Welcome to Gaia! ::

10,550 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
  • Invisibility 100
Y'know, about a year ago when the issue of devs being pulled off of zOMG! was brought up, the justification that Gaia HQ gave was that the company was having trouble at the time, recession and all, not bringing in enough cash in general, and that Gaia was going to have to reduce funding of NEW features for Gaia and refocus on maintaining Gaia's CORE features. And we believed them... I believed them. There was nothing in the statement that anyone had a problem with, it was understandable and the zOMG! community gave Gaia the shadow of the doubt. Do what you have to do to keep Gaia afloat.

...and then as the year progressed it became clear that it had all been a lie. Suddenly we have a NEW alchemy feature, and a NEW bidblast feature, not to mention NEW content for fishing (which I support but it's not a CORE feature). And devs kept being pulled off of zOMG...

Again and again and again we keep getting lied to. The relationship between Gaia and it's user base has become toxic and if you think it only affects zOMG players you are wrong. When a company repeatedly lies to it's users, makes false promises, and ignores their concerns it destroys the trust that the users have in that company.

Gaia and it's users used to have a REALLY positive relationship. That's why this place became so popular. Try to name another online hangout that has had the kind of relationship between the devs and users that Gaia has had...

The trust is gone. We can't expect for you guys to be honest with us anymore.

Destructive Bunny

Petit Marionette
So, as Gaia staff seems to have decided against a site-wide announcement about putting the game into maintenance mode (as has been requested dozens of times by users on the z!F), I have a question: Why did you decide not to make said announcement?

I would like to know too.

Bitchboots's Prince

Girl-Crazy Man-Lover

Starshine
Petit Marionette
So, as Gaia staff seems to have decided against a site-wide announcement about putting the game into maintenance mode (as has been requested dozens of times by users on the z!F), I have a question: Why did you decide not to make said announcement?

As would I.

Also, why was this thread unstickied so fast? It's not like the z!F is overflowing, what with you guys wanting to move us to the basement and all forum-wise just a scant few weeks ago.

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
MistressMinako
Starshine
Petit Marionette

As would I.

Also, why was this thread unstickied so fast? It's not like the z!F is overflowing, what with you guys wanting to move us to the basement and all forum-wise just a scant few weeks ago.

Staff / Admin,
If you are still following this thread and reading the above comments - think about your recent statements about how you realize you have not been doing a good enough job communicating with users and how you are working hard to remedy that.

It really does seem you only use the announcement system to sell items or announce stuff you think everyone will be happy to hear. Less popular news is still part of being good communicators. Otherwise you get what you have managed to already achieve - the belief by many users that you only tell us what you think we want to hear. I'm happy to have dev notices and ATA but you know a lot of folks don't follow those even though they should. It would only take you a few minutes to word a brief to the point announcement with a link to more info.
So, what happened to the update on the situation we were supposed to be getting? <<
Brinstar Angelus
So, what happened to the update on the situation we were supposed to be getting? <<

Also still no easy to see message saying zOMG is done for.. With some exceptions you people at Gaia HQ really do just want to suck our wallets dry don't you? >>

Destructive Bunny

Brinstar Angelus
Brinstar Angelus

Also still no easy to see message saying zOMG is done for.. With some exceptions you people at Gaia HQ really do just want to suck our wallets dry don't you? >>

I think... you might be spot on about that whee
As much as I hate to acknowledge that fact, yeah. this is most definitely not the first time this or something similar to this has happened to this site. As much as I dislike Blizzard for their horrid customer service, even they at least put on a facade of giving a s**t.. aside for a few devs, Gaia seems about as distant from this, as that Tardis is from reality. >__>

Destructive Bunny

Brinstar Angelus
As much as I hate to acknowledge that fact, yeah. this is most definitely not the first time this or something similar to this has happened to this site. As much as I dislike Blizzard for their horrid customer service, even they at least put on a facade of giving a s**t.. aside for a few devs, Gaia seems about as distant from this, as that Tardis is from reality. >__>
We need a doctor to save us sweatdrop
Starshine
Brinstar Angelus

I doubt even he would get his hands dirty with this topic >> lol. hes busy with all that wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff after all.

Destructive Bunny

Brinstar Angelus
Starshine
Brinstar Angelus

I doubt even he would get his hands dirty with this topic >> lol. hes busy with all that wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff after all.

So true xd corporate greed doesn't make exciting scifi shows emo

Familiar Friend

I'm actually very disappointed. sad
turtless
I'm actually very disappointed. sad

Oh? about the complete lack of shits being given? I agree.

Benevolent Codger

David2074
Staff / Admin,
If you are still following this thread and reading the above comments - think about your recent statements about how you realize you have not been doing a good enough job communicating with users and how you are working hard to remedy that.

It really does seem you only use the announcement system to sell items or announce stuff you think everyone will be happy to hear. Less popular news is still part of being good communicators. Otherwise you get what you have managed to already achieve - the belief by many users that you only tell us what you think we want to hear. I'm happy to have dev notices and ATA but you know a lot of folks don't follow those even though they should. It would only take you a few minutes to word a brief to the point announcement with a link to more info.

I'd be more willing to posit that the choice not to make a sitewide announcement is less motivated by avoiding public disapproval, than it is by public disinterest. zOMG! has a rather small dedicated community, and that community is centered strongly in the zOMG! Forum - outside of this Forum, strong interest in zOMG! is sparse, at best. While I keep hearing the claim resounded that an announcement 'needs' to be made, who precisely would that announcement be aimed at?

I understand that this feels like a major issue; and to the people who care about it - myself included - it really is. However, the announcement system was not created to distribute 'big news' (which is a subjective concept), but to distribute news that necessitates a wide audience. Unless there is a clear reason why a majority of Gaians need to see a mesage (and I see no such reason), announcements simply don't - and shouldn't - get made. Do you mind explaining what the goal would be, in communicating the message to such a broad userbase?

Hype Master

18,000 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
Red Kutai

I'd be more willing to posit that the choice not to make a sitewide announcement is less motivated by avoiding public disapproval, than it is by public disinterest.

I dunno about that. There was at least a dev notice when they weren't going to bring back Frontier Skies.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff