Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Conversationalist

14,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Champion 300
Anyone know which one helps with dark orbs in DMS? I've heard both... but I noticed Integrity wasn't 100% orb drop rate. Trying out Fortune's Favor now so I guess we'll see. It's annoying when the damn monsters don't drop an orb though. scream

Benevolent Codger

In terms of Orb drop rates, it's the Luck stat we're concerned with - comparing the two, Fortune's Favor grants 13 Luck compared to Integrity's 8. So, yes, Fortune's Favor will be the more effective option within that context. Do note, though, that neither is going to produce a 100% drop rate - I don't think a Luck bonus exists that can manage that.

Each point of Luck increases an item's drop rate by 1% - Fortune's Favor's 13 Luck, means that an item will drop 13% more often. Assuming Shadow Orbs have a base drop rate of 60% (chosen arbitrarily - I really don't know the rate), one would need 67 total Luck to to increase that up to 100% (60 * 1.67 = 100.2). Since the maximum Luck bonus we can currently achieve is much smaller than that - and the maximum amount practical within DMS is smaller, still - I don't believe that the goal of a 100% drop rate is currently attainable...
Even Fortune's Favor+Integrity+Fitness+Divinity+Coyote Spirit+Major Luck Boost =/= 100%

Liberal Conversationalist

9,650 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Red Kutai

In terms of Orb drop rates, it's the Luck stat we're concerned with - comparing the two, Fortune's Favor grants 13 Luck compared to Integrity's 8. So, yes, Fortune's Favor will be the more effective option within that context. Do note, though, that neither is going to produce a 100% drop rate - I don't think a Luck bonus exists that can manage that.

Each point of Luck increases an item's drop rate by 1% - Fortune's Favor's 13 Luck, means that an item will drop 13% more often. Assuming Shadow Orbs have a base drop rate of 60% (chosen arbitrarily - I really don't know the rate), one would need 67 total Luck to to increase that up to 100% (60 * 1.67 = 100.2). Since the maximum Luck bonus we can currently achieve is much smaller than that - and the maximum amount practical within DMS is smaller, still - I don't believe that the goal of a 100% drop rate is currently attainable...

Regardless, does Luck even affect orb drop rate?

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Nudist Colony 200
Red Kutai

Honestly, Wearing both Integ and FF puts the drop rate for shadow orbs pretty damn close to 100%, if not at 100%. When at CL 11.4 and buffs R4ed

Shameless Nerd

27,375 Points
  • Pie Trafficker 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Toasty Ermine
Red Kutai

yes, if i remember correctly it was originally supposed to only affect loot and orb drop rates, and then the devs switched it to affect gold too.

Destructive Bunny

UNSUB
Even Fortune's Favor+Integrity+Fitness+Divinity+Coyote Spirit+Major Luck Boost =/= 100%

Toss in angel set xd

FF + Integ is wonderful though, great for the crits if nothing else :3

Liberal Conversationalist

9,650 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
She-who-loves-hyphens
Toasty Ermine
Red Kutai

yes, if i remember correctly it was originally supposed to only affect loot and orb drop rates, and then the devs switched it to affect gold too.

Hmm. From now on were not getting anymore zomg updates correct?

Big Noob

Starshine
UNSUB

Toss in angel set xd

FF + Integ is wonderful though, great for the crits if nothing else :3
Crits are yummy.

Shameless Nerd

27,375 Points
  • Pie Trafficker 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Toasty Ermine
She-who-loves-hyphens
Toasty Ermine
Red Kutai

Hmm. From now on were not getting anymore zomg updates correct?
No updates is situation normal with zOMG, sadly, the odd thing is when someone says we will be getting updates, or gasp, actually get an update, it blind sides everyone and we go a little insane.

Girl-Crazy Sex Symbol

11,150 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Flatterer 200
Sevalle
Crits are yummy.

Was readign through this thread... TOTALLY read this wrong... burning_eyes

On topic: Uum... I really don't know a lot about ring stats. So the only thing I can add with certainty is that another way to up your drop rate of shadow orbs (I've heard around forums and found true in my experience while playing, but don't know if it's officially documented) is to make sure you are close in CL with the rest of your crew.

Big Noob

Robotic Chibi-tan
Sevalle
Crits are yummy.

Was readign through this thread... TOTALLY read this wrong... burning_eyes

On topic: Uum... I really don't know a lot about ring stats. So the only thing I can add with certainty is that another way to up your drop rate of shadow orbs (I've heard around forums and found true in my experience while playing, but don't know if it's officially documented) is to make sure you are close in CL with the rest of your crew.
ninja

Around 0.8 from the each other was said to be the best. 11.4 is another magic number for the yellow maze, but having some CL 10.0s in the crew seem to decrease drop rates.

Cold Creature

I'm usually use FF during yellow maze farming, average drop of shorbs is 7-8 out of 10 animated killed.FF + integ is 9-10 shorbs drop out of 10 animated killed. well,thats my drop though..

Benevolent Codger

Poyudi Hytori
Honestly, Wearing both Integ and FF puts the drop rate for shadow orbs pretty damn close to 100%, if not at 100%. When at CL 11.4 and buffs R4ed

It's worth noting that CL doesn't affect Luck in any way, so apart from conning issues, your CL shouldn't really matter. Nonetheless, after the ~39 Luck you're describing (Fortune's Favor, Integrity, Divinity, Coyote Spirit, and Major Luck Boost) is applied, the base drop rate would need to be ~72% in order to reach unity. That seems to be a little higher than experience dictates, but since there's been no strong data recorded, the margin-of-error is potentially rather large.

If I had to, I'd guess the base drop rate is somewhere around 66%, making your drop rate with the above Luck sources upwards of 90% - close enough, at least, to feel like a guarantee... 3nodding

Shameless Noob

15,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
girlwiththetude
Anyone know which one helps with dark orbs in DMS? I've heard both... but I noticed Integrity wasn't 100% orb drop rate. Trying out Fortune's Favor now so I guess we'll see. It's annoying when the damn monsters don't drop an orb though. scream

Fortune's favor gives 13 luck.
Integ gives 8 luck.

And OMG YES luck does affect orb drop rates. 3nodding

Integ helps more from a stat bonus perspective, Fortune's Favor helps more with orbs. xd
I just carry both. xd

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces