Welcome to Gaia! ::

What if you could feed your pets recipe items, and it would change the way it evolves?

YES, GIVE US A WHOLE LOT OF OPTIONS! 0.45348837209302 45.3% [ 39 ]
Sure, But keep it limited to what they can turn into. 0.24418604651163 24.4% [ 21 ]
But I want to feed them something eeeeeeelse. 0.058139534883721 5.8% [ 5 ]
No, feeding pets is a stupid idea. 0.011627906976744 1.2% [ 1 ]
I WANT MY PET TO EAT BAWLZ 0.23255813953488 23.3% [ 20 ]
Total Votes:[ 86 ]
1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 >

Fluff Powerhouse

16,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Jack-pot 100
After reviewing several threads on the subject, and discussing with a couple of users, I’ve decided to compile a guide as to how evolution could work within zOMG! …or rather, a compiled series of ideas built into a single system.

I personally like the term Ghimorphing, but I'm willing to see it change.

Here’s a Ghimorph chart.

User Image

User Image
It would work under the following circumstances:
If a user wants to upgrade their buddies into a slightly more powerful one, they can change its appearance by ‘feeding’ it orbs.

The feeding system will work like this: Pets would be updated with a meter counting the amount of orbs they have, much like a ring. The orbs required to Ghimorph more would increase with every available evolution.

Naturally, all buddies won’t have 4 total evolutions. Gnomes would turn into Couriers, Adjutants, Majors, And Generals; Giftboxes wouldn’t change at all, and Sand Golems would turn into Sandblast then step up to Duneslam.

If a user wants to keep their OMG small and adorable, they may choose not to feed their critters any orbs.
HOWEVER, if they have changed their OMG into a giant big monstrosity that they don’t want anymore, there should be a button that empties the orb tank and recycles their entire sum of Buddy-fed orbs back into the system.
I have forgotten to add the reset button to the example on my left. ninja

----------------------------

USER IDEA'S/INQUIRY'S

CleoSombra
This is so awesome. o3o

But what if I like the pet for the way it looks, but I want it to be strong? ._.

'Cause, like, I find something hilarious about being dressed as Kitten Star and crushing EB. D:

Quote:
Perhaps the Devs could create a power-up that suppresses the Ghimorphing in some buddies, sold in Backalley Bargains of course.

The power-up would change the OMG's stats as it levels up but force it to display the same OMG's animations as it rises in orb count.
Like an Everstone. Evercrystal maybe?

Twisted In Twilight
I really like this idea.
But I wouldn't mind the option to be able to choose which form its in. Cause I just really like the OMG to its "evolutions".

Kamilucis
Kiki could Kitty volve into a KS or maybe Jet?

would be nifty having a KS or Jet companion

awesome Idea =O

Maybe hard to code but nice idea to run with, Very possible

OMG's evo I doubt would go passed WTF

Speaking of which, I was thinking maybe it would be nifty if our pets could have teachable role's, As in a set task, like currently they use emotes but maybe later you can have kiki help you attack animated or have kiki heal you
but maybe make the task's fixed, so once you make kiki your healer it'll always heal you in battle but give pet's stats, so they only do acertain amount of damage per sec or heal a certain amount of health per sec
Not sure if this is already suggested^, Havent had time to look at zF much, only thread's made by friends so far

Or maybe just be abit like fitness ring or sugar rush, they could boost your stats in certain areas whilst summoned

Kamilucis
<3 *O*
I was also thinking maybe if they boost our stats that they can gradually boost our stats more, the more we evolve them.
Kind of like:

OMG level1:
Willpower +5
Speed+ 5

OMG Level2:
Willpower +10
Luck+10
Speed+5

Valheita
Pirate Captain Sushi
Valheita
It's a good idea.

I'm assuming the "more powerful" refers to their forms rather than their abilities?

(Also, on recycle, should mebbe act more like a ring salvage?)

I would say that, but ring salvage gets rid of the rings and buddies are only available for two weeks in Backalley Bargains.

If it's past that time limit and someone wants their OMG back, it'd be worth a fortune to get back in the Marketplace. o.O
Yeah, that sentence wasn't well worded xd

I meant like ring salvage in that you only get a fraction back (I believe it's 1/10?)

One Of Those Deaf-Mutes
I think that's an amazing idea. It'd make a bit more money for zOMG, and make the pets more popular meaning even more. And I love the idea of having more interactive pets.

Though, instead of just having two or three evolutions, maybe it could also be CL levels? In that sense, you could start out lower, so that lower level players can level it up as they level, and you could even raise the CL cap for it in future levels. That way, the OMG would stay the same until CL level 3.0, at which case it'd turn into OMFG at CL 6.0, and the OMGWTF at 9.0. And as you leveled past that, pending that the level cap was raised, the final evolution could change color hues, or glow, to represent it's superior power level past the final 'visual' evolution.

Sans Seraph

What if, instead of (or in addition to) a pet house they made an "auto-feed" button for each pet? When it's turned on, all the orbs we collect could be automatically distributed to our pets. So lazy people (like me) won't have to go to the null when it's feeding time xD

AstralStorm
How about, to prevent newbs from pouring everything into their pets and not themselves, why not make it so your pet cannot exceed your own level by more than .5? that way they can gradully level themselves AND their pets at the same time.

Zi
I love this idea!

Maybe before the buddies can level up and/or gain new abilities after being fed the required amount of orbs, we have to collect specific items from in the game to create a new item with or without a recipe. The item can be called ""Lab X" or "Lab Experiment X" or something else, so we can tie it in to the game and from Gambino's experimenting days. We feed this experiment to our buddies and then they can evolve and/or gain their new abilities!

This could be done in Nico's store, but I would like to see an actual lab in the game where you have to go to and mix the items together. I think it would be a nice extra step in the game that will make evolving our pets more fun. 3nodding The location from where to enter the lab is debatable though.

Red Kutai

I don't think I ever actually posted in here, yet; I've looked over it a couple times, and I have to say... It looks just about identical to an idea I'd posted for pets long before they were released; and insofar as that's considered, I like it. xp I admit, though, that yours is much prettier. wink That, and since it's a dedicated thread, it's bringing up a lot more good points than my ideas ever do. whee

First, people seem to like the idea of keeping their pets at a lower stage, with higher power; perhaps have the 'Ghi'morph' (personally, I liked 'G'hivolve', but what do I know?) optional? That is, adding a big 'G'HIMORPH' button to the interface, that's only active after you've reached the appropriate number of Charge Orbs. That way, you can level the pets without 'G'himorphing' them, but you've always got the option to, when you want. In fact, it'd allow you to skip intermediary phases (if you like OMG and OMGWTF, but not OMFG) by simply charging up extra, and 'G'himorphing' twice in a row.

Next, people seem to want some pets to show up in groups. I'd probably suggest that as a 'morph' for some of the single-stage pets; at least where it fits. How'd you like to have a whole Night Patrol of Giftboxes hovering around you? The biggest issue I see with that is causing lag (how'd you like a whole crew of people with their own Night Patrol? gonk ), but perhaps it'd be acceptable if it weren't too common. Or perhaps that's just taking it too far. sweatdrop

As for feeding pets, I voted orbs; though, I'd also like to see pet food items, that essentially convert to a certain number of orbs. For instance, little 'Pet Treats' that can be either sold in the Cash Shop, or dropped (relatively rarely) in-game, that simply behave the same way that 100 orbs normally would, but only in regards to 'feeding' your Pets. Perhaps the number's a bit high, but I think the concept is sound.

While I'm here (though I admit it's not entirely relevant) I want to bring up the other half of my old pets idea: craftable pets. Personally, I'd still like to see some pets that are available without charging Cash, particularly if they're going to be having actual mechanical effects. I think the best option for this, now, would be Fluffs - if possible, having one single Fluff Buddy Recipe, which could utilise a number of different components to assemble different kinds of Fluffs (or, if necessary, a different Recipe for each type of Fluff, though that seems inelegant). That way, players could still use pets without Cash, though they lose access to all the variety and the wonder that is G'himorphing.

Again, I like your thoughts on the subject, and you display them very nicely. I suppose I ought to have mentioned it when I first did it, but you have been included in the zOMG! Ideas Repository, for a day or two now, I think. I didn't want to post until I had a chance to really discuss what you were talking about, though, so I've postponed it till now. I'll try to check back from time to time to see where the discussion is going on this, as its a worthwhile (and, beyond that, wildly popular) idea... 3nodding

ryry Kenny_McCormick ryry

how about like, for the buddies that dont have stronger versions of themselves, such as the chicks or fluffs, they can do this:

fluffs- as you upgrade, they become slightly bigger and get upgrades until they are 4 different fluffs combined into one when fully upgraded :O

chicks- these wil grow slightly bigger, until they turn into chickens, but the same color with the same facial features (expression, eyebrows, accessories, etc.)

bootsnakes (if they ever become buddies)- at level 1, normal bootsnake, at level 2, bigger bootsnake, at level 3, laceback galoshes, at level 4, a two-headed laceback galoshes :O

basically it would go like that- except for landy of course, he would simply become bigger till he becomes...well, landy.

then again, not all buddies have to be upgradable o3o....

Fluff Powerhouse

16,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Jack-pot 100
-Special Thanks to CleoSombra for conceiving the idea of giving of orbs to Pets-

-Another Special Thanks to Reglare Excile for conceiving pets to transform into larger versions of their counterparts-

Fluff Powerhouse

16,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Jack-pot 100
-POLLS-

Which term do you Prefer?

Ghimorphing - Ghimorph 51.5% [ 67 ]
Ghivolution - Ghivolve 31.5% [ 41 ]
Ghivomorphing -Ghivomorph 3.8% [ 5 ]
Evolution - Evolve 12.3% [ 16 ]
Other (State Other) [ 1 ]
Total Votes: [ 130 ]

1/9/2011 - 1/18/2011

--------------------

What would you rather feed your pets?
Orbs 54.8% [ 17 ]
Gold 6.5% [ 2 ]
Random Inventory Items (recipe's, clothing, giftboxes, fish, etc.) 19.4% [ 6 ]
New specialty food items 9.4% [ 6 ]
Other (State Other) 0.0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes: [ 31 ]

1/18/2011 1/27/2011

--------------------

Fluff Powerhouse

16,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Jack-pot 100

Fluff Powerhouse

16,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Jack-pot 100

Dapper Flip-Flopper

<3 *O*/I really like the idea
I was also thinking maybe if they boost our stats that they can gradually boost our stats more, the more we evolve them.
Kind of like:

OMG level1:
Willpower +5
Speed+ 5

OMG Level2:
Willpower +10
Luck+10
Speed+5

Eloquent Cat

12,325 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
I love this concept.
It'd convince me to get a pet if it could evolve c:

Fluff Powerhouse

16,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Jack-pot 100
Kamilucis
<3 *O*
Kind of like:

OMG level1:
Willpower +5
Speed+ 5

OMG Level2:
Willpower +10
Luck+10
Speed+5

I like that idea, I'm going to put it up on the idea board. 3nodding

Dapper Flip-Flopper

Pirate Captain Sushi
Kamilucis
<3 *O*
Kind of like:

OMG level1:
Willpower +5
Speed+ 5

OMG Level2:
Willpower +10
Luck+10
Speed+5

I like that idea, I'm going to put it up on the idea board. 3nodding

Huzzah XD <3
glad to be of help. It might help encourage people to evolve and buy their pets

Eloquent Tycoon

9,050 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

I love this idea.
And I would also love having a zomg following me around. XD
He may take up most of the screen, though..
Or make me lag. D:

If they make it so pets can attack, evolving them could be the way to up their stats.

Unholy Smoker

I smell Pokemon... :"D

Also we can only "level" them up in the Null Chamber like we do with rings...

7,300 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
I LOVE IT! <3

Seriously, that would not only be flat out fun, but it would also empty many of the excess orbs from the oldbies that have been waiting on new content.

Fanatical Consumer

This is very well thought out and something I definitely support. Although I would prefer new areas and an increased level cap before doing anything more with the buddies.

Distinct Lunatic

10,050 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Pie For All! 300
Kinky Rei

i personally thought there would be a pet house sort of thing where we can feed them there sweatdrop

Fluff Powerhouse

16,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Jack-pot 100
Mav--Alex
Kinky Rei

i personally thought there would be a pet house sort of thing where we can feed them there sweatdrop

I originally had in mind the Null chamber since that's where we go to power-up our rings. o3ob

A pet house though sounds nifty. o3o

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces