Beloved Sex Symbol

9,000 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200
Lord Fates
GenTrigger
Lord Fates
I love event stupidity buying. Although in regards to premium stuff, as long as it is items then I'm fine. If they start talking with special statuses and extra adventures....

I don't know... I've seen something that you have to buy a pass to get to certain places...

That's exactly the sort of thing I'm talking about. AdventureQuest or whatever it is purports itself as free but you need to pay to access half the game, and its not even for more then one character. And that's on top of being a total piece of s**t.

AdventureQuest isn't nearly at the quality level of the MMO and AdventureQuest seems to be more money hungry than anything. Gaia needs to keep a quality game running and updated so I believe that premium features are justified.
Kudos on the thread, boss.

It was like reading the newspaper. XD!
GenTrigger
Lord Fates
GenTrigger
Lord Fates
I love event stupidity buying. Although in regards to premium stuff, as long as it is items then I'm fine. If they start talking with special statuses and extra adventures....

I don't know... I've seen something that you have to buy a pass to get to certain places...

That's exactly the sort of thing I'm talking about. AdventureQuest or whatever it is purports itself as free but you need to pay to access half the game, and its not even for more then one character. And that's on top of being a total piece of s**t.

AdventureQuest isn't nearly at the quality level of the MMO and AdventureQuest seems to be more money hungry than anything. Gaia needs to keep a quality game running and updated so I believe that premium features are justified.

Don't fool yourself, Gaia is a money hungry business. They're just smart enough to know it would destroy the community they've built up if they were absolute shameless whores of the worst caliber.

To that end I'm sure premiums will exist, but they'll be in a form where they can be sold over the market place to anyone who can shell out the gold.

Beloved Sex Symbol

9,000 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200
Redimus Prime 9
GenTrigger
Lord Fates
GenTrigger
Lord Fates

Don't fool yourself, Gaia is a money hungry business. They're just smart enough to know it would destroy the community they've built up if they were absolute shameless whores of the worst caliber.

To that end I'm sure premiums will exist, but they'll be in a form where they can be sold over the market place to anyone who can shell out the gold.

Gaia isn't money hungry it's a corporation. If you worked somewhere wouldn't you want to be paid? No matter how fun that job is you still need to make a living.

And yes I do believe Gaia will make any premium features available to everyone else through hard work making gold.

Beloved Sex Symbol

9,000 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200
Kanta the Perpetrator

Thanks Kanta ^^

I keep the articles short and to the point so you don't have to dig for any information.
GenTrigger
Redimus Prime 9
GenTrigger
Lord Fates
GenTrigger
Lord Fates

Gaia isn't money hungry it's a corporation. If you worked somewhere wouldn't you want to be paid? No matter how fun that job is you still need to make a living.

And yes I do believe Gaia will make any premium features available to everyone else through hard work making gold.

You can disagree with me all you want. Gaia is still a business and any business' first priority is money making.

Beloved Sex Symbol

9,000 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200
Redimus Prime 9
GenTrigger
Redimus Prime 9
GenTrigger
Lord Fates

You can disagree with me all you want. Gaia is still a business and any business' first priority is money making.

Thats what I just said >_0
GenTrigger
Kanta the Perpetrator

Thanks Kanta ^^

I keep the articles short and to the point so you don't have to dig for any information.
Flawless, indeed.

I look forward to future articles. Keep up the good work! *__*

Beloved Sex Symbol

9,000 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200
Kanta the Perpetrator
GenTrigger
Kanta the Perpetrator

Thanks Kanta ^^

Flawless, indeed.

I've yet to get a bad response to my news reports >w<

Truly journalism is Gen's calling on this thread!
GenTrigger
Kanta the Perpetrator
GenTrigger
Kanta the Perpetrator

Thanks Kanta ^^

Flawless, indeed.

I've yet to get a bad response to my news reports >w<

Truly journalism is Gen's calling on this thread!
Yuz! and seeing as how the new BS site is going to be launched, that should provide this thread with enough articles to run for a long while.

I plan on making a quest thread. I should call it some sort of survival guide. XD
GenTrigger

Again depends upon how these premium features are formatted. It all comes down to money, but Gaia does at least have some idea over how to make it and keep people happy. Locking people out of features is vastly different then say the Cash Shop.

Beloved Sex Symbol

9,000 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200
Lord Fates
GenTrigger

Again depends upon how these premium features are formatted. It all comes down to money, but Gaia does at least have some idea over how to make it and keep people happy. Locking people out of features is vastly different then say the Cash Shop.

Very true.

Maybe it'll be like a ticket or pass that is sellable and tradeable?
Stills sounds a bit screwy to me. Better to simply stick to items, since that's what people know and expect. Start telling people they can't enjoy features without paying and that creates a whole new dynamic. You are going beyond simply letting people look cooler for their money. People already complain about how corporate Gaia is with things like the sponsorships.

Although on a slightly different subject, some gold fees would be a great sink and all around cool idea. Like a circus tent or something that you need to pay 100 gold each time to enter.

Beloved Sex Symbol

9,000 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200
Lord Fates
Stills sounds a bit screwy to me. Better to simply stick to items, since that's what people know and expect. Start telling people they can't enjoy features without paying and that creates a whole new dynamic. You are going beyond simply letting people look cooler for their money. People already complain about how corporate Gaia is with things like the sponsorships.

Although on a slightly different subject, some gold fees would be a great sink and all around cool idea. Like a circus tent or something that you need to pay 100 gold each time to enter.

I hope for gold sinks as well.

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
Regarding gold sinks: Weren't there suggestions regarding "hangout places" to rent and battle with just your friends?

I'm trying to think back to Qixter's one journal entry, where people commented with suggestions for stuff to do with friends and whatnot... somebody mentioned that, which seems like a very good gold sink... almost like setting up parties in Towns, only you could make it exclusive or something... I don't remember, sorry. gonk

At any rate, things have been going so wildly lately (October MCs were a hit, the comics and animations came at rapid pace, then the event at the end of the month), I'm thinking it's good that they held off the info site for a bit.

I'm pretty sure nobody wants an awesomeness overload. sweatdrop

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces