Welcome to Gaia! ::

Omnileech

thanks!

Fluffy Otaku

Omnileech

i knew it i knew it...i knew i was already subscribed to this thing!!! (to read in it's entirety someday XD )

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300

Dapper Smoker

9,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Befriended 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Bump. The floodgates are open.

Winged Storyteller

62,425 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I think this needs a bump back up to front page with all the DMS questions floating around now.

Hygienic Genius

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I'm loathe to admit that I've never read this guide until today, and I'm quite ashamed...Not dwelling on the past...

I'd like to know about gathering aggro points as a DPSer. I've noticed certain rings will aggro the enemy more than others at faster rates. From my experience, the fastest aggro-stealer seems to be Shark Attack. Could you please provide something that could explain what can cause a switch in aggro as far as attacking goes?

Will Hornet's Nest EVER be efficient in DMS...? How LOW does it rank? [I don't know why, but I love the spreading effect...I feel like it'd be good against BBs]

I'll ask more questions the more experimental I get with DMS...

Shameless Noob

15,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Guns doesn't have mediocre DPS. rolleyes
About same as bump. xd Just the extra stamina cost on guns is a little annoying.

Glad you put space trooper set up there though. cool

Shameless Noob

15,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Quintessential Archetype
I'm loathe to admit that I've never read this guide until today, and I'm quite ashamed...Not dwelling on the past...

I'd like to know about gathering aggro points as a DPSer. I've noticed certain rings will aggro the enemy more than others at faster rates. From my experience, the fastest aggro-stealer seems to be Shark Attack. Could you please provide something that could explain what can cause a switch in aggro as far as attacking goes?

Will Hornet's Nest EVER be efficient in DMS...? How LOW does it rank? [I don't know why, but I love the spreading effect...I feel like it'd be good against BBs]

I'll ask more questions the more experimental I get with DMS...

I hate Aggro -- a miniguide

Shark attack sucks, so it won't steal aggro much. O.o;

Ring stat guide -- Hornet's nest always has, and probably always will.. suck even worse than sharks. crying HWB is much nicer. ^^

Omnipresent Warlord

Quote:

There's two types of aggro stealing

1)The entire room
2) One enemy
3) Whoever has aggro is under the effect of sleep or root

Enough rapid succession high damage hits from an attack like mantis, hack or fire rain can probably get one enemy aggroed on an attacker

The entire room takes considerably more and which is why healers tend to have enemy's aggro with heals or quicksand or even tape. You would have to spam AoEs to even come close to stealing aggro for an entire room

Losing Iron Will or having a low ghi will result in getting root from werewolves and Big Dogs can root. Kamila has sleep.

Quote:

What Hornets nest does is produce a large AoE with damage or time with a chance to fear enemies causing them to run or fly away at higher rage ranks. It also has a high stamina cost and a lengthy cooldown.

Raging it rarely fears bats because Bats have an immense amount of willpower and that means the one thing hornets nest might be useful for in DMS doesn't really work.

Furthermore the damage is really low compared to other rings. It's a bad ring to bring to DMS.
I have a most basic question that I have not yet seen answered:

Where is Deadman's Shadow located? How do you enter? (I know about the blood amulet requirement, but when it's open to everyone, where do you go?)

Thank you.

5,100 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
like you said on the beginning of the forum, they are pretty useful, but don't you think it's a little bit difficult to reach cl12 on a ring? (Just my opinion, hope you guys to respect ^^)

Omnipresent Warlord

Trafalga
I have a most basic question that I have not yet seen answered:

Where is Deadman's Shadow located? How do you enter? (I know about the blood amulet requirement, but when it's open to everyone, where do you go?)

Thank you.

Dead man's pass in lower left corner

lulubuu
like you said on the beginning of the forum, they are pretty useful, but don't you think it's a little bit difficult to reach cl12 on a ring? (Just my opinion, hope you guys to respect ^^)

Just takes a little time and effort.

Hygienic Genius

Hashtable

Thank you for responding. I'll be sure to read the links you've posted.

I'll have to kindly disagree with you on Shark Attack, though. It has an amazing bleed effect, and when it's raged and you hit the enemy with critical points, I've gotten about 1.4k on the hit alone, not adding the bleed [which was about 500 more HP to the total damage dealt to the enemy. That's a total of nearly 2k against an enemy]. The only unfortunate thing about the ring is that it was intended to also have a root effect but that attribute is 'broken' so to speak. In instances, for example, when I am DPSing with Shark Attack and I'm up against an NF, I have to refrain from using Shark at any rage level because as soon as I do, NF instantly starts attacking other players.

But thanks otherwise!

Omnileech

Thanks for responding. I understand; and I'm seeing that Hornet's was never really a good ring to bring to any area of zOMG. Either way, it seems it's time I sit and read all of the guides thoroughly. And that spreadsheet you've compiled as well is a bit, mmm, intense...

But thanks.

Shy Noob

I have some questions about tanking Kamila's first form.

If someone brings cl12 Iron Will, is having Fitness by itself enough willpower to not get slept?

How long should I let Kamila attack before it's ok for everyone else to start attacking?
And should knife be used at all while I'm trying to get aggro? If so, when and what rage rank?

About when should the back up healer jump in? With Wish or Bandage? Should they rage their heals at all? (Probably with no Sweetheart)

And on the first screen (where you walk in from the HPR) isn't it possible to ninja the top coffin by Kamila? But the one on the top left has to still be alive? I think that's what I heard.

Oh, also is it worth it to bring any kind of crowd control? Either as the tank or anyone else in the crew?

Shameless Noob

15,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Quintessential Archetype
Even with bleed, sharks still have the lowest DPS of all the non-AoE attacks. ;o The damage is decent, but the cool down and stamina cost are horrid.. @___@

Even hunter's bow can kill things faster than sharks. D=

If you have rage, use it on hack and maybe hit ~3500 (counting bleed). emotion_awesome

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff