Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Lunatic

11,050 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • 50 Wins 150
So...forgive me for asking this, but I haven't found anybody willing or able to explain this to me.

How does one naturally acquire a fortune's favor zOMG ring, and is it even possible? I can see that there are a few on the Marketplace...but the amount of them makes me question their usefulness.

So...aside from how to get one, how do they even work?
I THINK the FF was a halloween zomg event item a few years ago, and I think even two years straight. You got it from killing Jack along with half of Gaia...lol.

And it IS worth it, as it increases drops (more/better drops from your kills)...I just came on myself to see if Jack has shown up in ZOMG yet...there are always "I found Jack!" threads here when it happens, and everybody runs to the server/map location indicated to work at killing him for whatever booty he drops (including tons of gold, especially for the first kill)...some people kill HUNDREDS of jacks during this event.

Does that help?

Dapper Lunatic

11,050 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • 50 Wins 150
[-Angst-]
I THINK the FF was a halloween zomg event item a few years ago, and I think even two years straight. You got it from killing Jack along with half of Gaia...lol.

And it IS worth it, as it increases drops (more/better drops from your kills)...I just came on myself to see if Jack has shown up in ZOMG yet...there are always "I found Jack!" threads here when it happens, and everybody runs to the server/map location indicated to work at killing him for whatever booty he drops (including tons of gold, especially for the first kill)...some people kill HUNDREDS of jacks during this event.

Does that help?

Yes, definitely! I actually had never heard of 'Jack' being in zOMG...but I will definitely keep a look out for him from now on! ^^ Thank you very much good sir.

Is there a chance that the ring will be dropped again this year from Jack, do you think?

Timid Bunny

you can get fortune favor-ring in the Easter event, or the marketpalce, ...not in-game... the ring dropped from Jack was Sugar Rush and it was during the 2k10-event

Chances that Jack will return this year is abysmal sad

Omnipresent Cultist

11,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Rebuilder 100
  • Brandisher 100
Instead of "Abysmal" read "Just not happening". It's MP only barring a decision from Gaia to rerelease the ring.

Omnipresent Cultist

11,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Rebuilder 100
  • Brandisher 100
Welsh Heron
[-Angst-]

Does that help?

Yes, definitely! I actually had never heard of 'Jack' being in zOMG...but I will definitely keep a look out for him from now on! ^^ Thank you very much good sir.

Is there a chance that the ring will be dropped again this year from Jack, do you think?

At this point, Gaia's already running the Halloween event. It's a forum event with shop trick or treating - nothing else is being done. No aquarium skins, no Towns trick or treating, no zOMG.

Loyal Wife

15,625 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
Jacks not coming this year.
& FF is only available via marketplace.

Shy Noob

During the Easter event you were able to get a Golden Egg and you use that to make a Regal Adornment Bundle. When you open it up you get the Fortune's Favor ring.

Now, the ring itself is a passive ring, so when you have it equipped it just magically works all by itself, just like Fitness.

At cl 10.0 it gives you a +40 Dodge and Accuracy bonus, and a +13 Luck bonus.

It's a very good ring, with the dodge bonus enemy attacks will miss more often, and with the accuracy bonus your attacks will miss less and you'll get critical hits more often.

And of course with the luck bonus you'll get better loot, and I think even a little bit more gold.
3nodding

Vicious Cutie-Pie

14,800 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
Sugar rush was last year's ring from Jack, right?
just to be sure. can you buy it because I want to make sure it isn't soulbound and you do not really get it if bought.
Kamon Keronji
just to be sure. can you buy it because I want to make sure it isn't soulbound and you do not really get it if bought.

Never soulbinds.

Sweetheart, Fortune's Favor, Sugar Rush are only rings equippable that can be sold on after finished with it.

Crows is almost certain it forgot one, however.
one more question. can you make it with alchemy if you have the regal adorment egg
Note: to get maximum use of Fortunes Favor ring. your ghi needs to be at 0. trust me tried village greens doing that and I was getting 20-22 GG per animated instead of the regular 10-12 GG and my item drops have tripled.

Omnipresent Cultist

11,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Rebuilder 100
  • Brandisher 100
Kamon Keronji
If you can buy it from the MP, you can use it. That's why there are still "regular" rings there - rings that are left over from 2008, before soulbinding went into effect.

They can be sold, they can be bought, they WILL soulbind upon first equippage, and if the ring doesn't go into your inventory after buying it (scroll down your in-game inventory - they tend to migrate way the hell down there) then it's a Marketplace glitch that needs to be dealt with by the Marketplace tasked Devs.
Cyrus Lurch
Kamon Keronji
If you can buy it from the MP, you can use it. That's why there are still "regular" rings there - rings that are left over from 2008, before soulbinding went into effect.

They can be sold, they can be bought, they WILL soulbind upon first equippage, and if the ring doesn't go into your inventory after buying it (scroll down your in-game inventory - they tend to migrate way the hell down there) then it's a Marketplace glitch that needs to be dealt with by the Marketplace tasked Devs.

thanks for that. but fyi I am never letting go of this ring. I didn't know it was a marketplace glitch but thanks because I will not buy another one since it is a glitch. don't want to get in trouble with the devs

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff