Welcome to Gaia! ::

Original Gaian

12,625 Points
  • Married 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100
I love the Easter egg hunt and golden egg search zomg does but last year they didn't have it. Does anyone know if they will this year? I'm guessing the won't because they no longer add levels or updates.

Original Gaian

12,625 Points
  • Married 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Bump emotion_brofist
Nope. No more zOMG! devs around to activate it.

Original Gaian

12,625 Points
  • Married 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Felis Hircus
Aw man really? Do they ever get new people to start it up?
SpikeyZangetsu
Felis Hircus

They need to be constantly reminded that the game still exists and needs constant cycling of the servers. So asking for an event would be pushing your luck. sweatdrop

Original Gaian

12,625 Points
  • Married 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Felis Hircus
SpikeyZangetsu
Felis Hircus

They need to be constantly reminded that the game still exists and needs constant cycling of the servers. So asking for an event would be pushing your luck. sweatdrop

True but zomg came out late after gaiaonline was created so maybe they will make some upgrades later or maybe not lol.

Vicious Prophet

Bloodthirsty Demon

24,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Noble Shade 100
SpikeyZangetsu
Felis Hircus
SpikeyZangetsu
Felis Hircus

True but zomg came out late after gaiaonline was created so maybe they will make some upgrades later or maybe not lol.
They'd have to hire new developers for this game to see updates. Plus, unless they were some of the old devs, they'd have to learn the game's old code to even begin to understand where to place what.

Original Gaian

12,625 Points
  • Married 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100
This doesn't even make since they should have loads of funding to hire new people to do this from all the G cash the users buy including me a few times .

Prince Asty's Partner In Crime

Sexy Goat

19,900 Points
  • Distrustul Officer 50
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Canny Agent 50
Nope, no more events. there are user run events, but no more in game ones. HQ dun curr about zOMG! anymore, it's not the cash cow they thought it was gunna be.
SpikeyZangetsu
This doesn't even make since they should have loads of funding to hire new people to do this from all the G cash the users buy including me a few times .

Yes. That's how a social site is supposed to work. But Gaia expects everything on the site to pay for itself. So unless the game can make an astronomical amount of money for Gaia doing next to nothing for the game, they won't consider it worth it.

Versatile Sweetheart

12,775 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Partygoer 500
  • Object of Affection 150
SpikeyZangetsu

I do agree. Sadly, logic and Gaia generally don't go hand in hand.

Generous Rogue

10,900 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Ie Batman
Nope, no more events. there are user run events, but no more in game ones. HQ dun curr about zOMG! anymore, it's not the cash cow they thought it was gunna be.

I personally feel that this is mainly because they were haphazard in structuring the economy. EG, powerups and alchemy being the only dedicated cash flow into Zomg. If they'd had more diverse items to buy, like special rings, or even a small monthly fee, the cash would flow more directly into Zomg rather than being split and channeled through cash shop.

Even still, I don't think Gaia really realizes the potential of Zomg.
What it comes down to is they know they can make the money fastest through cash shop items and sponsored games,
so that's where they focused.

EDIT - Unfortunately I also agree that logic and Gaia do not seem to go hand in hand...
When Zomg eventually goes dark forever, I will have lost most of the reason I play Gaia at all,
as I believe will be the case with a significant number of others.
Who knows, maybe that would be the thing to get their attention in the end...

Original Gaian

12,625 Points
  • Married 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Vyce Kuro
SpikeyZangetsu

I do agree. Sadly, logic and Gaia generally don't go hand in hand.

I agree but hopefully if they do bring back Zomg to what it used to be maybe they can increase gold earned by monsters and make new rings and levels more events.That would excite more people to play it again. smile

Magnetic Cat

SpikeyZangetsu
I agree but hopefully if they do bring back Zomg to what it used to be maybe they can increase gold earned by monsters and make new rings and levels more events.That would excite more people to play it again. smile

Gaia only wants money (see all the gold generators released daily on the GC shop). zOMG! doesn't give them enough money. We have like 0,0000001% probabilites of getting any update on zOMG! again. If they cared about zOMG! they wouldn't have fired the devs.
I might sound pessimistic, but that's the truth...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff