Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you think Gaia's MMO is like .hack// "The World"

Yes 0.12903225806452 12.9% [ 4 ]
NO! 0.35483870967742 35.5% [ 11 ]
Eh maybe 0.41935483870968 41.9% [ 13 ]
Gold 0.096774193548387 9.7% [ 3 ]
Total Votes:[ 31 ]
1 2 >

Ok so we've been waiting for something as AMAZING as .hack's// "The World" for ages!! And I think from what I've read the Gaia Battle system is comming pretty close, you can form parties and such and yo find your own way of playing it, the only difference is it's not a 3D type of virtual reality game, and the rings. But anyways was anyone thinking this or am I just crazy?

Conservative Raider

I'm sorry, but I think your expectations are going to be let down hard. The Gaia MMO will be fun, I don't doubt that, and it might even become dominate to Gaia's forums... But it will not be the Greatest MMO ever made.
well, you could make that comparison, but .hack was designed after the major MMORPG's on the market. So, it's a little like saying "Hey don't you think Horses are like giant living motorcycles?"

And please don't bump in this forum, take it to chatterbox.
I have to disagree totaly. Mainly because it can't even be compared to that, considering you have to compare the plot with it. Gaia's Battle System will have a never ending plot, while with Dot Hack, well, it ends somewhere. In any case, the plot and the 3D "Virtual Reality" graphic and weaponry pretty much make up the entire game of Dot Hack, in all the series of it. While with the Gaia Battle System, there are a number of things to do. Doing quests, farming (I know, a lot of people hate farmers), helping others, chatting, getting loot/craftables. The BS won't be killing these almost virtually impossible to kill monsters. >> <<

Also, what Rothelez said, don't bump.
Well there are some things that come close but if this reminds you of .hack// so will alot of other online RPGs.
Ouch denied on that
There are a lot of good MMORPG in sale, and I think Gaia's will be good, but it'll not be the best.
"the Gaia Battle system is comming pretty close, you can form parties and such and yo find your own way of playing it"

You've just described practically almost all mmorpgs... The battle system, the skills, the world, the classes, the races, each of these is what makes each mmo unique. Not one of these in Gaia comes remotely close to "The World;" you should've played fragment when the servers were still up.

4,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Contributor 150
Yeah, like the others said......don't get your hopes up. x3

But then again, nobody ever said you couldn't PRETEND it was .hack, like make your avi into a cosplay of someone and then use skills relating to that character?

I've actually seen some pretty decent cosplays of Pi and Kite lurking around Gaia, both by female avatars too. x3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff