Welcome to Gaia! ::

IRL Kitten

16,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Megathread 100
Straight from Uncle Kenny.

The site itself will continue as it has with most of the same staff that it had before. Obviously I can't go into detail but our overall plans are thus far unaffected by things and development/maintenance on the site and its features has already continued. I'm not the one who makes hiring decisions but I'm not aware of current plans to hire anyone to fill the positions left by those who were let go. We don't have any plans to remove any features, content, or games from the site so no, we won't be taking zOMG! offline.

Unfortunately, we're not really able to elaborate on the reasoning behind it. Only those internal to the company are privy to such information. That's really all I can say about it.

----------------------------
zOMG's okay. It will probably be swamped with bugs that aren't gonna get fixed anytime soon though. But yeah, no need to panic.
You can smother people with facts but they will never understand unless they choose to do so.

Savage Tactician

22,040 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Olympian 200
Screenshot, anything? Verification?

Regular

Fluffeh Whip
zOMG's okay. It will probably be swamped with bugs that aren't gonna get fixed anytime soon though

That doesn't sound ok.. crying

Scurvy Pirate

Only Gray

I give this thread the Uncle Kenny stamp of verification. Though I don't really have a stamp or picture of a stamp so it's really just this text confirming it. Either way, yeah, it's legit. We don't have any plans to take down zOMG!.

Destructive Bunny

Uncle Kenny
Only Gray

I give this thread the Uncle Kenny stamp of verification. Though I don't really have a stamp or picture of a stamp so it's really just this text confirming it. Either way, yeah, it's legit. We don't have any plans to take down zOMG!.

A bit out of place, but is HoC on maintenance mode too now? Or will Gracewar7 and co be posting the updates now?

Scurvy Pirate

Starshine
Uncle Kenny
Only Gray

A bit out of place, but is HoC on maintenance mode too now? Or will Gracewar7 and co be posting the updates now?

Since HoC was handled by the social team, I'm not sure what their plan for it is. It'll probably be determined in the coming weeks but since that's not within the Gaia Online side of things, I can't really say either way.
I always thought it was kind of unwarranted, people fearing zOMG! would be taken down just because a few devs were fired who had nothing to do with the game anymore. rolleyes This concern is more understandable for a game like HOC instead.

Destructive Bunny

Uncle Kenny
Starshine
Uncle Kenny
Only Gray

Since HoC was handled by the social team, I'm not sure what their plan for it is. It'll probably be determined in the coming weeks but since that's not within the Gaia Online side of things, I can't really say either way.
I see, thank for the reply smile

Fluff Powerhouse

16,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Jack-pot 100
Uncle Kenny
Only Gray

User Image

Scurvy Pirate

Pirate Captain Sushi
Uncle Kenny
Only Gray

User Image

Ha, amazing.

Mon's Pardner

Rebel Entrepreneur

16,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
that is good news, TY for verifying this and making people panic less. xD

IRL Kitten

16,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Megathread 100
melloxkitty
Fluffeh Whip
zOMG's okay. It will probably be swamped with bugs that aren't gonna get fixed anytime soon though

That doesn't sound ok.. crying
sad Yup. Well its not like anyone knows how to code it anymore, I don't know if there's a dev left that does.

If there are, not many either way. sad

Explorer

gurl we cant believe anything people say. whatever happens will happen. time will tell.

Mega Hoarder

Uncle Kenny
Only Gray

this is good to know. as long as it's still on the site, we can have some small hope that some day someone will decide to start work on it again.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff