Welcome to Gaia! ::

let's stop wasting energy on this, shall we?

lets just try and get along with eachother :3 0.34710743801653 34.7% [ 42 ]
but i loooove hating >:o 0.041322314049587 4.1% [ 5 ]
i dont care at all, i am just that cool. 0.1900826446281 19.0% [ 23 ]
i used to care, but it made me numb. 0.066115702479339 6.6% [ 8 ]
luze, you are seeing things that arent there, now take your meds and shut up 0.066115702479339 6.6% [ 8 ]
calm down, there are higher reasons for everything, just have faith 0.0082644628099174 0.8% [ 1 ]
but these elitists make me sooooo maaadddd! 0.074380165289256 7.4% [ 9 ]
but these anti-elitists make me even madder! 0.041322314049587 4.1% [ 5 ]
the word elisitsts makes me auto-mad! *auto-downvotes* 0.041322314049587 4.1% [ 5 ]
i never heard of elitists in the zomg community 0.12396694214876 12.4% [ 15 ]
Total Votes:[ 121 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Krowenstein's Waifu

Bloblike Duck

28,000 Points
  • Canny Agent 50
  • Team Rina 200
  • Space Blob Recruit 50
User Image
[♥] [♠] [♥]
▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬

I didn't have a decent PC when zOMG came out, even when I was helping with Beta, however I have had the laptop I currently have for two years now and even though I could very well play and beat the game now, I'm very lax about it. Why? Well for one I'm not too keen on MMOs because of the level of time it takes to do certain things, but also when you need to do something with a group it's a pain because you either have people who want to do their own thing, are overbearing or don't take things seriously to a certain extent while still trying to have fun. It's frustrating and annoying and takes away from the point of playing.

At the same time, it's foolish and unfair to excuse people of such behavior when they haven't done anything. Same applies for anyone who actually does said behavior with some who try to deny it when they know they do and others who wear it like a badge. This doesn't just apply to zOMG or any other game on the site, but in community as a whole and is a mentality that can be see across other messageboards on other sites and games. It's absurd and ridiculous, and a waste of energy. It's one thing to gloat, it's another to do so with the intent of making everyone around you feel like crude on purpose.

Also McCormick is a fine example of everything I just mentioned less he is being sarcastic.

▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬
[♠] [♥] [♠]
User Image

Dangerous Vampire

What is this ?
rofl

Newbie Conversationalist

When you think about it, its the haters who essentially 'created' elitist.
They're the ones who put a name to their behavior, and they're the ones who let the 'elitists' dominate them ( If you get mad or upset at something they did, you're no better than them getting upset/mad at you for ******** up, thus you're letting them control you and your emotions. )

Their hate comes from the feeling of inferiority, so they demand everyone as 'equals', so there is no elitism and what not. But by saying and thinking this, they're admitting that they are of lesser quality than an elitist, which is probably true because with all of the ring set ups and positions and styles, no one is really 'equal'.

When did the thought of 'elitism' pass around zOMG? When someone called another player an elitist, not because the player claimed it. Most of it is trolling.
But honestly, if someone wont be friends with you because of a status, then you're better off without their judgments.

Popular Noob

Stupid people shouldn't be allowed on the internet. Oh, hey, it's p***s. c;

Savage Tactician

22,040 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Olympian 200
I didn't read that.

I read the title tho!

The elitists retired already, right? neutral

Rainbow Hunter

Quote:

why do i type this out? because this just happened to me, friends i was going to help with their first kam kill accusing me of being an elitist for pointing out we need to use ghi amps to play bloodlust and by trying to find a tank to tank bloodlust for them i supposedly tried to take over their crew and bring in my so called elitist friends. please ...

Hmmm.
I think the use of the word "elitists" in your title and in your OP, is a bit of a red herring that might lead some posters astray from the actual issues you are trying to address here.

The problems, as I see them, are as follows:
- if people, who have progressed a bit further in the game than others, do NOT make themselves available to help others, they are being hated on for being "selfish".
- if same people DO try to help others, they run into a brick wall of stubbornness and ignorance of those others sometimes.

From the part I quoted, it sounds like some people are upset at the fact that one needs powerups and some planning to beat Bloodlust; that this part of the game is not as casual as the rest of zOMG!. They find that somehow overdone and frustrating, and take that frustration out on you: a typical case of "Blame the messenger". That is just like some of us here in the forum are sometimes receiving the hate for pointing out that soulbound rings cannot be sold (to give a really inane example).

But the main issue, of course, is that people need to learn to be a bit more polite and grateful for the help they receive. They should not take it for granted, nor criticize those who are trying to help them! I don't care what names they call them - be it "elitist", "condescending jackass" or "bulb celery" - there should be no namecalling AT ALL! "Thank you" is the appropriate answer if someone who is more experienced than you gives you advice, people!!!

Omnipresent Warlord

Quote:
But the main issue, of course, is that people need to learn to be a bit more polite and grateful for the help they receive. They should not take it for granted, nor criticize those who are trying to help them! I don't care what names they call them - be it "elitist", "condescending jackass" or "bulb celery" - there should be no namecalling AT ALL! "Thank you" is the appropriate answer if someone who is more experienced than you gives you advice, people!!!

Notoriety comes with prominence. I've helped more people get Kam kills in than I can keep track of, for each run I spend massive amounts of money on superchargers if I'm tanking, I am patience, give as clear direction as I can when I'm leader and when I'm not leader I try to not step on the toes of the person in charge. I also would rather leave a crew than be a part of a hijacking. For my trouble I'm considered an elitist and hated by a lot of people, including people I have never met.

Oh yeah, and a certain piece of s**t Space cow (you know who you are) has taken it on himself to spread hateful lies about every one of my friends, too.

Whether someone is a "condescending jackass" or being a helpful, nice, person doesn't really matter in the long run. People end up treating you the same anyways.

cxnceited's Senpai

Omnipresent Spirit

17,900 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
every time someone makes a topic about elitism in the z!F,

a redheaded stepchild gets punched.
Grunny think you have strange dictionary. Here is dictionary of Grunny:

Quote:
e·lit·ist [ih-lee-tist]
adjective
(of a person or class of persons) considered superior by others or by themselves, as in intellect, talent, power, wealth, or position in society: elitist country clubbers who have theirs and don't care about anybody else.
catering to or associated with an elitist class, its ideologies, or its institutions: Even at such a small, private college, Latin and Greek are under attack as too elitist.
noun
a person having, thought to have, or professing superior intellect or talent, power, wealth, or membership in the upper echelons of society: He lost a congressional race in Texas by being smeared as an Eastern elitist.
a person who believes in the superiority of an elitist class.

Grunny think those cliques who turn up with ring glitch, who only want to crew with people who also abuse glitch, were elitist. They believe implicitly in own superiority and snub everyone else. They all over Gaia, and most of them abject newbies who follow other newbies and fail often at simplest things.

TCL players, who only crew people of high TCL on wrong assumption of more experience, also type of elitist. Bigger number, more 'superior', they think.

Person who play more, know more about area and offer knowledge to group to ensure success not elitist, unless they stick only with own group and pooh-pooh everyone else as if they inferior. Grunny think what you got here is not elite-haters, but type of anti-intellectualism. People not able to stand concept of other people who know more than them about favourite subject, so they accuse of being 'elite' or 'superior' or 'talking down', when advice offered in good faith.

Best course of action is say 'Sorry you feel that way. I stay out here and let you get on with things. Give call if need help.' After their crew suffer wipe after wipe without guidence, they either forced to admit own idiocy, or give up and go away baaawing.

Frankly, if Grunny friends accused Grunny of elitism when only offer advice, Grunny not really care which option they do. Might even join other crew while friends find out what repeated failure feel like.

Versatile Cutesmasher

=_=
WHy can't you just let sleeping dogs lie.

Rainbow Hunter

Omnileech
Quote:

Notoriety comes with prominence. I've helped more people get Kam kills in than I can keep track of, for each run I spend massive amounts of money on superchargers if I'm tanking, I am patience, give as clear direction as I can when I'm leader and when I'm not leader I try to not step on the toes of the person in charge. I also would rather leave a crew than be a part of a hijacking. For my trouble I'm considered an elitist and hated by a lot of people, including people I have never met.

Oh yeah, and a certain piece of s**t Space cow (you know who you are) has taken it on himself to spread hateful lies about every one of my friends, too.

Whether someone is a "condescending jackass" or being a helpful, nice, person doesn't really matter in the long run. People end up treating you the same anyways.

Omnileech, from the very little I have had the pleasure to see you in-game, I could tell you have the patience of a saint. We did not even get to run together because the crew was not working out before they had even started - but you waited for quite a while with us in the hopes that we would get started! Thanks again for trying, that time. heart

Also, I am not saying anyone even *is* being a condescending jackass - not what I was saying at all. I was merely using that as an example of the many names that can be called. And saying that in the end, it does not matter *what* names are being called: no names should be called at all!

Additionally and to get back to something else that was said in the OP: the paranoia that seems to exist about "people hijacking crews" is indeed a problem. It leads beginners to being suspicious any time a more experienced person suggests to add certain friends to the crew. Not helpful at all, that, either. There seems to be a serious amount of distrust going around. sad
Mayakashi Minshuu
=_=

For a second there, Grunny worried that he'd inadvertently necro'd thread, and went through posts looking at dates. Not first time it happen. Please not panic Grunny like that. >.<

Rainbow Hunter

VS Anonymous Benefactor
Grunny think you have strange dictionary. Here is dictionary of Grunny:

Quote:
e·lit·ist [ih-lee-tist]
adjective
(of a person or class of persons) considered superior by others or by themselves, as in intellect, talent, power, wealth, or position in society: elitist country clubbers who have theirs and don't care about anybody else.
catering to or associated with an elitist class, its ideologies, or its institutions: Even at such a small, private college, Latin and Greek are under attack as too elitist.
noun
a person having, thought to have, or professing superior intellect or talent, power, wealth, or membership in the upper echelons of society: He lost a congressional race in Texas by being smeared as an Eastern elitist.
a person who believes in the superiority of an elitist class.

Grunny think those cliques who turn up with ring glitch, who only want to crew with people who also abuse glitch, were elitist. They believe implicitly in own superiority and snub everyone else. They all over Gaia, and most of them abject newbies who follow other newbies and fail often at simplest things.

TCL players, who only crew people of high TCL on wrong assumption of more experience, also type of elitist. Bigger number, more 'superior', they think.

Person who play more, know more about area and offer knowledge to group to ensure success not elitist, unless they stick only with own group and pooh-pooh everyone else as if they inferior. Grunny think what you got here is not elite-haters, but type of anti-intellectualism. People not able to stand concept of other people who know more than them about favourite subject, so they accuse of being 'elite' or 'superior' or 'talking down', when advice offered in good faith.

Best course of action is say 'Sorry you feel that way. I stay out here and let you get on with things. Give call if need help.' After their crew suffer wipe after wipe without guidence, they either forced to admit own idiocy, or give up and go away baaawing.

Frankly, if Grunny friends accused Grunny of elitism when only offer advice, Grunny not really care which option they do. Might even join other crew while friends find out what repeated failure feel like.

Memory thinks Grunny makes helluva lot of sense. 3nodding

Seeker

The elitists retired already.

You're addressing a different topic altogether.
I think you may want to change your topic, or alter your statement a bit. 3nodding
Or stop bringing up the topic of elitists altogether, preferably.

Alien Lightbringer

Mayakashi Minshuu
=_=

because apparently it's not really a sleeping dog x.x getting confronted with false accusations out of nowhere shows there is an issue going on still and even spreading among those who dont even know anymore what the original dog was like. forgive me to wish and try to appeal to people's attitudes

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff