon would be good...i just see sword sword sword...and i don't like swords^^but yeah...i didn't think about the cleave very well...it looks like hack...what about a debuff for it?hm...like...less willpower...i think it suits...but it's going to fire rain isnt it?
2° about fake love...since it was "fake" the animated would get mad...but i'd like the idea to decrease agro...what about u jhona?
3° about the cheer up!...that thing to increase 2 status is a game rule?
4° about shock...hei ty...i liked the wooly socks too but i'd rather shock^^
5 °rifle and guns,guns,guns-for me,guns,gunsguns,is weak...it's just a shuriken without debuff adn something more powerfull with high cooldown and stamina cost would be good.

and red kutar..are u a administer or something?

5,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Regular 100
i gave soem more thoughts about cleave what about a defense penality as debuff...if the systen dont accept it what about dodge penality?
new ring-sharp mind-more willpower and more arcuarry(rage bonus)

9,800 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gaian 50

Devout Prophet

9,100 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Tycoon 200
How about a Fade Ring- Decreases the agro on characters with the buff (to accomodate the ring to gaias system it could be a self buff)

Dangerous Genius

Hm, another "Ring Ideas" thread, eh? Okay, I'll toss some of mine into the mix again.

Rust - Armor Debuff
Spray a corrosive substance on your foes to wreck their armor. Affected targets will take increased damage for the duration of the effect.

Anger Management - Ally-only buff
Coach your friend on controlling their emotions. Temporarily enables the use of RR2 attacks that do not consume the Rage meter. (Those attacks still require charging to RR2)

Flurry - Melee Attack
Deliver 2-5 hits (depending on RR used) to a single foe. Each hit has its Hit/Miss/Critical rate determined independently. At RR4, if the first four attacks hit, the fifth is a guaranteed Critical.

On the rifle ring, I could see a use for something with the range of Hunter's Bow, but with greater power and balanced by a longer cooldown (possibly higher stamina cost also). Especially if it has a faster damage reaction than Bow.

P.S. Red Kutai isn't an admin/mod/dev/whatever, he's just well-informed.

5,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Regular 100
seridious_92
How about a Fade Ring- Decreases the agro on characters with the buff (to accomodate the ring to gaias system it could be a self buff)

so what about change my "fake love" to decrease agro?

5,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Thard_Verad
Hm, another "Ring Ideas" thread, eh? Okay, I'll toss some of mine into the mix again.

Rust - Armor Debuff
Spray a corrosive substance on your foes to wreck their armor. Affected targets will take increased damage for the duration of the effect.

Anger Management - Ally-only buff
Coach your friend on controlling their emotions. Temporarily enables the use of RR2 attacks that do not consume the Rage meter. (Those attacks still require charging to RR2)

Flurry - Attack
Deliver 2-5 hits (depending on RR used) to a single foe. Each hit has its Hit/Miss/Critical rate determined independently. At RR4, if the first four attacks hit, the fifth is a guaranteed Critical.

On the rifle ring, I could see a use for something with the range of Hunter's Bow, but with greater power and balanced by a longer cooldown (possibly higher stamina cost also). Especially if it has a faster damage reaction than Bow.

P.S. Red Kutai isn't an admin/mod/dev/whatever, he's just well-informed.

i think a 2-5 hits ring isnt possible to zomg but what about a "damage over time"?and anger management is really powerfull and isnt for zomg...at least for me.The rust i liked^^
oh and ty to answer me about red kutai^^

Benevolent Codger

Yvolt
jhon67890
lol...come on ontinue thwronwing ideas^^is good^^

Red Kutai

1° about cleave,i just thoughta ring with another weapon would be good...i just see sword sword sword...and i don't like swords^^but yeah...i didn't think about the cleave very well...it looks like hack...what about a debuff for it?hm...like...less willpower...i think it suits...but it's going to fire rain isnt it?
2° about fake love...since it was "fake" the animated would get mad...but i'd like the idea to decrease agro...what about u jhona?
3° about the cheer up!...that thing to increase 2 status is a game rule?
4° about shock...hei ty...i liked the wooly socks too but i'd rather shock^^
5 °rifle and guns,guns,guns-for me,guns,gunsguns,is weak...it's just a shuriken without debuff adn something more powerfull with high cooldown and stamina cost would be good.

and red kutar..are u a administer or something?

First off, no, and thanks to Thard for clarifying before I could, myself. I'm not a moderator, administrator, or developer, and I hope I did not come across as attempting to impersonate one. As was mentioned, I just try to be well-informed. sweatdrop

I agree that I'd like to see some slightly more varied weaponry, but repeat rings really aren't the best way to do it. In fact, even adding the Willpower debuff, you're still overlapping with Mantis. One suggestion I have seen, that might be relevant here, is the concept of ring "skins"; items that you can equip "on top" of your rings that would change their animation. In this instance, you'd be able to equip an Axe "skin" over top of Hack or Slash, and they would then use an axe-based animation rather than the swords you're used to. That allows for a little more individuality, without worrying too much about crowding Ring design space.

Well, even if it's falsified, "love" seems to imply making them reluctant to attack you (abilities themed under Attraction traditionally make the target unable or less likely to attack the user), rather than more likely. Taunt already sets a precedent (as does Heavy Water Balloon) that making enemies angry increases Hate, so I'd stick with that for that suggestion. Using kindness or attraction, instead, to decrease Hate makes plenty of sense.

Not a "rule", no, but an established convention. Just about every buff grants a second, smaller bonus at Rage Rank 4 (which is pretty much all that matters for buffs, but that's another issue), so trying to create a Ring as the "Double-Buff Ring" seems underwhelming. That, and Dodge and Willpower don't seem all-that synergistic, to make it more attractive.

The concept is the same, be the name Shock or Wooly Socks; building up static electricity, and releasing it whenever an enemy touches you. The silliness of Wooly Socks (and the idea of a ring made of tiny socks whee ) seemed fitting for zOMG!, but Shock would be equally welcomed.

The difference between Guns, Guns, Guns and Shuriken is in the range; Shurikens "Short" range is actually rather pathetic. Guns, Guns, Guns - at "Medium" - is about the last thing I'd consider an actual ranged Ring. But you're right, Shuriken does as much damage as Guns, Guns, Guns, and it's actually pretty likely that they'll be forced to make higher-cost (that is, higher Cooldown and Stamina), higher-output Rings, as the design space for the faster ones is currently pretty full...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff