Welcome to Gaia! ::

Disclaimer this only pertains to those people who think gaia owes you something. I am not saying everyone who wants weapons thinks gaia owes them.

I have noticed that some people get the idea that gaia owes them the right to use weapons for donating. Like there was some agreement.

Donation :n:
an act or instance of presenting something as a gift, grant, or contribution.

Another words you donated with no promise or agreement of power, items, abilities. You people are lucky that gaia is nice enough to give the donation items to you as a cosmetic look.

"Not fair that you don't get to use them." Hehe that would be the case if you had been promised the use of them but you weren't you assumed everything.

Under the circumstances now that I have been corrected and they are no longer donation items. Even still if I buy a blow torch because its a blow torch. Should I complain that it doesn't shoot fireballs a month later?

The point is you bought/donated for said item under the pretences that it was only cosmetic.

Thank you Orpheus for correcting me on that they are no longer donation items. Thats right they call them Monthly Collectables now.
User ImageThe jester...

Actually, Xeroth. They are not called Donation Items anymore because quite frankly, you are not donating, you are buying.

But still, buying or donating does not give you the right to go around DEMANDING for stuff to be made your way.

I buy stuff from Wal-Mart all the time, yet I don't go around telling them that OMG LIEK U SHULD PUT WEEAPONS ON UR CLERKS LALWL!!
... is here.User Image
lol so true.

Girl-Crazy Vampire

5,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Trader 100
totallly true...
User Image

User Image

Orpheus
User ImageThe jester...

Actually, Xeroth. They are not called Donation Items anymore because quite frankly, you are not donating, you are buying.

But still, buying or donating does not give you the right to go around DEMANDING for stuff to be made your way.

I buy stuff from Wal-Mart all the time, yet I don't go around telling them that OMG LIEK U SHULD PUT WEEAPONS ON UR CLERKS LALWL!!
... is here.User Image

User Image
good point. the MCs are just something extra, and it's not like gaia forces you to pay for their service. everyone complains too much >.<
I agree with not using weapons because, quite frankly, I could care less about using a scythe, a katana, or a sword. I can equip one to roleplay what weapon I use, but other than that the ring system will provide all the attacks and abilities I need 3nodding
Orpheus
User ImageThe jester...

... is here.User Image

Lawls, Your Walmart thing made me chuckle.

Anyways, I have collected every Weapon MC Released so far and I would only want gaia to let them be used in the battle system if they release Weapons in a shop that are of equal power.
[Eon]

Anyways, I have collected every Weapon MC Released so far and I would only want gaia to let them be used in the battle system if they release Weapons in a shop that are of equal power.

Yes, letting people have advanges from MC weapons would suck, but still, gaia will have to design "cheap versions" of every MC items in yout view, and that's just a waste of time.
I can slightly see you point, but don't you think that having the weapons implemented everyone will just hunt for the best combo of weapons making everyone looks the same?
Plus if the above combo would be grated by just certain items people would hunt down for them, so put the case this equips will need crafting, a lot of people will just start new hacks a ans scams for get them.

A RING SYSTEM instead offers you the total anononymous status to your skills.
><.... i agree!!!!! even im kinda new... so that it wud be fair for new players....
Iceketch
[Eon]

Yes, letting people have advanges from MC weapons would suck, but still, gaia will have to design "cheap versions" of every MC items in yout view, and that's just a waste of time.
I can slightly see you point, but don't you think that having the weapons implemented everyone will just hunt for the best combo of weapons making everyone looks the same?
Plus if the above combo would be grated by just certain items people would hunt down for them, so put the case this equips will need crafting, a lot of people will just start new hacks a ans scams for get them.

A RING SYSTEM instead offers you the total anononymous status to your skills.

YUP!! that is totally true..... so that all of us wud be unique......
I was actually thinking of starting a thread like this. Gaia does not owe us at all. Donation Items/Monthly Collectibles is, and always has been, just an item for show. It has been this way since 2003, why assume that they would be used as a weapon? Then complain because you were wrong, and say that Gaia owes you for even buying the item and giving them money. Monthly Collectibles are still donation items with a new name. The money still goes to keeping Gaia Online running. So, for your kindness, Gaia gives you a reward, a donation item. People donate just to get the items. I donate to help gaia, but still enjoy the item I get. Why does Gaia owe them? They gave them the item, they could give them nothing. So why do people need to ask for more? I have said this many times before, why get mad at Gaia because of the BS, after all that Gaia has done for you, you're getting mad at them. People are lucky they are even getting a BS. We don't need weapons, rings are good enough for me, and many others. (In my sig will lead to a thread of all BS supporters, so you all look at those names and say no one supports the BS) I am glad you started this thread, and I couldn't agree more.
I didn't mean they should make Shop Equvilants to every MC O.o, I just ment Any MC weapon shouldn't be aloud to surpass a shop one in strength :3
And I am all for a Ring system lol, Just saying a Melee option or Melee ring to allow you to use different types of weapons would be cool biggrin
If all weapons had the same Strength but required a melee ring you could level to increase power I would be in heaven XD
[Eon]
I didn't mean they should make Shop Equvilants to every MC O.o, I just ment Any MC weapon shouldn't be aloud to surpass a shop one in strength :3
And I am all for a Ring system lol, Just saying a Melee option or Melee ring to allow you to use different types of weapons would be cool biggrin
If all weapons had the same Strength but required a melee ring you could level to increase power I would be in heaven XD
Thanks for supporting the battle system. I see you took a trip into my sig link xd . Make sure you post and say your year.
[Eon]

yeah but actually we don't have any weapon in the shops...so that's why I told you that your theory is based on something gaia will have to re-done.

There is already a melee ring, take a look at the toy punch here:
http://graphics.gaiaonline.com/images/announcements/newsletters/20061109/battle_teaser.jpg

about the part:
"If all weapons had the same Strength but required a melee ring you could level to increase power I would be in heaven XD"

It's not really clear what you're saying but it's okay :3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces