Welcome to Gaia! ::

Savage Fairy

24,600 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
MistressMinako
Starshine

I would also like to see a response to this post, why was it so hard to get communication beforehand?

Most of the developments and news relating to zOMG had to be pushed and spread by the community.

The fact that zOMG is no longer being produced should also be included as a mesasge on the zOMG client. It's only fair to the players. Someone could spend 5 million buying a sweetheart ring in preparation for the next map after DMS.

Personally I think we're due for a frank and honest site-wide announcement.

I've seen people in GCD and SF complain that they're not kept up on zOMG news (partially because zOMG is greeted with overwhelming apathy among Gaia users outside the z!F). The very least Gaia can do now is to own up to their mistake in trying to silently shift zOMG into "maintenance mode".

Oh, and as a side-note for the admins if anyone is reading this far; I really dislike your key phrases that I see pop up all the time. Things like "site integration" "hardcore user" "coveted" and now "maintenance mode". I would appreciate operational definitions, as I feel these words just create a curtain to hide behind.
This.^

Questionable Genius

Empress Boa
im ok with the decision and announcement. as long as they dont delete zomg entirely and I can still play,it's all good cool

Dear, that's not at all why we're upset. We're mad because of the possibility we have been lied to:

Destructive Bunny

MistressMinako

I've seen people in GCD and SF complain that they're not kept up on zOMG news (partially because zOMG is greeted with overwhelming apathy among Gaia users outside the z!F). The very least Gaia can do now is to own up to their mistake in trying to silently shift zOMG into "maintenance mode".

Oh, and as a side-note for the admins if anyone is reading this far; I really dislike your key phrases that I see pop up all the time. Things like "site integration" "hardcore user" "coveted" and now "maintenance mode". I would appreciate operational definitions, as I feel these words just create a curtain to hide behind.

I agree, but I don't think they had the guts to put up a site wide announcement.

I hope to be proved wrong.

Angelic Sex Symbol

30,200 Points
  • Married 100
  • Winged 100
  • Generous 100
Peachy_Girl_Momo
Nymph of Spring
boisterously_silent
It's good to see that our concerns are being recognized, though I'm not getting my hopes up for any satisfactory resolutions.

We've been repeatedly told, "The game is dying. You give us money, we give you content!" Time and time again, we've given money, and received incomplete (BB), useless (buddies), and glitchy (DMS), content with promises for future completion, uses, and fixes. These are things we have paid real money for, thinking that Gaia would have the sense to put people to work on content users already paid for. We bought BB passes thinking that the area would get finished. We bought buddies because they were supposed to have abilities in the future.

You must understand our frustration when we're told that none of those things will come to fruition because facebook is more lucrative for you. I do appreciate that we're finally being heard, but the responses we're getting are so dodgy, and it's really hard to know who we can trust.

Everything you *just* listed what our money was spent on, more than likely went into someones pocket.
neutral

Yup. The so-called features on this site are pathetic nowadays. All the money that users poured into zOMG, thinking that Gaia would be true to their word and get something done....where is it? It sure has hell hasn't been spent on zOMG. I too, am thinking it went into someone's black hole of a pocket.

If Gaia had a dislike button I swear...

Fluffy Bunny

20,325 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Fearsome 200
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Avant Garde 200
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Divine 500
Nymph of Spring

I remember back when zOMG was around in it's "Prime".. being dazed up in the cliffs of Otami and going "OMG DEFIB PLZ" and someone would ask where I was and come and help...

I remember those days too and I miss it. Out of my crew *which has been long disbanded and clan no more, i'm the only one who plays zomg nowadays. sweatdrop

User Image

epic crew XD

Angelic Sex Symbol

30,200 Points
  • Married 100
  • Winged 100
  • Generous 100
Empress Boa
Nymph of Spring

I remember back when zOMG was around in it's "Prime".. being dazed up in the cliffs of Otami and going "OMG DEFIB PLZ" and someone would ask where I was and come and help...

I remember those days too and I miss it. Out of my crew *which has been long disbanded and clan no more, i'm the only one who plays zomg nowadays. sweatdrop

User Image

epic crew XD
3nodding

Tipsy Explorer

9,375 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Mademoiselle Kit
We were promised figures. Is there a chance these figures will come to light?

You did not address whether or not zomg was making profit or not, the big issue about this. If Zomg was failing, give us the numbers. Otherwise, we are going to look at anything posted by a staff member in a skeptical light.

Since this concerns the game WE LOVE and its future, I'm afraid we will need cold, hard facts before we are satisfied. Was it in the black? Was it in the red? These conflicting statements are making it hard to trust anyone right now. I hope you can see the dilemma we are in.

We are going to need facts before we back down. If it was in the red, then why hide it? Show us, and while we will be sad, we will back down. But all this secrecy about the numbers is making me suspect the latter, and the idea that Gaia might be hiding this fact makes me very upset and angry.

I never wanted to believe Gaia would lie to me, but after this...well, I hope you can understand my dilemma. Only will facts before my eyes convince me otherwise.

In conclusion: Your post did not give us the answers we were seeking. Please try again.

I can't say enough how much I love the zeal you have for this. <3 I'm a stubborn b*****d (dark can testify), and I don't like backing down on something important to me. Seeing how passionately you stand up for this makes me feel like going outside the office and picketing at the entrance for statistics. But something I've been reminded of the last few days is that it's critical to weigh the benefit of an action against the cost.

Sharing zOMG's detailed numbers has the benefit of enlightening the community about why Gaia has to make certain decisions. I love the idea of everyone being able to see why we do what we do. It would add to community confidence and give people a better understanding of what it takes to run a business. But for people to understand why an engineer or artist would be assigned to zOMG or some other project, we'd need to share the financial details of those other projects as well. And if some of those projects were future projects, we'd need to share information about our past projects that were similar, specific marketing costs, user growth, expected revenue growth, etc. We'd end up basically divulging most of Gaia's financials.

And what's the cost of just opening up Gaia's books and sharing everything? Well, that one hits Gaia pretty hard. First off, this would be a huge invasion of some people's privacy. It would require posting salaries, expenses, and other things that allow people to figure out personal info of our staff. Even if we posted it anonymously it wouldn't be hard to figure out who makes what given that some projects have just one or two people on them.

Second, it would expose Gaia's plans and strategies to competitors. Gaia is trying to make money (which is good for everyone here) by making facebook and mobile games. We're also still being challenged by other forum sites. These markets are pretty cutthroat. If some company saw how much we spend per project, how efficient our marketing is, how much we make per player, how much we're investing in future products or a ton of other info that could be inferred, they'd have a huge advantage over us. There are thousands of ways they could use the knowledge to play our own game better than us. They could hit us where we are weak. They could copy what we do well. Gaia needs to keep its financial numbers within the company.

So I know you guys mean only the very best in demanding to see the numbers. And I admire your feistiness more than you know! But I already got too specific and it's not a good decision for Gaia to let that snowball. We need you guys to trust us on this one.

Gaia tries really hard to make decisions that a responsibly business would make. And we'll all do our best to hold each other accountable to this. Pirate's honor!

-Swarf
It's obvious to anyone with even a quarter of a brain that Gaia pulled a swifty on the zOMG fan base. They suckered people in by telling them, 'Buy the Amulets and we'll do something for zOMG'. So people bought the amulets. And Gaia did do something for zOMG. They sneakily shoved it to the back of the closet along with it's old pal, Booty Grab. This is like McDonalds saying "It's only $2 for a double cheeseburger", and when you open the wrapping, there's only a bun with some pickle slices inside. I honestly don't know how Gaia thinks it can keep lying to people and people will be like Jesus and turn the other cheek for another slap in the face. Gaia. This is some friendly advice: Stop with the lies and greediness. It's not doing you any favours at all. You need to get your head out of the piles of money and take a look around. The members of this site are FURIOUS. They are the ones who make you people rich. Without them, it's bye bye money. And without money, it's bye bye to your cushy life styles, which you have no doubt been living since the Cash Shop came out.

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
Silent As Shadows
Light Soprano
Silent As Shadows
Mademoiselle Kit
Silent As Shadows
Nymph of Spring
Am I the only one that's not entirely satisfied with this? neutral

No, I'm not satisfied either. This was a bullshit copout to get us to shut up.
I hope "they" don't expect us to forget about it over the weekend...

We will be an angry pack of wolves by Monday.

They do expect us to forget about it. Don't you know, that has been their game plan all along! That's what they have done every single time in the past. :/
One of the people who wrote the OP was swarf...and remember, he was the one who gave us the "inside info" beyond the false facts given in AtA before he deleted his thread.

(also, the only admins in the list of staff members DARKNRGY put at the end of the OP are Lanzer and Siskataya, so...I don't know why the thread title says "from the admins". I'm guessing "admin" used here is a collective term or something that has nothing to do with their actual job titles)

Do you -really- believe he helped write that? Considering what he said in his original post? And the fact his original post was taken down the next day? He SAYS he did it willingly, but most of us believe otherwise. Most of us feel he was threatened into it. This is no different.

You can't believe that swarf took down the thread willingly? Why do you keep assuming that swarf was threatened into taking down his thread? You make it seem like it's impossible that swarf would delete his thread out of his own free will.

Bitchboots's Prince

Girl-Crazy Man-Lover

Starshine
MistressMinako

I agree, but I don't think they had the guts to put up a site wide announcement.

Let me put it this way then:

Dear Gaia. I gave you free advertising in the form of con report in GCD based on the preview shown at Ohayocon. I have been promoting your new games even though I dislike Facebook on a personal level. I have also helped to boost the suggestion that ultimately put zOMG powerup bundles in the cash shop (it was OMFG Taylor's idea, but to my recollections, I brought it to Pan's attention and soon after the bundles were put into place). These actions and more have made you money over the last year, and will continue to make you money in the future.

Now please, for the love of any deity of your choice, nut up and make a site-wide announcement that you are putting zOMG on an indefinite hold and why you have come to this decision.

We shouldn't be doing your work for you.

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
Silent As Shadows
Light Soprano
Silent As Shadows
Light Soprano
Silent As Shadows
Mademoiselle Kit
I hope "they" don't expect us to forget about it over the weekend...

We will be an angry pack of wolves by Monday.

They do expect us to forget about it. Don't you know, that has been their game plan all along! That's what they have done every single time in the past. :/
One of the people who wrote the OP was swarf...and remember, he was the one who gave us the "inside info" beyond the false facts given in AtA before he deleted his thread.

(also, the only admins in the list of staff members DARKNRGY put at the end of the OP are Lanzer and Siskataya, so...I don't know why the thread title says "from the admins". I'm guessing "admin" used here is a collective term or something that has nothing to do with their actual job titles)

Do you -really- believe he helped write that? Considering what he said in his original post? And the fact his original post was taken down the next day? He SAYS he did it willingly, but most of us believe otherwise. Most of us feel he was threatened into it. This is no different.
And you don't work at Gaia, so there's no knowing whether he did it intentionally or whether he was forced to, and even if it was forced, we don't know who forced him to take it down--was it Lanzer? Was it the CEO? Was it another admin (doesn't seem like Siskataya, one of the contributors of this thread, would have done it since she seems to handle customer-related stuff, from the kinds of posts I've seen from her)? Definitely not Narumi, since he mentioned in the other thread that a lot of the decisions made were made before he became "the evil manager", and even then, he's a developer, not an admin. Pan, who's also one of the people who helped write the OP, is also a developer and along with Narumi, is among the only two devs who actually communicates with users on mainsite Gaia (yes, swarf and JK also communicate with us, but that's for the zOMG aspect).

No, I don't work for Gaia, but neither do you. And Gaia has a BAD habit of flat out lying to us. I have no confidence in this post being written by him. I think he was coerced into it.

It strikes me a VERY funny that almost every name on that list was dropped at some point in the other thread by users as admin that they trusted.

Except that the only admins on the list are Lanzer and Sistakaya. The rest are all developers.

Destructive Bunny

swarf

Then can we get a bracket statement of whether
a) zOMG had made an overall profit or loss during it's entire lifespan so far, including development costs.

and

b) if the last two financial years for zOMG the revenue exceeded the maintances and update costs.

Celebrating Gaian

swarf

I can't say enough how much I love the zeal you have for this. <3 I'm a stubborn b*****d (dark can testify), and I don't like backing down on something important to me. Seeing how passionately you stand up for this makes me feel like going outside the office and picketing at the entrance for statistics. But something I've been reminded of the last few days is that it's critical to weigh the benefit of an action against the cost.

Sharing zOMG's detailed numbers has the benefit of enlightening the community about why Gaia has to make certain decisions. I love the idea of everyone being able to see why we do what we do. It would add to community confidence and give people a better understanding of what it takes to run a business. But for people to understand why an engineer or artist would be assigned to zOMG or some other project, we'd need to share the financial details of those other projects as well. And if some of those projects were future projects, we'd need to share information about our past projects that were similar, specific marketing costs, user growth, expected revenue growth, etc. We'd end up basically divulging most of Gaia's financials.

And what's the cost of just opening up Gaia's books and sharing everything? Well, that one hits Gaia pretty hard. First off, this would be a huge invasion of some people's privacy. It would require posting salaries, expenses, and other things that allow people to figure out personal info of our staff. Even if we posted it anonymously it wouldn't be hard to figure out who makes what given that some projects have just one or two people on them.

Second, it would expose Gaia's plans and strategies to competitors. Gaia is trying to make money (which is good for everyone here) by making facebook and mobile games. We're also still being challenged by other forum sites. These markets are pretty cutthroat. If some company saw how much we spend per project, how efficient our marketing is, how much we make per player, how much we're investing in future products or a ton of other info that could be inferred, they'd have a huge advantage over us. There are thousands of ways they could use the knowledge to play our own game better than us. They could hit us where we are weak. They could copy what we do well. Gaia needs to keep its financial numbers within the company.

So I know you guys mean only the very best in demanding to see the numbers. And I admire your feistiness more than you know! But I already got too specific and it's not a good decision for Gaia to let that snowball. We need you guys to trust us on this one.

Gaia tries really hard to make decisions that a responsibly business would make. And we'll all do our best to hold each other accountable to this. Pirate's honor!

-Swarf

Thank you for saying this. Many users feel they have a right to know these things.
Also, I think this is Gaia's way of pushing features like zOMG out of the picture so they can focus more of gold sinks like alchemy.

Savage Fairy

24,600 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
MistressMinako
Starshine
MistressMinako

Let me put it this way then:

Dear Gaia. I gave you free advertising in the form of con report in GCD based on the preview shown at Ohayocon. I have been promoting your new games even though I dislike Facebook on a personal level. I have also helped to boost the suggestion that ultimately put zOMG powerup bundles in the cash shop (it was OMFG Taylor's idea, but to my recollections, I brought it to Pan's attention and soon after the bundles were put into place). These actions and more have made you money over the last year, and will continue to make you money in the future.

Now please, for the love of any deity of your choice, nut up and make a site-wide announcement that you are putting zOMG on an indefinite hold and why you have come to this decision.

We shouldn't be doing your work for you.
And a refund for people who bought the head-start tickets for Buccaneer Boardwalk.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff