Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wealthy Genius

11,600 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Profitable 100
  • Market Browser 100
Gaia should quit all that Facebook stuff. This is Gaia. No one needs games that run anywhere else linked to here.

And enough money came in from people buying ZOMG items, so spend it wisely. And don't fool the Gaians and spend it on things they weren't promised.

Genius

swarf

Hold up. It's not entirely fair to say opportunity was let by. Monster Galaxy has been running two banners above its main game and that's already pushing it for screen real estate. To advertise zOMG would require replacing a banner spot or overlapping Moga UI. So it's not true that an opportunity was let by; but rather than a different opportunity was taken. Moga was, at all times, advertising other assets for Gaia or itself (through Applifier). The folks who chose the targets for the Moga ads are professionals and I trust them at what they do. If we could have added more value to Gaia as a whole by advertising zOMG instead of Zombie Farm, etc then I'm sorry. I know we don't always nail it. But, our ad team isn't sitting around ignoring things either.

Sure it may not be fair, as a more appropriate definition is to say the opportunity was foregone than let go, but that paragraph was written out of pure frustration really, I haven't been this frustrated over the fiasco than today. The idea I had in mind would have required a UI change anyways, however the potential gained would have far out weighed the cost of getting it done, it pales in comparison to the ad campaigns for zOMG. As for the banner spot, about 6 months ago its been all about MoGa, a banner for MoGa. It would have been more worthwhile to dedicate it to zOMG, especially when zOMG was getting a major update and needed reviving. Also whats the point of displaying a banner for MoGa when people are coming into play the game anyways, they don't need more patronising to play what they are playing on the same page. Months back there were barely any other Gaia published games and it would have been wiser to promote zOMG. Now we are getting a expansion of 5 published/created games from Gaia that are Facebook related, excluding MoGa, there is increased competition for zOMG if for say you guys do decide to promote it. It would be more beneficial if the other games recieve the exposure, currently it's Soul Crash, which I have played and couldnt enjoy because of the same old formula of energy spending to play, just killed the game for me there. When I speak of the opportunity being let by I speak of it in past tenses, where a renewed campaign should have tooken place at a certain time (when MoGa was receiving 20 million MAU). I'll end my there since it's difficult writing a response over the phone. If ever possible and you manage to cross paths with the ad guys, try talking about what I had in mind? And see if it would have been viable. I tend to speak very normatively with my idea, but I got no choice, I dont know what you guys knows. Sure it pays to show 3rd party related ads, but sometimes it pays to look after yourself.
Slightly tempted to screencap every page << j.i.c. stare
Reading through the thread, as a relative newcomer I have to say that the problem I see is a disingenuous staff unwilling to communicate with players. How do you expect us to react if you try and sweep the problem under the carpet, or spin everything you tell us? Why aren't the problems addressed by other users in this thread being reacted to? Why are MoGa and zOMG both being treated as separate things from Gaia?

It makes no sense, and frankly just looks like bad business.

Familiar Lunatic

Starshine
gataka

web ad screenshot
Sep 09. Fan Dumb + zOMG! made me laugh, so I took a screen shot. And TvTropes is awesome :U

Oh god, thank you for taking a screenshot.

Worst ad banner ever emotion_facepalm
But there's a Gnome and the Gnome compels you! D:

Could you do better? Let's make it a contest : O

Destructive Bunny

gataka
Starshine
gataka

web ad screenshot
Sep 09. Fan Dumb + zOMG! made me laugh, so I took a screen shot. And TvTropes is awesome :U

We should. Seeing that banner on Gaia may be cool, but on any other site it makes me think "LOL Kongate shootem up game".

There are awesome artworks of Blaze and Nicu, and wonderful backgrounds on almost every map. Thy should have been used.

Winged Storyteller

62,425 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Starshine
gataka
Starshine
gataka

web ad screenshot

We should. Seeing that banner on Gaia may be cool, but on any other site it makes me think "LOL Kongate shootem up game".

There are awesome artworks of Blaze and Nicu, and wonderful backgrounds on almost every map. Thy should have been used.

Do I detect a contest of "Create a zOMG Ad Banner" coming on?

Destructive Bunny

Berryfarmer

I'd make the contest if I have faith I'll still be here when the contest concludes.
Starshine
Berryfarmer

I'd make the contest if I have faith I'll still be here when the contest concludes.

Why wouldn't you be here?

Destructive Bunny

The Sound Synesthete
Starshine
Berryfarmer

Because seeing the mismanagement and ongoing mishandling of zOMG makes me question Gaia's ability, ethics, and future as a company. If it was a public company and I had shares I would be very worried that none of it's staff are on the same page and they can't handle their customers concerns well enough not to creat a PR disaster.

Seeing it's a private company and I'm merely another customer, the most I can do is leave when I'm dissatisfied. ^^
Starshine
The Sound Synesthete
Starshine
Berryfarmer

Because seeing the mismanagement and ongoing mishandling of zOMG makes me question Gaia's ability, ethics, and future as a company. If it was a public company and I had shares I would be very worried that none of it's staff are on the same page and they can't handle their customers concerns well enough not to creat a PR disaster.

Seeing it's a private company and I'm merely another customer, the most I can do is leave when I'm dissatisfied. ^^

True enough, I suppose. I can understand that, but hopefully you'll forgive me if I say that's a real shame.

That said, I think, for now, such a contest would be a good thing for the forum and for the community here right now. A little creative, happy, optimistic spirit could help, don't you think?

Destructive Bunny

The Sound Synesthete

I always try to be faithful to my commitments though, so I wouldn't start anything I don't have confidence in finishing :3

I'm really still around to see how they resolve the BB ticket issue.

Nerd

If this isn't going to be a sticky anymore, can it please be added to the zOMG! Forum Archives?

Hype Master

18,000 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
Bump for views.
*Is still wondering why the main page doesn't say anything about all of this.*

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash