Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you believe they might be doing anything else for the game?

Yes 0.234375 23.4% [ 15 ]
No 0.765625 76.6% [ 49 ]
Total Votes:[ 64 ]
1 2 >

O.G. Fatcat

3,350 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
That since they took zOMG off completely, we still have the option to go buy items that are only able to be used for the game? I feel they should take off everything since there is really no point for us to keep using it.

Or maybe they're keeping it because they have something else in mind...?
It's just a thought though.

Any opinions or thoughts?
I wish it would come back..

Divine Star

9,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
Hmm I see your point, in fact I thought the same at the first ... xd
Is really strange too that the forums are still open, and I saw this with many games
Honestly, something that I´m trying to reason ...

Generous Decorator

13,075 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Festive Eye 50
What items are being sold that can can only be used for the game? I don't see any.

TasteChaos's King

Duck

Unless you mean the ones sold on MP,
there are no powerups for sale in LV and Back alley anymore.
I think it would just be too much work to weed it all out.

Blessed Sophomore

9,040 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Junior 100
I know that Gaia said that their staff has gotten smaller. Maybe they've shut down zOMG because they couldn't handle it. If that is the case, they really need to hire more people. I can think of tons of people who would love to work on the website and have the knowledge to do so. It's probably only a matter of time before they hire more staff, then the game will probably come back on.

Elder

Gaia is sloppy. That's why.

Hygienic Gawker

I'd like to think that might be a good sign but if anything it's probably just laziness? I don't know. Maybe they'll make a line of zOMG themed items. Like that one guy from the beach with the sunglasses could be a companion. He could just talk and talk all day with that accent that sounds like he has a mouth full of cotton...

Or the labtech from the Aqueduct! @_@ My gosh, if they actually made him into a companion item I might actually buy gcash to get him.

But probably nothing will happen.

Supreme Smoker

11,050 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Team Carl 200
  • Millionaire 200
ZOMG was the reason i started playing

Lunaki3's Husband

Married Genius

5,000 Points
  • Married 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Trader 100
I would like to hope that they will sometime in the future finish repairs on the code and programming but somehow with the way gaia appears as a whole makes me think it's falling apart totally.

Fashionable Seeker

I just hope Gaia really is making something new for us because I can't simply stand the fact that they deleted zOMG!... stare

fantasy writer melty pot's Love Of My Life

Adorable Tipper

10,225 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Voter 100
I highly doubt they'll ever bring Zomg back because any or all questions about bringing it back or if some good ol gaia users with some good coding knowledge can help fix the "coding problems" are often ignored. I used to love Gaia, too. confused

Supreme Vampire

9,250 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
Quote:
"Hey Gaians,

We want to take a moment to address the issue of zOMG! being shut down, and to give more details about why we are unable to bring zOMG! back. We understand that people have been upset by this news, particularly those Gaians who have been loyal zOMG! players. We'd to take a moment to address several of the major concerns and comments about zOMG! closing that we've seen expressed in the forums:

a) With regards to our previous announcements, in which we said "don't worry: zOMG! will be up and running as soon as it's patched up!", we want you to know that when we made these statements, we did honestly believe we would be able to bring the game back after fixes were made. It was never our intent to NOT bring the game back. The decision to leave zOMG! down was only made after learning about serious problems with the game's code. We do want to apologize to you, however, for the way we worded our messages. We should not have said the game was definitely coming back even if this is what we believed when we made those statements. It was never our intent to be misleading about the state of zOMG!, and we understand why this is upsetting for you. We are sorry, truly, for any frustration this has caused.

B) Regarding the reason zOMG! cannot be brought back, there has been a lot of speculation on the reason for our decision. Frankly, the truth of the matter is that during an investigation into issues with zOMG!, it was discovered that zOMG! had a serious flaw in the code. Basically, there was a security exploit in the game that, had it been abused (and thankfully it wasn't!), would have allowed people not only access to zOMG!, but to our site's servers and ultimately, to all your accounts. Knowing this was the case, we couldn't, in good faith, continue to allow zOMG! to remain up and running. We even had one of the fabulous former zOMG! devs look into the issue to see how long it might take to fix this exploit, but a concrete estimate was impossible to make given the sheer volume of code. Ultimately, we decided to leave zOMG! shut down because the security of your accounts and our servers is priority.

C) Finally, we would like to say that closing zOMG! had nothing to do with money, or whether or not zOMG! was making a profit. Frankly, zOMG! hasn't made an overall profit for a while now. We've left zOMG! up and running because we love zOMG!, and more importantly, because we know that YOU love zOMG!. Closing zOMG! was actually a very difficult and sad decision for us, especially for those staff members who saw the game from its inception, to launch, and beyond. At the end of the day, however, the safety concerns over the exploit had to prevail.

We hope this provides you with more details on why the decision to shut down zOMG! was made. Again, thank you to all the players who have supported zOMG! over the years - we hope that you'll carry forward fond memories of the friendships you made with other players in game."

I found the above but i find most of it Bullshit.... and i see your point if you take out the game take out the forums along with the ability to buy things for the game. they state that it is not about money but from this point of view it is.

And than as far as the back doors as i call them there are ways to patch them.... but even best game are able to be hacked.... heck look at play station and Microsoft they get hacked almost every month ..... And if the hackers are good the bring them on bored to help then stop future hacker....

Shy Browser

10,000 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Contributor 150
yea, maybe not strange but if you're going to get rid of zOMG! then get rid of everything that has to do with it as well, including the forum.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff