Welcome to Gaia! ::

Draconian Lover

40,300 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Winter Guardian 250
It was mainly it's life . The new staff and management people murdered Gaia .

Perfect Saint

I don't quite agree seeing zOMG was not even there in the beginning. As much as I liked zOMG, it was not the center of Gaia nor was its life realistically. The forums and dress up are the site's life. However, I will admit that zOMG was the life for some users and they do feel detached when it died, but there are other things to be had on this site and they may yet still be able to transition to other aspects of Gaia if they want to hard enough.

Enigmatic Menace

Myrielle
I don't quite agree seeing zOMG was not even there in the beginning. As much as I liked zOMG, it was not the center of Gaia nor was its life realistically. The forums and dress up are the site's life. However, I will admit that zOMG was the life for some users and they do feel detached when it died, but there are other things to be had on this site and they may yet still be able to transition to other aspects of Gaia if they want to hard enough.

I know that quality work and community was a part of the old Gaia, and with zOMG! permanently out, we're not seeing much of that anymore. That was the last of the quality work. Now it's all cash.

Perfect Saint

Kronoton
Myrielle

I know that quality work and community was a part of the old Gaia, and with zOMG! permanently out, we're not seeing much of that anymore. That was the last of the quality work. Now it's all cash.
That really depends on what you mean by quality work and where it is being applied. My concern are for lovely items. How zOMG figures into that, I am at a loss.

Enigmatic Menace

Myrielle
Kronoton
Myrielle

That really depends on what you mean by quality work and where it is being applied. My concern are for lovely items. How zOMG figures into that, I am at a loss.

Inflation, lack of interesting things to keep the community afloat, trolls and hackers, and just pure greed to name a few. zOMG! kept interest for as long as it did, and that's saying much coming from a little game that despite it's flaws, had a place in Gaia. The items are very nice, but are unaffordable due to inflation. Not many people have money nowadays, let alone cash to spend it on. With zOMG! gone, there's less interest and less things to do. The mini-games can only do so much at a time.

Perfect Saint

Kronoton
Myrielle
Kronoton
Myrielle

Inflation, lack of interesting things to keep the community afloat, trolls and hackers, and just pure greed to name a few. zOMG! kept interest for as long as it did, and that's saying much coming from a little game that despite it's flaws, had a place in Gaia. The items are very nice, but are unaffordable due to inflation. Not many people have money nowadays, let alone cash to spend it on. With zOMG! gone, there's less interest and less things to do. The mini-games can only do so much at a time.
Still not sure where quality work figures in there, but I'll take your word for it. To each their own, I guess. I used to play zOMG endlessly until 2012 and found my way back into the forums. I think I've made the transition back fairly well.

Enigmatic Menace

Myrielle
Kronoton
Myrielle
Kronoton
Myrielle

Still not sure where quality work figures in there, but I'll take your word for it. To each their own, I guess. I used to play zOMG endlessly until 2012 and found my way back into the forums. I think I've made the transition back fairly well.

I did too, but that doesn't mean I'll go out and spend my hard earned cash for a virtual item that only exists in one place. Quality work meaning overall, not just in one piece of the site. The items hold no interest to me.

Gaian

Without zOMG I feel detached from Gaia. Like I have no other reason to be here. Originally I came to RP on here but since I no longer have the time for that and zOMG isnt there to help me get gold I really cant say I have too much interest in this site anymore.

Perfect Saint

Kronoton
Myrielle
Kronoton
Myrielle
Kronoton
Myrielle

I did too, but that doesn't mean I'll go out and spend my hard earned cash for a virtual item that only exists in one place. Quality work meaning overall, not just in one piece of the site. The items hold no interest to me.
I do believe this is where our paths diverge. I've spent quite a bit to pretty up my avatar with real money for I am satisfied with the products but I've to say that I've barely spent for zOMG except to buy the sweetheart ring, the bloodstone amulet and a few buddy items. Fat lot it did me. At least, I can wear the amulet.

Greedy Wolf

7,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tycoon 200
zOMG also gave people who grinded for Alchemy an income - I know I made heaps of money through zOMG and Towns, and now with inflation, everything's underpriced or overpriced and with the zOMG alchemy bag - that basically scraps any idea of bringing zOMG back because if people hoard the bags and their contents, you can basically level up like crazy in zOMG when/if it returns without even working for it.

Enigmatic Menace

Myrielle
Kronoton
Myrielle
Kronoton
Myrielle

I do believe this is where our paths diverge. I've spent quite a bit to pretty up my avatar with real money for I am satisfied with the products but I've to say that I've barely spent for zOMG except to buy the sweetheart ring, the bloodstone amulet and a few buddy items. Fat lot it did me. At least, I can wear the amulet.

All I did was collect enough gold and then waited for the items to drop in price in the marketplace. This was over the course of many years, not instantaneously. I never once bought anything with cash.

Perfect Saint

Kronoton
Myrielle
Kronoton
Myrielle
Kronoton
Myrielle

All I did was collect enough gold and then waited for the items to drop in price in the marketplace. This was over the course of many years, not instantaneously. I never once bought anything with cash.
Well again, to each their own. Bottom line: Gaia is not dead for me.

Enigmatic Menace

Myrielle
Kronoton
Myrielle
Kronoton
Myrielle

I never said that it was dead. Not once.

Perfect Saint

Kronoton
Myrielle
Kronoton
Myrielle
Kronoton
Myrielle

I was reiterating the point of the thread, to which I am opposed.

Enigmatic Menace

Myrielle
Kronoton
Myrielle
Kronoton
Myrielle

I was reiterating the point of the thread, to which I am opposed.

That's fine with me. Gaia can still be salvaged. It isn't dead quite yet. I see it bleeding but not dying.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff