Welcome to Gaia! ::

[TheSorrow]
I'm a huge .Hack fan too. So much i know almost everything that happens in story since Pluto's Kiss to the epilogue of .Hack//GU Redemption 'XD

Anyways, .Hack doesnt has a MMORPG anymore. It had one, called .Hack//Fragment, but it's out of service now, and even if you get a copy from Japan, you won't be able to play online anymore. Plus, it sucked XP You had to create your own dungeons and stuff, so there was nothing to 'explore', no bosses to defeat, and just boring overall. At least Gaia will have its own areas to explore >->

You've got a point, but exploration and boss fights don't necessarily make up for lack of plot. I've tried plenty of MMO's in my time, and I always come back to that fact, usually a few weeks before quitting.
anybody for a video for free... anyone..? rofl .hack sign the movie 3
Graest
Bellecat
ACTUALLY, .hack was influenced by... a certain other game.
Just like Haseo is Sasuke's long lost brother. xDDD
(Same voice actor & basic design/shirt/etc.)

Nothing against the series tho.
(I actually read "Mocha" as "Macha" earlier today... ._.)

It would take Firstperson gaming and FMDs and controllers to make it The World.

Not to say there's not going to be people trying to emulate the Azure Trinity. xD

Actually, The World has both first-and third-person POVs.

I know, but in the PS2 games they normally use thirdperson, but in the anime and manga the characters normally use firstperson.
And firstperson is more fun. xD
Zelfira The Shinigami
Graest
[~kchan~]
Gaia and .Hack...are nothing close of being the same. And, Ragnarok was never influenced by .Hack, because Ragnarok came out BEFORE .Hack was release.

Are you quite sure about that?

Ah! I have an answer about this >o<!
although ragnarok wasn't BASED OFF OF .hack, it was edited later on to be SOMEWHAT similar to .hack, however minimalistic. I posted this topic because i kept seeing people says "omfg gaia is like .hack now wth" and recalled this little fact that was lurking in my head. dont get me wrong though, im a die-hard .hack fan.. heart

As far as I can tell, .hack was an original idea...originally.
Bellecat
Graest
Bellecat
ACTUALLY, .hack was influenced by... a certain other game.
Just like Haseo is Sasuke's long lost brother. xDDD
(Same voice actor & basic design/shirt/etc.)

Nothing against the series tho.
(I actually read "Mocha" as "Macha" earlier today... ._.)

It would take Firstperson gaming and FMDs and controllers to make it The World.

Not to say there's not going to be people trying to emulate the Azure Trinity. xD

Actually, The World has both first-and third-person POVs.

I know, but in the PS2 games they normally use thirdperson, but in the anime and manga the characters normally use firstperson.
And firstperson is more fun. xD

So, while both are options, depending on your interaction media, it still comes down to preference.

Distinct Hunter

8,200 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
Graest
[~kchan~]
Gaia and .Hack...are nothing close of being the same. And, Ragnarok was never influenced by .Hack, because Ragnarok came out BEFORE .Hack was release.

The Ragnarok Online MMORPG original release was August 02. The initial release of the first item in the .Hack franchise was June 02.

However, I believe RO's beta started in early spring of 02. Further, an actual MMORPG requires years more development than a single player game. This would put RO in development probably before the .Hack franchise even made it to the proposition stage.

And that's before you even consider that the manwha that RO is based on, Ragnarok, was published in 1995, four years before Everquest brought multiplayer online games out of the MUD/MUK stage.

So yeah, Ragnarok does predate the .Hack stuff on several counts.

And for the most part, anyone who has played both can easily tell you that there's no real commonality between the two other than a few simple cosmetics here and there. And most of the elements that people are claiming Gaia is getting from .Hack were already done by other games.
Streamjumper
Graest
[~kchan~]

The Ragnarok Online MMORPG original release was August 02. The initial release of the first item in the .Hack franchise was June 02.

However, I believe RO's beta started in early spring of 02. Further, an actual MMORPG requires years more development than a single player game. This would put RO in development probably before the .Hack franchise even made it to the proposition stage.

And that's before you even consider that the manwha that RO is based on, Ragnarok, was published in 1995, four years before Everquest brought multiplayer online games out of the MUD/MUK stage.

And for the most part, anyone who has played both can easily tell you that there's no real commonality between the two other than a few simple cosmetics here and there. And most of the elements that people are claiming Gaia is getting from .Hack were already done by other games.

There! That's the sort of answer I was looking for!

3,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
naw .hacks more better

Distinct Hunter

8,200 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
Graest
Streamjumper
Graest
[~kchan~]

There! That's the sort of answer I was looking for!

Oh, I forgot to mention one thing. the .Hack/Sign anime came out in April 04, but that, at best, places it in a similar timeframe to the RO beta.

Damn, I remember hearing about the Beta from some of my EQ guildies.
YOUR ALL DUMB ASSES!!!! WATCH DOT.//HACK ROOTS!!!!! GAIA IS NOTHING LIKE THE WORLD THERE IS MORE THAN ONE DOT.//HACK ANIME AND I BET THIS FIGHTING SYSTEM SUCK!!!!! NO GET ON WITH YOUR LIVES!!!!!
Please don't EVER compare .hack to Gaia.

Nor was Ragnarok created through influence of .hack
Ok first off .hack=pimp!

Ummm....
It might be but I'm not like to good at seeming similarities.
If you are refuring to how the battle system will like be then we have no idea so um ya.
Silly! xDD

If it is then gaia=sort of pimp....>.>
skullmas389
YOUR ALL DUMB ASSES!!!! WATCH DOT.//HACK ROOTS!!!!! GAIA IS NOTHING LIKE THE WORLD THERE IS MORE THAN ONE DOT.//HACK ANIME AND I BET THIS FIGHTING SYSTEM SUCK!!!!! NO GET ON WITH YOUR LIVES!!!!!

o.O

Looks like someone's got some anger issues.

And I do watch //ROOTS. Why don't you be more specific and less annoying?

[Kold]'s Husbando

Questionable Receiver

12,075 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
I heart .//hack blaugh And I have always thought Gaia was sorta similar in a way. If you look at the forums system that .//hack has (The new games especially) it's a bit similar. Fighting wise it hasn't been until possibly in the near future, but still I role play a lot, and I feel like the adventures I have are like the crazy adventures in .//hack...never fell into a coma though xp

Heroic Phantom

Those are minor similarities, I think that this gaia battle system will be unique.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff