Welcome to Gaia! ::

How do you think the Battle System will be received?

Very well, I think we will see a definite increase in new members joining. 0.60714285714286 60.7% [ 17 ]
I think that the same old people that have been wanting to play will stay, and a few might join, but not just for battling. 0.39285714285714 39.3% [ 11 ]
Total Votes:[ 28 ]
1 2 >

Well, here's my 15 cents on the matter, anyway..

I think there are two probable outcomes from this, and I am not going to say which one I think will be correct (because honestly I don't know). This has nothing to do with my opinion of the game itself, I am merely stating how I think it will affect the economy.

This first post is assuming the battle system is fun and well received.

Outcomes:

Probable outcome number 1: The Fountain Theory
-The game floods Gaia with all the nerdy little kids who farm the hell out of gold to get rings, and flood the market with even more useless gold so they can afford some rings. It generates SO much gold that prices inflate, and buying stuff becomes a living nightmare.

Probable outcome number 2: The Sink Theory
=They provide some sort of vendor or system to trade off gold for the rings, people spend millions on the new battle system and the prices on the market for normal items might ACTUALLY drop a bit more because everyone is spending so much gold on the battle system. Plus, excess gold is leaving the market, increasing the value of everyone's gold (even if it may not be apparent or very drastic, it would definitely have a positive effect).

If the battle system sucks:

I'm not planning on this. I think it would be one of the staff's greatest failures (ever).

Anyway: OPINIONS, anyone?

No flaming/spamming/harassment.. as always.

-SLH-
Bump. Sorry, falling off front page. wahmbulance
question hello?
Please post your opinion, not just your greetings. If you just want to say hi, PM me smile heart

Hygienic Sex Symbol

I'm not sure if things will be so drastic, but yeah I agree with most of the stuff you've said.
-ShezLikeHeroin-
Well, here's my 15 cents on the matter, anyway..

I think there are two probable outcomes from this, and I am not going to say which one I think will be correct (because honestly I don't know). This has nothing to do with my opinion of the game itself, I am merely stating how I think it will affect the economy.

This first post is assuming the battle system is fun and well received.

Outcomes:

Probable outcome number 1: The Fountain Theory
-The game floods Gaia with all the nerdy little kids who farm the hell out of gold to get rings, and flood the market with even more useless gold so they can afford some rings. It generates SO much gold that prices inflate, and buying stuff becomes a living nightmare.

Probable outcome number 2: The Sink Theory
=They provide some sort of vendor or system to trade off gold for the rings, people spend millions on the new battle system and the prices on the market for normal items might ACTUALLY drop a bit more because everyone is spending so much gold on the battle system. Plus, excess gold is leaving the market, increasing the value of everyone's gold (even if it may not be apparent or very drastic, it would definitely have a positive effect).

If the battle system sucks:

I'm not planning on this. I think it would be one of the staff's greatest failures (ever).

Anyway: OPINIONS, anyone?

No flaming/spamming/harassment.. as always.

-SLH-

I believe there will be a combination of the two. 'Loot' can be traded for rings,
creating a separate economy, as in Cards and Word Bump.

Until then,

-Angels Vermillion
i just want gold
I'm gonna have to poke a hole in theory #2

The question and answer thread specifically said that Gaia Shops will not be buying or selling gold. The only way to "buy" one would be the marketplace...meaning there will be no sink.

Instead...I think theory #1 is more likely unless they do something about it.
sweatdrop Please post an ACTUAL opinion, like I asked you to. We all know you want gold, and we do too. LOL
TwilightxPrince
I'm gonna have to poke a hole in theory #2

The question and answer thread specifically said that Gaia Shops will not be buying or selling gold. The only way to "buy" one would be the marketplace...meaning there will be no sink.

Instead...I think theory #1 is more likely unless they do something about it.

I know what you're saying, I read the whole info page. I just don't think anything on the page could be absolutely concrete right now. I mean, its still in development, you never know what they might change. I'd just say don't count your chickens before they hatch (but that would sound stupid, so I won't. xd )
I feel stupid. I missed two words that make a huge difference.

Gaian Shops will not be buying or selling rings for gold.

Fix'd.
i dont understand wat these battle things r? r we serost 2 battle other players? When is it gonna come out?
princessrattie
i dont understand wat these battle things r? r we serost 2 battle other players? When is it gonna come out?
Read the info page to find out more about the gaia battle system. You can find a link to it in the announcements.
Thank you for actually making a topic with paragraphs unlike the other noobs who type a sentance.

Anyways, i belive it will be a fountain of gold! We can fight monsters, as many and as much as we want, they drop items and gold and rings. You can sell rings to others, and upgrade them and make them even more expensive.

Although, people who dont want to work for the good and powerful rare rings will use it like a gold sink and buy them with gold.

It really all depends on how you play it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff