Versatile Sweetheart

12,775 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Partygoer 500
  • Object of Affection 150
SpikeyZangetsu
Vyce Kuro
SpikeyZangetsu
This doesn't even make since they should have loads of funding to hire new people to do this from all the G cash the users buy including me a few times .

I do agree. Sadly, logic and Gaia generally don't go hand in hand.

I agree but hopefully if they do bring back Zomg to what it used to be maybe they can increase gold earned by monsters and make new rings and levels more events.That would excite more people to play it again. smile

It would be very nice if they did, but at this point, we're lucky we even have zomg up at all. They let go of all the devs who could work on zomg/ knew what they were doing with zomg. At this point, I fear zomg already has one foot in the grave and its only a matter of time before they fully pull the plug. crying

Original Gaian

12,625 Points
  • Married 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Iraxi_Rayne
Ie Batman
Nope, no more events. there are user run events, but no more in game ones. HQ dun curr about zOMG! anymore, it's not the cash cow they thought it was gunna be.

I personally feel that this is mainly because they were haphazard in structuring the economy. EG, powerups and alchemy being the only dedicated cash flow into Zomg. If they'd had more diverse items to buy, like special rings, or even a small monthly fee, the cash would flow more directly into Zomg rather than being split and channeled through cash shop.

Even still, I don't think Gaia really realizes the potential of Zomg.
What it comes down to is they know they can make the money fastest through cash shop items and sponsored games,
so that's where they focused.

EDIT - Unfortunately I also agree that logic and Gaia do not seem to go hand in hand...
When Zomg eventually goes dark forever, I will have lost most of the reason I play Gaia at all,
as I believe will be the case with a significant number of others.
Who knows, maybe that would be the thing to get their attention in the end...

Thank you for your reply. smile I agree with you.

Original Gaian

12,625 Points
  • Married 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Vyce Kuro
SpikeyZangetsu
Vyce Kuro
SpikeyZangetsu
This doesn't even make since they should have loads of funding to hire new people to do this from all the G cash the users buy including me a few times .

I do agree. Sadly, logic and Gaia generally don't go hand in hand.

I agree but hopefully if they do bring back Zomg to what it used to be maybe they can increase gold earned by monsters and make new rings and levels more events.That would excite more people to play it again. smile

It would be very nice if they did, but at this point, we're lucky we even have zomg up at all. They let go of all the devs who could work on zomg/ knew what they were doing with zomg. At this point, I fear zomg already has one foot in the grave and its only a matter of time before they fully pull the plug. crying
I hope they do keep it going.

Hilarious Sex Symbol

8,050 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Beta Critic 0
Felis Hircus

Yes. That's how a social site is supposed to work. But Gaia expects everything on the site to pay for itself. So unless the game can make an astronomical amount of money for Gaia doing next to nothing for the game, they won't consider it worth it.

true that, money over loyalty.

Nimble Wolf

28,875 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Invisibility 100
I'd love if they did ANYTHING for the holiday. McTaggert is currently doing absolutely nothing. It'd be pretty awesome if we could go egg-golfing, or he randomly gives us a daily reward of some useless past event item. The site could even dress him for the occasion.

Original Gaian

12,625 Points
  • Married 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100
III_of_Wands
I'd love if they did ANYTHING for the holiday. McTaggert is currently doing absolutely nothing. It'd be pretty awesome if we could go egg-golfing, or he randomly gives us a daily reward of some useless past event item. The site could even dress him for the occasion.
Indeed!!! : D
Cliffto
Felis Hircus

Yes. That's how a social site is supposed to work. But Gaia expects everything on the site to pay for itself. So unless the game can make an astronomical amount of money for Gaia doing next to nothing for the game, they won't consider it worth it.

It's not about Loyalty. It's about doing their job. Pixels don't cost 15-75$ to create. The reason they do is because part of that money is supposed to come back to the site in the form of games and features which isn't happening anymore. It's why I discourage people from spending money on this site as they're only being cheated every time they do.
Felis Hircus
Cliffto
Felis Hircus

It's not about Loyalty. It's about doing their job. Pixels don't cost 15-75$ to create. The reason they do is because part of that money is supposed to come back to the site in the form of games and features which isn't happening anymore. It's why I discourage people from spending money on this site as they're only being cheated every time they do.

Yes people are paying for cash just for gold? May as well make all the items a cash item because at this point gold is pointless. And they clearly want all the money so why not?
Also, with all the people spending real money for pixels it isn't going anywhere but their pockets.
Anyways, this shows you all the scams companies put out in the market for consumers.
People will buy them anyways from repackaged goods to deals and sales that actually are the goods retail price. It will make people think they are getting good deals and something new when they aren't.
Again, even if Gaia did retire the gold generators then what? There is simply too much gold in circulation that nothing will change if the amounts just change hands, Gaia would need to directly offer something priced heavily then retire those batch of gold.
But this is asking too much from all the tell-tales of marketing scams that Gaia employs. May as well use the header for a big banner saying "We just want your money".
Not a very good business model I say.
0101001101101111X
Felis Hircus
Cliffto
Felis Hircus

Yes people are paying for cash just for gold? May as well make all the items a cash item because at this point gold is pointless. And they clearly want all the money so why not?
Also, with all the people spending real money for pixels it isn't going anywhere but their pockets.
Anyways, this shows you all the scams companies put out in the market for consumers.
People will buy them anyways from repackaged goods to deals and sales that actually are the goods retail price. It will make people think they are getting good deals and something new when they aren't.
Again, even if Gaia did retire the gold generators then what? There is simply too much gold in circulation that nothing will change if the amounts just change hands, Gaia would need to directly offer something priced heavily then retire those batch of gold.
But this is asking too much from all the tell-tales of marketing scams that Gaia employs. May as well use the header for a big banner saying "We just want your money".
Not a very good business model I say.

It's actually working quite well for them or they wouldn't be doing it despite taking such a hit to their long term reputation. Gaia was just always a company that had the talent but not the brains. So they made some cool stuff but could never make any money out of them. Now. The only way they can make money is through cheating the loyal fans they made through all the cool stuff they once did. Kinda sad, but good will doesn't make for a good credit score.
Anything to get you Gaians off of my lawn

Hilarious Sex Symbol

8,050 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Beta Critic 0
Felis Hircus
Cliffto
Felis Hircus

It's not all about loyalty, but I believe partially the loyalty hides inside. And I know pixels dont cost 15$-75$, but back then gaia could survive with a few g-cash stuffs.

Shady Bro

39,375 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
do you really expect gaia to care about zomg again

im just scared that they could close it down whenever
Cliffto
Felis Hircus
Cliffto
Felis Hircus

It's not all about loyalty, but I believe partially the loyalty hides inside. And I know pixels dont cost 15$-75$, but back then gaia could survive with a few g-cash stuffs.

They were surviving just fine up until a year ago with few sales when they had more than twice the amount of staff and were spending millions on making games and features. So what is it that they're doing now that requires so much money?

Commander in Chief

Felis Hircus
Cliffto
Felis Hircus
Cliffto
Felis Hircus

They were surviving just fine up until a year ago with few sales when they had more than twice the amount of staff and were spending millions on making games and features. So what is it that they're doing now that requires so much money?
Did you know that if you are a human that you are about to be taken over by animals on my birthday and we might boop you on the nose with a paper if you get out of control? Ok, have a gift and byebye!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff