Welcome to Gaia! ::

What if you could feed your pets recipe items, and it would change the way it evolves?

YES, GIVE US A WHOLE LOT OF OPTIONS! 0.45348837209302 45.3% [ 39 ]
Sure, But keep it limited to what they can turn into. 0.24418604651163 24.4% [ 21 ]
But I want to feed them something eeeeeeelse. 0.058139534883721 5.8% [ 5 ]
No, feeding pets is a stupid idea. 0.011627906976744 1.2% [ 1 ]
I WANT MY PET TO EAT BAWLZ 0.23255813953488 23.3% [ 20 ]
Total Votes:[ 86 ]
< 1 2 3 4 ... 13 14 15 >

I think that is a great great idea, also i absolutly <3 the zomg art

6,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50
This is possibly the best idea I have ever seen *_________*

I would be all for it :D!

/is totally partial to "gihvolve" because it reminds her of "digivolve" rofl
I think that's an amazing idea. It'd make a bit more money for zOMG, and make the pets more popular meaning even more. And I love the idea of having more interactive pets.

Though, instead of just having two or three evolutions, maybe it could also be CL levels? In that sense, you could start out lower, so that lower level players can level it up as they level, and you could even raise the CL cap for it in future levels. That way, the OMG would stay the same until CL level 3.0, at which case it'd turn into OMFG at CL 6.0, and the OMGWTF at 9.0. And as you leveled past that, pending that the level cap was raised, the final evolution could change color hues, or glow, to represent it's superior power level past the final 'visual' evolution.
Amazing idea, I'd like to see it implemented.

Fluff Powerhouse

16,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Jack-pot 100
One Of Those Deaf-Mutes
I think that's an amazing idea. It'd make a bit more money for zOMG, and make the pets more popular meaning even more. And I love the idea of having more interactive pets.

Though, instead of just having two or three evolutions, maybe it could also be CL levels? In that sense, you could start out lower, so that lower level players can level it up as they level, and you could even raise the CL cap for it in future levels. That way, the OMG would stay the same until CL level 3.0, at which case it'd turn into OMFG at CL 6.0, and the OMGWTF at 9.0. And as you leveled past that, pending that the level cap was raised, the final evolution could change color hues, or glow, to represent it's superior power level past the final 'visual' evolution.

You are getting boarded, my friend.
Pirate Captain Sushi
One Of Those Deaf-Mutes

You are getting boarded, my friend.

Sexy~ ;D

And cool. Glad I could contribute to a great idea.

7,600 Points
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Nerd 50
I think a combination of your idea with Deaf-Mutes' idea would probably be more usable.

I love the idea of feeding it orbs, and it would help for all those with a lot of extra orbs. I also like having it evolve based on level as well. However, allowing it to evolve based on level only would have some problems to it.

A good majority of people are already 10.0, thus they'd have the powerful buddies straight away, with no extra work. Also, it would, as stated to this point, give you that one straight away, no option of leaving it at a 'weaker' level; nor would there be an option for which you want if you are a CL 10 already [i.e. System asking "Do you want, OMG, OMFG, OMGWTF or ZOMG" allowing for a choice if you weren't automatically given a high level.

Probably the best would be having the levels for when it can evolve, but still having to feed it orbs. This would prevent someone from leveling it up, without any extra work [mainly for the CL10s] It would also prevent weaker people from pooling all their orbs into the buddies instead of leveling themselves and their rings up.

I know my thought on it still needs work, but I think possibly combining the two thoughts together would be a good way to go. smile JMO though.

Either way, it is a really awesome idea that I hope can be implemented, as well as an idea for possible abilities for the buddies to have [Ghi boost?]
Krovahn
I think a combination of your idea with Deaf-Mutes' idea would probably be more usable.

I love the idea of feeding it orbs, and it would help for all those with a lot of extra orbs. I also like having it evolve based on level as well. However, allowing it to evolve based on level only would have some problems to it.

A good majority of people are already 10.0, thus they'd have the powerful buddies straight away, with no extra work. Also, it would, as stated to this point, give you that one straight away, no option of leaving it at a 'weaker' level; nor would there be an option for which you want if you are a CL 10 already [i.e. System asking "Do you want, OMG, OMFG, OMGWTF or ZOMG" allowing for a choice if you weren't automatically given a high level.

Probably the best would be having the levels for when it can evolve, but still having to feed it orbs. This would prevent someone from leveling it up, without any extra work [mainly for the CL10s] It would also prevent weaker people from pooling all their orbs into the buddies instead of leveling themselves and their rings up.

I know my thought on it still needs work, but I think possibly combining the two thoughts together would be a good way to go. smile JMO though.

Either way, it is a really awesome idea that I hope can be implemented, as well as an idea for possible abilities for the buddies to have [Ghi boost?]

Oh no, no. I 'Did' actually mean still having to feed it orbs. Cept it'd keep the theme and level like a Ring/Player. And every once and a while it'd change forms and give you a new stat boost. Or hell, maybe new stat 'slots', so that you can place the buffs in you want. And the buffs, you would purchase for a reasonable amount in the CS~
We need some Dev comments up in here. > 3 > !!

Fluff Powerhouse

16,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Jack-pot 100
Krovahn

What's wrong with CL 10.0's having powerful buddies right away? They did the work to get the orbs, didn't they? o3o

I don't really think there's THAT many people roaming around zOMG with 10,000 orbs in their inventory. I've been playing since day one and my TCL is only around 8K. I've also been using orb doublers. xD

Are you suggestion a mandatory DAILY feeding of orbs, like an actual pet?
Sort of an orb tax?

7,600 Points
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Nerd 50
One Of Those Deaf-Mutes
Krovahn

Oh no, no. I 'Did' actually mean still having to feed it orbs. Cept it'd keep the theme and level like a Ring/Player. And every once and a while it'd change forms and give you a new stat boost. Or hell, maybe new stat 'slots', so that you can place the buffs in you want. And the buffs, you would purchase for a reasonable amount in the CS~

Oh, sweet! Lol. My post is irrelevant then! Haha. I just misunderstood it and thought it was going to be solely based on level, oops.

I definitely love the potential of what PCS idea holds, especially with your tweak to the idea. Good job to the both of you. I really hope the devs check it out and consider it for the future, if they meet all of their goals in the coming week and stay afloat.

7,600 Points
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Nerd 50
Pirate Captain Sushi
Krovahn

What's wrong with CL 10.0's having powerful buddies right away? They did the work to get the orbs, didn't they? o3o

I don't really think there's THAT many people roaming around zOMG with 10,000 orbs in their inventory. I've been playing since day one and my TCL is only around 8K. I've also been using orb doublers. xD

Are you suggestion a mandatory DAILY feeding of orbs, like an actual pet?
Sort of an orb tax?

Well, what I meant for having it right away is when I thought Deaf-Mutes' idea was based solely on CL and not orb-feeding combined with it. While yes, they did work hard for those orbs, they shouldn't just be given a strong buddy straight away, they should have to work hard for that as well. [Plus, more to work for will bring more players in/ keep more players around]

I agree, there aren't a lot that do have 10k orbs laying around, which is why I was hoping it would be still orb-feeding based, which DM said it was [I misunderstood razz ]

Hmm, a daily thing would be interesting, but no, That would probably shy people away from it. Not everyone is able to be on everyday, and just feeding them in whenever they feel like it/have extra orbs would be best.

Love the idea mate!
@Krovahn No worries, people commonly don't understand the random thought process I toss out into my posts. xD

And yes, having to 'pay' to keep your pet around might be more painful then fun and helpful~

7,600 Points
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Nerd 50
Haha, nice. Random thought processes sometimes show themselves in my posts too. However, they generally lead to good thoughts/ ideas, which is a very good thing.

Pirra-chan's Significant Otter

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

why do I want this but feel reluctant to approve it as of yet?

Damn it! Why don't we have more flash animators?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff